Beautiful roofs of private houses: 5 interesting ideas for standard designs
Table of contents
- 1.1 Option 1: flat
- 1.2 Option 2: pent
- 1.3 Option 3: gable
- 1.4 Option 4: hipped
- 1.5 Option 5: Roof
- 2 Output
How to make the roof to make it practical and beautiful? I had often thought about it. But now, having gained experience, he is ready to share with you some interesting solutions and vivid photos to add my review.
Smartly decorated roof can even decorate the most nondescript building
Depending on the type of construction, all kinds of roofs of private homes are divided into several basic types:
Consider the original versions of each type of roofing.
Option 1: flat
Recently increasingly popular so-called cubes at home. Their main element that imparts a shape and structure is a flat roof.
House-cube looks modern and original
I must say, the flat roof - the only type of roof construction, the coating which does not affect the design of the building. Therefore, you can use absolutely any obmazochnye roofing and materials, regardless of the design of the facade.
dignity: Flat roofs are not just beautiful and modern look, but also attracted by its practicality, as they allow them to use the surface with the use of, for example, as a terrace.
Flat roof can be used as a terrace, and even lawn
Disadvantages. Less of this design is that in the winter time on it and the whole building has an important snow load. Therefore, such a solution - it is not the best choice for regions with abundant rainfall.
In addition, the flat design deprives homeowners attic, which provides not only extra space, but also the insulation housing.
Two-storey house can be decorated with a pent roof
Option 2: pent
Shed roof is rarely used for private homes. However, they look quite unusual and interesting.
True to use them only for better two-storey houses. One-storey small house with a pent roof will look poor and unattractive.
Shed designs have a simple truss system that simplifies and reduces the cost of their installation
dignity. In addition, these roofs are unusual, they have other advantages:
- simplicity of design. As a result, a simple truss system, such roofs are cost effective;
- Easy installation. With this build such a roof can be their own hands.
Scat with a small angle of inclination is under severe snow load
Disadvantages. Shed design and some have their drawbacks:
- Most snow load. They have a small angle of inclination, so they are characterized by the same disadvantages as flat structures;
- Limited choice of roofing materials. This drawback is also related to the angle of inclination;
- Peculiar appearance. Not everyone likes how it looks lean-to roof.
I must say that, as in the case of a flat roof, roofing material on the design of the building is not particularly affected. The only thing it is desirable to pay attention to the color of the coating and the end plate.
Gable design - this is the most common type of roofs for private houses
Option 3: gable
Gable (dual), the most popular roofing for single-storey houses. Therefore, many people believe that they are stereotyped and impersonal.
Asymmetrical gable roof, even the most simple structure to make interesting and original
However, if competently approach to the design, even the gable roof can be beautiful and unusual. To do this, you need to pay attention to the following points:
- roof construction. Conventional gable roof looks really banal, but if it is to make asymmetrical, the appearance of the entire building at once transformed.
Asymmetric roof may have a different angle of inclination of ramps. Sometimes rays make the same angle, but different their width, if, for example, under one of the ramps is a veranda;
One of the rays can be used as a shelter
One of the ramps can be extended, and use it as a shelter. However, such a solution can only be implemented if the house is two-storey.
- Roofing Materials. Currently, there are many roofing materials, which can decorate even unremarkable roof. For example, the roof can be covered with natural tile, which is always advantageous to look, or materials that mimic it.
Because relatively inexpensive soft coatings can be isolated tiles. It exists a wide variety of colors and shapes.
Personally, I love her because she is beautiful shines and shimmers in the sun, but this applies only to high-quality coatings. However, according to its installation instruction involves the use of a continuous crate, which somewhat complicates the work.
Soft tile - the perfect decoration gable roof
- The simplicity of design. This reduces the cost. Furthermore, a simple structure can execute independently, having basic skills to work with wood;
- Versatility. Suitable for all regions, regardless of the amount of precipitation;
- It provides a home loft. If you make a large angle of inclination of ramps, turn the attic into the living room.
Any pitched roof can be decorated at the design stage viewing windows. However, this complicates the design and increases the consumption of materials.
Disadvantages. The minus is only that the form itself does not look original. But, we found out how to neutralize this disadvantage.
Hipped gable design is different from the lack of gables
Option 4: hipped
Gambrel roof is a lot like a gable. Its main feature is that it has no gables.
With this structure, gables instead performed triangular ramps. Thus obtained hipped roof.
The design of such roofs is also particularly original is no different. Therefore, to decorate the building, you need a responsible approach to the choice of roofing material.
The combination of gable and gambrel roof with a slope of the pediment
In addition, there's a trick that allows you to decorate the roof - a combined construction and hipped gable. You have the following options for the implementation of this idea:
- A small ramp on the pediment. The appearance of such a roof looks original, moreover, the construction allows the loft equip premises;
Small gables on the slopes diversify design hip design
- Skat under the pediment. In this case, the ends of the house under the ridge have a small gable, which usually are small windows.
- Uniform load distribution. Pitched roofs of this type make it possible to distribute the snow load on the walls;
- Versatility. It can be used for buildings of any size and any number of floors. Suitable for regions with abundant rainfall.
Hip truss system has a complex structure
Disadvantages: This roof has several serious disadvantages:
- The complexity of design. To independently build such a structure, you need to have some experience. The price of installation works, respectively, higher;
- Decreases effective area. Hipped roof of the house is of little use for arranging beneath the dwelling, especially if the house has a small area.
The roof can be not only a hip or gable. If the building has a complex shape, it is suitable for mnogoschiptsovaya roof, which is a combination of gable and hip designs. Such roofs generally look the most impressive, but they are complex in terms of execution.
Attic provides additional floor house
Option 5: Roof
Roof of a gable roof characterized by a polygonal trusses. Those. the lower part of the rafters is located at a large angle, close to 90 degrees, while the upper part - the flatter.
This solution enables maximum space under the roof, which is usually used as a dwelling.
Mansard roof types are inferior to the beauty of the construction described above. However, they too can be decorated - change the angle of the bottom of the rafters.
Changing the angle of the bottom of trusses radically changes the perception of a mansard roof
If you have a balcony, you can make a canopy in the form of a sloping mansard roof - is also to diversify and decorate the design. In addition, of course, do not forget about the choice of roofing material.
Canopy over the balcony mansard roof shapes do more original
- Increased space. Mansard roof of the house, in fact, it provides a full additional floor;
- The relative ease of installation. At first glance, dormer roof complex, but in reality the process of installation is quite simple.
Disadvantages. By cons include a peculiar appearance of the roof.
So all kinds of roofs, as well as the ideas of their ornaments, that I wanted to tell you.
Now you know how to decorate the house beautiful and practical roof. Additionally, check out the video in this article. If you have questions you can contact me in the comments, and I will gladly answer.