Decorative panels for walls: varieties, features, methods of installation
Table of contents
- 1 why panels
2 Announce the entire list
- 2.1 plastic
- 2.2 MDF
- 2.3 chipboard
- 2.4 of glass
- 2.5 3D panel
- 3.1 Mounting adhesive
- 3.2 Mounting on crate
- 4 conclusion
What decorative panels for walls offers a modern market? I'll introduce you to the key features of each variety of finishing material. In addition, we find out what methods of installation can be used when finishing panels. So, in a way.
Decorating the bathroom plastic panels.
What, in fact, decorative wall panels are advantageous compared to other ways of wall decoration?
- speed of installation. Sew up the wall panels much faster than clean it from old coatings, re-plastered, zashpatlevat and paint;
When finishing panels not only reduce staff time, but also do not need to wait for curing surfacing materials. Finishing completed in the end of the last panel mounting. For comparison - the alignment between the wall plaster putty and painting it must be at least 2 weeks.
- Undemanding to the base. The panels can be mounted on brick and concrete walls, plasterboard or plywood on the walls. Thus, any irregularities in the substrate can be removed crate;
Finishing panels for sheathing hide any irregularities of the walls.
- Ability to hide communications installation. For decoration, you can hide the sewer and water supply, wiring and line-conditioning system;
- The ability to modify the properties of the wall surface. For example, plastic panels can protect the plywood partition splash and panels made of MDF - to make a stone wall warm to the touch.
Announce the entire list
So what are the decorative panels on the walls and ceiling can be found on sale?
Made of polyvinyl chloride - inexpensive and sufficiently durable polymer. The thickness and dimensions depend on the trim member panel structure:
|monolithic: Standard 3 mm thick with dimensions approximately 1 x 0.5 m.|
|cellular: Thickness of 6-10 mm with a length of 3-6 meters and a width of 100-370 mm.|
Here are the key qualities of the fabric:
- Water resistance - absolute. Panels can be safely used in wet rooms PVC does not absorb moisture and is not destroyed by prolonged contact with water;
Cellular PVC panels should not be used as an apron over the bath and wash basin. Their pazogrebnevye connection leaking, and for finishing inevitably gets wet. As a result, you get affected by fungus under the finished wall.
- Flammability - PVC does not support combustion;
However, at temperatures above 120 ° C the polymer decomposes with the release of hydrogen chloride HCl choking.
- Resistance to pollution - it depends on the texture of the surface. Glossy panel almost never get dirty, but Matt easily collect dirt.
Matt surface panels actively collects contaminants.
- Cleaning - any detergents, except abrasive. Acceptable application even weak alkaline and acidic solutions.
MDF - a wood processing product, a variety of fiberboard (hardboard). The surface textured panels glued paper or vinyl film. The second option is much more practical: it makes washable finish.
The size and thickness of the panels are determined by the presence or absence of locks:
|Products with pazogrebnevyh locks: Thickness 6 mm at the sizes 2700h200 - 2700h300 mm|
|The sheet with smooth edges: Thickness 3 mm at the sizes 2440h910 mm|
Here are the other characteristics of the material:
- Water resistance - low. vinyl coated panel transferred contact with splashes of water and periodic rubbing, but swell when high humidity levels. Finishing material pasted textured paper, can be cleaned with a dry cloth;
- fire risk. MDF - wood products and consists of its fibers. Accordingly, the material will support combustion;
- Resistance to pollution - at high vinyl-coated panels and low if they are plastered paper.
Panels of MDF with vinyl coating can be used in the kitchen and in the hallway.
acoustic properties: MDF sound-absorbing, preventing reflections of acoustic vibrations. Finishing decorative panels MDF is ideal for a home theater or a room where you listen to music.
Decorative panels for walls made of laminated chipboard may have the following dimensions:
- Thickness: 8-16 mm;
- Width: 100-900 mm;
- Length: 150-3000 mm.
Note that the standard sheet width chipboard domestic production - 1830 mm. Cutting into narrow panel trim makes insensitive to temperature and humidity: changes in linear dimensions compensated seams.
Finished wall finishing system are available for different methods of installation:
|The outer sealing seamsThey closed inserts of aluminum profile.|
|Hidden hinged system: Seams open panel closed plastic edges are fixed on the hidden sections.|
Water resistance: Low. Finish is designed for dry rooms only.
fire risk: Chipboard support combustion at high temperatures.
Resistance to pollution: High.
Cleaning: Plate surface is coated paper laminate, and can be washed using any cleaning agents. Under the ban only abrasive pastes and powders that can leave scratches.
panel of glass structure looks like this:
- The core sheet is made of oxide and magnesium chloride with a filler (fine perlite and wood shavings);
- It is reinforced on both sides with glass reinforcing or kraft paper;
- The front surface is covered with a layer of acrylates, providing an attractive appearance and making washable panel.
Structure of glass decorative panel.
Standard sizes SML-panel - 1220h2440 mm. The thickness ranges from 3 to 12 mm. Thanks to the reinforcement panel can bend, although slightly.
- Humidity resistance: Average. Panels intended for dry areas and can absorb up to 15 weight percent moisture. However, with only slightly reduced the flexural strength of the panel, the humid panel outwardly no different from dry;
- fire risk: absent. LSU - mineral material with zero flammability;
- Resistance to pollution: High due to the smooth front surface;
- Cleaning: Any detergent intended for acrylic baths. The use of acids and alkalies undesirable abrasives - unacceptable.
LSU panels with vinyl coating is particularly relevant in corridors and other areas with high traffic.
So called panel for interior decoration having considerable thickness (40 mm) and a front surface with deep relief. When the side illumination relief emphasizes the shadows, making the finish even more attractive.
Highlighting emphasizes the relief of 3D panels.
The most popular material for 3D panels - Gypsum; less frequently used plastics, wood and aluminum. Substrate plaster finish fiberglass reinforced member, the front surface may be coated vinyl film, enamel or veneer.
- Humidity resistance: It depends on the material. The gypsum and wood can be used in dry areas, plastic and metal - in bathrooms and lavatories;
- fire risk: In plaster and metal panels - zero. Plastics react to heat in different ways: PVC does not support combustion, but acrylic ignites and burns, releasing a large amount of smoke;
- Resistance to pollution: Determined by coating the front surface. Gypsum is easily spoiled, the glossy plastic and metal contaminants hardly delay;
- Cleaning: Plaster - dry only. Wooden panels can be wiped with a damp cloth. Plastic and aluminum wash any non-abrasive means.
Finishing 3D wooden panels: expensive, prestigious, impractical.
What is the wall finish with decorative panels? I omit the installation using a special profile system: detailed instructions for their use is always in the documentation or on the manufacturer's website.
It touches on only inexpensive and popular materials - plaster 3-D panels, plastic and made of MDF battens.
A simple and fast way, which requires a durable and relatively flat base. As the adhesive, I advise you to use:
- For gypsum products - Perlfiks (adhesive for GCR) or any gypsum putty;
- For plastic and MDF panels - spot-on silicone sealant or liquid nails.
Finishing my attic: MDF panels pasted on plywood walls spot-on with silicone sealant.
Liquid adhesive (eg, PVA) should not be used. Due to its low viscosity it will not hold up against the wall panel, and that falls under its own weight. Ensure a tight clamping of each panel over its entire area for several hours, you know, is quite difficult.
The adhesive is applied only to one surface (usually on the panel). In this case, the wall surface should not be dusty or crumbling. Both of these problems perfectly solves Cleaning Brushes and subsequent primer penetrating acrylic primer.
Mounting on crate
This method is used when the base has serious irregularities or when you want to hide for falshstenoy communication. Here are the materials from which the easiest way to collect their own hands crate:
|Bar cross-section of 40-50 mm. It is used only in dry areas: wood tends to warp with humidity fluctuations.|
|galvanized profile Drywall. Crate is assembled from ceiling profile CD and attached to the base straight hangers.|
Installation of decorative panels on the crate is carried out:
|glue. So it is possible to fix MDF battens to the frame of the bar.|
|Nails or screws. They are driven or screwed into the stud pazogrebnevyh castle. Installing the next panel hides the mount.|
|on klyaymery (Galvanized fastening, fixing pazogrebnevyh lock). This method is attractive the ability to quickly remove the finish.|
When a small length of the panel (60 cm), it can be inserted into the starting plastic profiles, nailed or bolted to the frame, the ceiling or wall. At greater length it needs to mount an intermediate, or over time, the panel will sag.
In the photo - filing ventkanala in my kitchen. Short plastic panels are inserted into the two fixed screws starting profile.
I am sure that the acquaintance with modern materials and their installation was interesting for you. Learn more about the wall panels will help the video in this article. If you have any questions - ask in the form of comments.