Shingles - a review of the main manufacturers and recommendations on the choice of a particular variant
Table of contents
- 1 Basic recommendations on selection
2 Overview of the main manufacturers of shingles
- 2.1 Shingles "Shinglas"
- 2.2 Shingles "Katepal"
- 2.3 Soft tile "Rufleks"
- 2.4 Roof "Tegola"
- 3 Output
In this article, we'll look at what the shingles. Let us find out what are the different types, and will review the four major manufacturers of products. You will receive clear guidance on the selection, based on my experience of working with them.
Shingles comes to the roofs of any shape
A variety of colors and textures of the soft roof allows you to choose the best option to any building
Easy to install flexible roof - an important advantage over other types of coatings
Basic recommendations on selection
Shingles - a multilayer material made on the basis of bitumen. The elements of the same for all manufacturers, but the quality of the raw material used is different. It is important to choose the best option on the main aspects.
soft tile structure is the same for all manufacturers
The basic material used in the manufacture of a soft roof - bitumen. It comes in three types, they are described in the table below:
air-blown asphalt. The cheapest, but also the most unreliable option.
Such feedstocks long retains elasticity and hardens in a few years, resulting in damage to the roof in strong winds.
APP-modified bitumen. Produced by the introduction of the special additives, which ensures the preservation of the initial parameters of products at high temperatures.
In this embodiment the frost becomes brittle, so it is used in southern areas with mild winters.
SBS-modified bitumen. Special additive helps the sheets with increased flexibility and ductility even at sub-zero temperatures.
Thanks to this material is suitable for most regions. I recommend products from SBS-modified bitumen as the highest quality.
Round roof can be covered only shingles
Besides bitumen composition shingles include other components:
- The basis. This can be a glass fiber, and felts of synthetic fibers. The first option is preferable because of higher levels of strength;
- Outdoor sprinkling. The service life of a bituminous flexible roof depends on how well the surface is protected from damage by ultraviolet radiation. As used flouring basalt or mineral aggregates. The main requirement for this part - the surface must be completely covered;
The outer layer should stay flouring based flexible roof very strongly
Color shingles may be uneven and have blotches, imitating natural materials
- adhesive layer. It may be in the form of strip or sheet to cover half. Check the glue is very simple - neatly separates the edge of the protective film and leans to the finger surface. If it is sticky, it means everything is fine - if not, better to look for another option.
Qualitative adhesive strip on a flexible tile provides reliable fixation elements when laying the prepared substrate
- material weight - Another important aspect in determining the quality of roofing. Shingles square meter may weigh from 6 to 15 kilograms. I recommend to use a lot of options of 8 kilograms, since thinner sheets unreliable.
The thicker shingles, the more reliable it will be laid from the roof
Minimum slope of the roof must be at least 11.3 degrees. From the roof of the angle depends on surface preparation method, below is a diagram on which you define what your slope without difficulty.
If the slope is less than 11 degrees, it is impossible to lay the shingles
On a small slope you must carefully prepare the base
Bitumen roof is placed on a specially prepared surface. So you need to purchase additional materials:
Endovny carpet. Manufactured in rolls 1 meter wide and 10 meters long.
You should choose products from the same manufacturer as that of the main roof. In this case, you have exactly coincide, and the hue and structure.
Price per roll of an average of 3000 rubles, but may be higher in expensive collections roof.
Lining the carpet. It can be of two types - a standard and with a self-adhesive coating.
The first is a solid floor on roofs with a slight slope. The second is used to create additional Gidrobarer at the edges of the roof.
Price first embodiment 1-2 thousand per roll 15 square meters, the second - from 2.5 thousands of the same roll
Adhesive sealant. Needs for bonding lining materials and additional fixation of roofing where it is needed.
Bitumen mastic is better to choose the same brand as the roof, or use the options recommended by the manufacturer.
The cost of packaging weighing 5 kg is from 2 to 3 thousand.
Konkovo-cornice tiles. Sold together with a base material, its quantity is calculated over the length of the eaves and junctions. Here the most important thing - to buy the right color.
Price for the package is 1000-2000 rubles. Each sheet is divided into 3 parts, clearly visible on the picture lines which element tears easily.
Nails for soft roof. Used galvanized articles 3 mm thick and 30-35 mm long.
It is better to buy them separately, since sellers flexible roofing prices in half to two times higher than in specialized stores fasteners.
Products sold by weight, a kilogram costs 100-150 rubles.
It is best to consult with the developers who made roofing shingles. Ideally, if it had lain 10 years, then there will be visible all the flaws if any.
High-quality flexible roof in 10 years looks great
Overview of the main manufacturers of shingles
On the market there are about a dozen of product variants.
The most popular brands and manufacturers of shingles are:
- «Shinglas"(" Gargi MIDA "Lithuania," TekhnoNIKOL »Russia);
- «katepal»(« Katepal OY »Finland);
- «Rufleks»(« Katepal OY »Finland," Diana ", Russia);
- «Tegola»(« Tegola »Italy,« Nordland »Russia).
Shingles "Shinglas" - solution available from domestic producers
Shingles made under this title in our country for almost 20 years.
- Large range of prices. The cost per square meter ranges from 220 to 1,200 rubles, which allows everyone to choose the option on the pocket;
- Availability. "Shinglas" can be found in all regions, which is very important. After all, if you need to repair a part of the roof or cover more area, the purchased material is not difficult;
Bitumen shingles "Shinglas" - the market leader in Russia
- Great choice of cutting options. The main varieties of shingles shown below, but every year there are new options, which is also important;
The dimensions of the different types of shingles are slightly different
Cutting the "Continent" - a new version of shingles, which is very similar to the roof of shingles
- Wide range of colors. Each collection has from 4 to 10 color options. This allows you to choose the best solution for any home;
Bitumen roof "Shinglas" can have different colors, which will satisfy the most refined customer
The main disadvantages:
- Sprinkling keeps not very reliable. If you do not walk on the roof, this negative is not very important. But if from time to time you need to move around on the roof, do so gently;
- Poor quality budget lines. This is especially true version of "Finnish shingles," it is generally better not to use. There are many problems - from low reliability, to uneven cutting and strong odor, which lasts a very long time.
Cheap roofing material used for gazebos and sheds on his house is not recommended
The service life of products varies from 7 to 50 years, depending on the collection. Always check this option.
If you make solid floor before laying the material, the coating "Jazz" collection will serve 50 years or more
Shingles "Katepal" is made in Finland. According to most specialists, roofers this option is the best in terms of value for money.
- A large assortment. Currently it presented 5 collections for different purposes. All kinds of products have good quality, and it is a major plus tiles' Katepal ";
Assortment "Katepal" flexible roof consists of five product lines
- Large selection of colors. Each collection has a lot of colors that are constantly updated with new versions. An example is presented below line "Rocky's", which have recently been added another 3 hue;
On shingles roof color appearance depends a lot, so try to trim it carefully
- Long service life. According to the documents, he is 25 years old, but if you have spent working on the technology, the roof will be 50 years and over, no matter what your line. "Katepal" was developed under the harsh Finnish conditions, so it can withstand our winter without problems.
- High price. Price tag varies from 510 to 720 rubles. But when you consider that even the most budget tiles are of good quality and expensive options are much cheaper than the same "Shinglas", this aspect is not critical;
- Demands on compliance technology. If you do not make a quality ventilation of roof space or wrong to prepare the surface, in some places the roof may swell. Do not skimp on quality materials and carefully follow all manufacturer's recommendations for the work.
To avoid warping shingles, it is necessary to carry out the work in such a way as prescribed by the manufacturer's instructions
Soft tile "Rufleks"
Roof "Rufleks" made in Finland for over 60 years
Previously, products were imported from Finland, but a few years ago opened a plant in the Saratov region.
The material has the following features:
- Attractive appearance. Products represented by six collections, each of which is attached to the roof of a certain effect. A lot of colors allow the best option for any structure;
All kinds of shingles from the same manufacturer have different design, but the stacking principle, however, remains the same
- Reasonable cost. Price range varies from 240 to 700 rubles;
- Good quality. The company did not invent their own products, and get ready technology of the Finnish manufacturer. With this product is durable and reliable.
Roofing shingles "Rufleks" reliable and durable
The disadvantages of this option are as follows:
- Poor quality of individual batches. Once I got shingles "Rufleks", in which the adhesive strip does not go well, and the plates themselves badly bent. Most likely, this was due to the use of low-quality raw materials. This, though rarely, but it happens, so you should check your chosen option before purchase;
- Shades of different packages can vary significantly. And the minutes refers to products manufactured in Russia, the Finnish version of this shortcoming I have not seen.
Before use, stir a few packs of shingles to the roof to make the color uniform
It is an Italian manufacturer that has more than 10 years represented in our country. Not so long ago openly production in Russia.
The main advantages are:
- A large number of options. There are three product lines, which are available in a variety of colors. Very original colors and look great on the roof;
A variety of options "Tegola" soft roof allows you to choose the best shade for any facade
- Affordable price. Square meter production cost from 220 to 530 rubles, the cost is the most effective solution of all;
Even "Tegola" premium line of flexible roof are inexpensive
- Original appearance. This manufacturer has the collection, which are different from all other brands. It will be appreciated by those who want to get an unusual roof, which will not meet on every second building.
"Canadese" series has an original appearance
We deal with disadvantages:
- Insecurity budget options. The same problem as that of the "Shinglas" - coating is not very high quality, and is short-lived. Poorly tolerated strong winds, frequently appear on the surface of bubbles due to poor quality of raw materials;
Strong wind simply tears off pieces of cheap low-quality roofing materials
- Low quality of domestic products. Many experts have noticed that the shingles Russian production much worse Italian counterpart. This is due to the raw material and the quality and unproven technology.
Italian tiles is different quality, there are problems with the Russian
Applying shingles, you put your hands on the roof covering even the most complex configurations of roofs
Using this overview, you can easily pick up high-quality roofing, shingles, and will serve for decades. Videos in this article will help you understand the topic better, and if you have any questions - please write them in the comments.