Pool equipment: varieties, the recommendations, the correct choice and installation
Table of contents
1 High quality finish Basin
- 1.1 Important characteristics of the facing cover
- 1.2 Choosing tile for ponds
2 Variety of tiles, suitable for swimming pool
- 2.1 mosaic tiles
- 2.2 Ceramic tile
- 2.3 Clinker
3 Features tiling the pool
- 3.1 Choice facing set
- 3.2 Recommendations for installation finishes
- 3.3 What you need to know about the glue and grout for lining?
- 4 Output
Best facing pool - this tiles.
The construction of the pool - is a complex engineering and construction tasks. For this we need to build or dig a bowl properly reinforced it and pour concrete, waterproofed and bring utilities. But it is equally important to carry out finishing pond reliable material - primarily it is tile. Plain tile is not suitable for swimming pools. Why and what material to choose? Let's investigate.
High quality finish Basin
An ordinary ceramic tiles is not suitable for finishing pools, after a while it begins to crack.
The most beautiful pools lined bowls obtained from ceramic tiles.
Plain tiles used for walls, not suitable for a swimming pool. It's too loose and porous, and its fragile glaze.
On the surface of the coating in the cup of exposure to harmful microorganisms and disinfectant compositions. On the tiles also with great force pushes the water. Because of all this plain tiles quickly cracked.
Important characteristics of the facing cover
By purchasing coverage, look for these icons, they talk about the important characteristics of the tile.
properties of tileSuitable for finishing pools:
- Weather resistance, impact resistance and maximum resistance to frost. Especially important are these parameters when the pool is being built on the street. Then you should consider the high temperature fluctuations and the winter cold.
- Practicality and reliability - equally important characteristics of the coating.
- Durability - a guaranteed term of its service is to be maximized.
- anti-slip quality. Moving on a wet surface, you can slip and fall. It is fraught with injuries. Therefore, for the pool tile it must be equipped with anti-facial coating. Its surface may be rough, embossed or coated with a protective agent.
In a tile in the pool must be the water absorption coefficient close to zero.
- coefficient of water absorption. The coating should absorb moisture as possible in a smaller volume. That is, choose coverage with minimal water absorption coefficient.
- The aesthetic appearance of the coating. Many manufacturers it is fully observed. Now you can buy a tile a variety of colors, tones and shades, with a variety of designs, patterns and textures.
Choosing tile for ponds
So, how to correctly select the tiles for decoration pools, which are the most important quality of the material?
- First of all find out what the water absorption in the tile you liked. This parameter should tend to zero. If the material is too porous, it quickly saturated with moisture. As a result, life of the coating will be reduced, it becomes fragile and brittle.
The porous lining can not withstand the conditions of the pool and it will have to change.
The longer the exposure to wet environments on a porous tile, so will be more serious problems. Not only for her but also for the pool. Gradually it will be broken waterproofing seal. This will trigger the destruction of the structure.
construction standards strictly regulate the parameters of the water absorption of the tiles. In the covering material for the pool it should be no more than 3%.
All tile, operated in an aqueous medium, should have anti-slip properties.
- All tiles used in wet areas (swimming pools, saunas, baths, showers), where users go barefoot on wet floors, divided into three classes of anti-slip properties.
This tile is marked with Latin letters. It begins with a classification of minimal slope angle at which bare feet would not slip. Each batch is tested anti-slip finish on this indicator.
Classification of non-slip tiles qualities.
- class A. This is the tile, where bare feet only hold a 12-degree slope. It is used for packing the minimum moistened walkways, floor lining in the recreation areas, locker rooms. It is also possible to finish the bottom of the pool to a depth of more than 80 cm.
- class B. Such a tile is used at an angle of inclination of 12 to 18 degrees. It is possible to clad walkways pool areas adjacent to its ledges, shower compartments.
Suitable tiles class B and for lining the small pools (less than 80 cm deep) for children ( "Frogs") and beginner swimmers. Suitable it and treads, not less than one meter wide, double-sided handrail.
The photo example with embossed surface coating slip category C.
- class C. A bar of this type can be used at an angle of inclination of 18 to 24 degrees. It is used in areas next to the pool for its ledges, stairs and slopes, as well as coatings with a strong bias.
Variety of tiles, suitable for swimming pool
Tile for swimming pools can be made from different materials. The most common cladding made from colored or glazed ceramics and glass. These materials have their advantages and disadvantages relative.
Mosaic - a little different form plitochki collected in modules on the grid.
Mosaic - covering material in the form of small tiles chips. Their shape can be very different: round, shaped, polygonal, rectangular, square. But the most common form of the latter. For ease of installation the chips are going into modules and glued on a plastic grid.
The most common size of the chip:
- 1.5 × 1.5 cm;
- 2.3 × 2.3 cm;
- 2.4 × 2.4 cm;
- 2.58 × 2.58 cm;
- 4.8 × 4.8 cm.
The most common size of the mosaic module:
- 29.7 × 29.7 cm;
- 30 × 30 cm;
- 32 × 32 cm;
- 32.5 × 32.5 cm;
- 32.7 × 32.7 cm;
- 25 × 50 cm.
Such tiles are used for cladding (partial, full or a panel), ceilings, floors, walls, catwalks in the pool and its cup and ledges. The main difference from the conventional mosaic tile analogue enclosed at its base.
Mosaic ideal for facing curvilinear surfaces.
It is flexible. Therefore, such coating allows to stack on round, semi-circular, curvilinear and curved surfaces.
Mosaic Onyx - expensive, beautiful and luxury covering material.
Tile mosaic is made of a variety of solid materials:
- glass and so forth.
Glass mosaic hardly absorbs water.
The most widely used two recent material. Glass tiles produced from the melt of silica sand and various oxide pigments.
Advantages of glass mosaic:
- The maximum low level of water absorption (0-0,4%). It has a high water resistance.
- Such tiles in the pool will last a very long time. Guaranteed its service life - 15-20 years.
- Material frost- and zharostoek.
- Glass is resistant to chemical agents. Tiles made of it does not change the appearance of their impact.
- The structure of the material solid. He does not have long, that could develop harmful microorganisms.
- High impact strength. To make glass mosaic improved mechanical strength, temper it - is burned at a very high temperature.
Mosaics decorate your pool and make it unique.
- A variety of colors and tones. To achieve a wide color palette, manufacturers in the glass melt add different pigmenting substances. This may be a pearl, boron, selenium, cadmium, various minerals, and so forth.
there is a Russian company among the leading manufacturers of the mosaic - it Kerama Marazzi.
Top manufacturers of mosaic Facing the pool:
- Latina Ceramica (Spain);
- Kerama Marazzi (Russia);
- Natural Mosaic (PRC);
- Skalini (Italy);
- Ceracasa (Spain);
- Alma Mosaic (PRC);
- Dado Ceramica (Italy);
- Trend (Italy);
- Atlas Concorde (Italy).
Price mosaic tile varies, depending on the material for their production and well-known manufacturers, from 2000 to 14000 rubles. per square meter.
Of all types of ceramic tiles for decoration pools most suitable porcelain.
Ceramics used in construction for thousands of years. But it is popular now.
Ceramic tiles in the pool is endowed with a slightly different composition than the usual tile for walls. At its manufacturing technology used, reducing porosity and increasing the density of the material.
The smallest coefficient of water absorption of some species of clinker (about 3%) and "porcelain" cladding.
In the production of so-called "porcelain" tiles used feldspar, white clay, quartz and kaolin. That is almost the same components as for the production of the porcelain. That's why she got such name.
To give the tile the color you want, in the raw materials are added to the pigments of metal oxides. The dough is then kneaded clay, and from the pressed tile. This is done by means of press or extrusion billets through the extruder.
Then the tile is fired at a temperature of approximately + 1300 °. In this process, all the components of the material melt and sinter together.
Slip resistance porcelain tile.
Dignity, which is endowed with "porcelain" tiles for the pool:
- High strength and density.
- Resistance to mechanical stresses and impacts.
- The surface of vitreous material. Therefore, the "porcelain" tiles do not have to cover the glaze.
- Practical, easy to clean and durable. The average term of its service life is 20-25 years.
- aesthetically looks.
- The material has a high water-repellent and water-absorbing low quality.
Clay tiles are very durable, dense and waterproof.
Thinking what tiles are better for finishing pools, pay attention to the clinker. Tiles made it practically does not absorb water. It is safe environmentally, and its surface - slip.
First clinker was used in the Netherlands. There, it is first paved road, which eventually operated reliably for a long time.
Now, thanks to the excellent performance of the scope of the use of ceramic tiles has grown significantly. For example, clinker very low water absorption. Therefore, it can also be used as a decoration for the pool.
Clay tiles - a natural material. It is made from vitreous and fireclay plastic clay. The technology of its production is the same as for the other tiles. First clay dough is extruded or compressed. Then the workpiece burned in furnaces at a temperature of approximately + 1400 °.
Due chamotte slabs of clinker endowed with maximum strength. The high density allows it to withstand high loads occurring due to the pressure of water and temperature extremes.
Glazed material more resistant to moisture.
I recommend that you use for finishing ceramic tiles pool covered with glaze. In such a material the coefficient of water absorption is less than 3%.
Such tiles fired at a higher temperature. At about + 1500 °.
it is then covered with an enamel coating, which penetrates into the pores of a few clinker and seals them. Because of this moisture resistance of the material increases and decreases water absorption. Also, since the absence makes it impossible to develop on the tile harmful microorganisms.
Enamel glaze may be of different colors and shades. Therefore, it covered clinker tiles provides ample opportunities for the design of the pool.
Features tiling the pool
Tiles for decoration pools differ in shape, size, color, material and production characteristics. Keep this in mind when choosing a facing material.
Do not forget about the division of the tiles on the classes of anti-slip properties. From this the safety of people bathing in the pool will depend.
Choice facing set
Pool covers are often made in the collections and sets. They consist of several types of tiles single destination.
Background mosaic decoration fills the main field.
- background tile - is the foundation of the lining. They may be intended for the walls or the bottom of the pool. These two types of tiles have a different surface texture. Color them can be very different. The most common blue, blue, green, white background tiles.
Mosaic frieze serving decorative element cladding.
- decorative tiles. This can be friezes, individual tiles patterned, and patterned (or) panels. decor theme for the pool is most often the sea.
Shaped tiles need to trim structural members pool.
- shaped tiles. They are designed for wall moldings. These may include: bumpers, gutters, edges, corners, stairs and so on.
Without fancy tile cladding is difficult to make, because it has to be customized by the size of the necessary standard plain tiles. This leads to a waste of material and increasing financial costs.
The edges of the basin elements with different levels, situated in the water, it is best to revet contrasting color tiles. So they can be easily distinguished when bathing.
The company Agrob-Buchtal makes ceramic tiles popular in Russia.
Most manufacturers 'porcelain' and ceramic tiles for lining pools:
- Agrob-Buchtal (Germany);
- Interbau-Blink (Germany);
- Corporation Versatile (Spain), uniting factories producing tiles under the brand Gresan and Exagres;
- Geotech (Italy);
- Piscina (Spain);
- Kerama Marazzi (Russia).
Tiles can be cost 1200-4000 rubles per square meter.
Recommendations for installation finishes
EXAMPLE competent selection and mounting facing material.
- Choose for finishing tile pool, designed specifically for this. Ordinary tiles for such work is not suitable, not only due to the fact that too porous and leaky. He is also not the same size and shape (from rounded edge tiles for swimming pools).
Large tiles unsuitable for swimming pools.
- basin bowl can not coat the large format tiles. Hydraulic structure subjected to considerable pressure of water column. The pool, the stronger this effect:
- To cover because it is not destroyed, each tile dimensions should be no more than 12.5 × 24.5 cm.
- When the swimming pool has a rectangular configuration, it is possible to use a tile size of 15 × 15 cm.
- If the pool of a complex form, for its tiling must have smaller dimensions. Its length and width can vary from 10 to 2 cm.
- Tile seams in the basin need to do more than conventional cladding kitchen or bathroom. As already mentioned, the water is a great burden on the reservoir wall. Because of this, they bend to a few millimeters.
When laying tiles in the pool comes up against it after a while covered with small cracks. They begin to breed harmful microorganisms.
Mosaic is better to lay in the indoor pool.
- Mosaic tiles are not very suitable for the installation in the outdoor pools. In severe seasonal temperature fluctuations chips often fall off from the base. Because of this, you will have in front of each swimming season to repair the pool cover.
Ceramic tiles for the pool is more resistant to temperature changes. Then you only have to once every three or four seasons again to seal tile grout.
- Tiling the pool should be carried out 28 days after sealing and plastering his cup.
- Coating laid horizontally in rows and start from the walls of the bowl. To lay tiles precisely and exactly, mark the surface of the guiding beacons or plumb. By mounting each row, check the evenness of his building level.
- When stacked panels or tiles of a mosaic, then I recommend you do it from the mid pictures. Gradually moves toward the edges. So you will not break the alignment pattern.
The principle of laying tile on the bottom of the pool.
- At the bottom of the bowl put the tiles triangles rather than rows. Divide conditionally "sex" pool of four such figures. Shall be done by laying tiles. Along the edges of the triangles you have to put the cut tile.
Finish begins with a series against the wall, and then install a row, perpendicular to it. It will show the direction for the next series.
What you need to know about the glue and grout for lining?
For laying cladding choose special glue for swimming pools.
When laying tiles correctly pick up the adhesive solution. Tile glue in the pool has to:
- be as moisture-resistant;
- different elasticity;
- anti-freeze, if the pond is open.
I recommend that you use glue with the addition of latex. He gives the solution of the water resistance and adhesion of the tiles makes the most reliable.
Remember that only the correct choice of adhesive coating in the pool will be durable and safe for bathing people.
Tile I advise you to buy the glue with adhesiveness of 1 MPa or higher. For mosaic facings optimal solution - choosing a composition having adhesiveness of 2.5 megapascals.
Instructions manufacturers warn that a correct application of the adhesive, use a notched trowel. Its width should be the same size to be laid tiles.
To masonry was neat, use crosses to joints.
That the seams between the tiles were smooth, use a special cross. Their thickness should correspond to the selected size of the tile joints.
After laying the tiles or mosaics and complete drying of the adhesive, you can begin to grout joints fugue. It will not only help seal the seams, but also will give a pool cover neat and aesthetic appearance.
Cover seams in the water it is necessary to overwrite waterproof grouts.
For the pool is necessary Fugue for use in wet areas. This water-resistant grout as possible.
- universal be white;
- using the chosen color scheme to match the tile;
- contrasted with her color.
Pool equipment should be dense and water-resistant. Highly desirable that she had a small size. By selecting a suitable material and adhering to the recommendations, you can oblitsevat its beautiful swimming pool and a reliable coating. Check out the video in this article, in it you will find many valuable tips. If you have any questions, ask them in the comments.