Spotlights for the filing of the roof - a simple technology of fastening elements
Table of contents
1 How to organize your workflow
- 1.1 Measurements and acquisition of all necessary
- 1.2 The working process
- 2 Output
Soffits Roof overhangs not only protect from moisture, but also to give them an attractive appearance
How is the filing of the roof soffits? How to conduct measurements, choose high-quality material and sheathing overhangs? Let us understand how to do all the work yourself and at the same time significant savings, because builders services are very expensive.
Spotlights are suitable for filing the eaves of any complexity
How to organize your workflow
All work will be divided into 2 parts:
- Measurements and acquisition of all necessary;
- Sheathing overhangs.
If you organize the work properly, the installation of soffits quickly and easily pass
Measurements and acquisition of all necessary
Let us examine how to carry out measurements:
Decide on the type of binder. Filing of the soffit of the roof can be made both on the slope plane and parallel to the ground. In the first case the elements are fixed to overhang the crate, in the second frame is constructed, and which is fastened to;
Here is the direct way of filing the soffit of the frame from the bar
It looks like filing soffit on the slope of the roof structures without frame
- Measure the length and width of the sheathed surfaces. It is important to clearly define all the dimensions and mark them down to nothing to confuse and not to miss. It is best to draw a simple sketch and mark all the parameters in the drawing to be easier to navigate in the calculations;
- Calculated finish area. If we need purchase batten area in square meters, the starting profile is considered to be in linear meters. The coupling profile is calculated along the length of all connections.
This calculation formula soffit along the length and width of the overhang
To work need the following materials:
Spotlights for filing roof. The material has a width of 300 mm and is available in three versions:
Completely deaf and completely perforated soffits not buy, it is better to choose version with partially perforated, as shown.
J-strip. Used as a guide for soffit. If you do not need to close the end of the overhang, these elements are placed on both sides.
If the outside of the need to close, there will be put the other additional elements.
|J-chamfered. It covers the frontal board and makes the structure more attractive. It is used in cases when you need to close the curtain rod.|
The bar for the frame. The cross section of the elements may be arbitrary. The main thing is that the finished design to withstand loads and does not bend under the weight of skin without problems.
Choose a dry product that the frame did not lead afterwards.
fasteners. For fastening the bar to the wooden base using self-tapping screws. If the wall is concrete, it is necessary to dowel quick installation.
Binder for roof soffits fastened with screws to press the puck, their length should not be less than 19 mm.
When choosing a batten, check its quality. This is done simply - sheet is taken in hand and bent. If the material is easy to bend, so its strength is low and it is better to look for another option.
Before you buy spotlights, check their durability and reliability, the bending element arms
For the installation of spotlights need the following tools:
- drill. If you want to fix the frame to the brick or gas concrete wall, use this tool to drill a dowel quick installation;
- screwdriver. An indispensable tool in the assembly of structures made of wood and mounting batten to the frame. Complement tool bit set;
Without screwdriver to carry out works on fastening batten impossible
- Level, measuring tape and a pencil. measuring instruments help to mark the location of bars line the elements for cutting measure. The level required in order to assemble the frame level;
Without a level to make even frame by fastening the soffit will not work
- Hacksaw with a fine tooth. It can be cut and a piece of wood, and spotlights, and additional elements. Hacksaw can be used for metal cutting it is well plastic and wooden bars small thickness;
The smaller the tooth on hacksaw, the better will be the ends of the cutting spotlights
- Ladder or scaffolding. We have to work under the roof, so choose a safe option structure. The height should be such that you can easily reach to all surfaced.
The working process
Hem eaves soffit is made in the following order:
Strengthened eaves. Everything is simple - if the roof is too long intervals, then after every 60-70 centimeters nailed bar or board.
The lower part of the elements must be exposed for subsequent plating plane.
fastens frame. On both sides to fix a board or block, and if the width of the overhang is greater than 50 cm, the additional element is added in the middle.
To enhance every 60 cm put the jumper on the photos, they are very visible.
Start profile is cut into pieces of desired size. To cut the element with your hands perfectly straight, use a miter box.
It can make the most of several boards. Cut elements very easily any hacksaw with a fine tooth.
|fixed slats. They should be placed around the perimeter of the roof space. Fixing is done to the bar by means of screws to press the puck. Fasteners is located in increments of no more than 20 cm.|
closes fascia board, if necessary. Filing cornice is made as follows:
In the course of the work, check for loose items.
Fastened joint profile. He can be located at an angle (a variant on the picture), and in a straight line.
The second option is easier to implement, but the first and looks much more attractive.
It is important to clearly and correctly marking the corners of slaughter, so as not to damage the connector, as its price is high.
Fits first element. Before you mount it, you need to put a piece of smooth and slightly push it from the end, to get a gap of 3-4 mm.
Spotlight fastened with screws through the holes on the ledge. Do not drive fasteners is very strong, not to damage the soffit.
To Install the remaining elements. Instructions for the work is simple:
Are cut and placed corner elements. Most importantly - accurately conduct measurement and cut a piece.
Better if it will be about 5-7 mm smaller, to put it was convenient.
If you do not have a connecting strap, you can use two J-profiles that are interconnected. The photo below shows just such an example.
Two J-profile perfectly replace the connecting bar for joining the soffit on the corners
Using this review as an instruction, you will be able to hem the soffit overhangs. To better understand the topic, watch the video in this article. If something is unclear - ask in the comments.