Mount - all you need to know about this simple device
Table of contents
1 Product types and recommendations on the choice
- 1.1 types of tools
- 1.2 Recommendations for choosing a
- 2 Output
Mount - a simple device used in the automotive and construction sectors
What is the mount? Let us see what are the different types and what works best for your environment. You will learn about all the species and learn how to choose a quality instrument at purchase.
Mount - an indispensable tool for dismantling works
Product types and recommendations on the choice
To begin with we shall understand, what is the mount. This is both a lever and a percussion instrument, it can be used to dismantle parts of the structure or remove the tires from the drive. The product resembles a scrap, but has a smaller size, which ensures ease of use and work in confined spaces.
L-shaped mount - the most common variant of this type of devices
One or both ends of the tool can be flattened and polished so as to obtain a spatula, which can be conveniently inserted into the slit. On one side of the blade in the slot can be done, it allows you to quickly remove the nails from wood.
Mount with a claw hammer - a very convenient solution for use in the construction industry
types of tools
The mount can have a variety of configurations. Consider the most common options:
Direct mounting. This option is most often used in the automotive field. One side is formed as a slightly bent and extended blade, and the second most frequently sharpened. There are variants in which only one side flattened.
A simple device that is often used as a lever for disassembly or lifting heavy objects.
Direct mount with a pen. It is a modern design, which for convenience on the end to get a handle made of rubber. Working side is made in the form of vanes which may have different sizes and different angle of inclination.
The presence of the handle increases the safety of use of the tool does not slip from hands and it is much easier to work with.
flat mount. This option is used in the automotive field and is popularly called montazhki.
Made of steel strips and can have different lengths.
Such a device is sold in the automobile and is ideal for disassembling tires.
Use a flat montazhku for difficult and heavy work is not worth its strength is much lower than the standard options, and you will likely bend tool.
S-shaped mount. The most popular option, characterized in convenience and versatility. One side of the device is curved in a semicircle as in the photo, and the second is made in the form of the blade and is bent at an angle of approximately 30 degrees.
At the rounded end of the slot may be to use a tool like a claw hammer.
If you want a version of "just in case", which can be removed and a window, and disassemble the wheel, then purchase this particular configuration.
L-shaped mount. Reminiscent of the above described embodiment, but unlike him, one end of a curved, not arched in a semicircle. This type of product usually has a small size (400 mm) and is used in areas with restricted access.
As seen in the picture, one side is shaped nail puller, a device of such a configuration is very convenient to remove the old nails.
L-shaped mount with a pen. Most often used as a nail puller during carpentry and similar works. But if necessary, the instrument can also be used for other purposes.
Very convenient and compact device.
titanium mount. This option, I decided to make separately, as opposed to the rest of it is made of titanium. Material provides a small tool is lightweight and has good strength characteristics.
The only downside of titanium montazhek can be considered as more value - it starts from one and a half thousand rubles.
Recommendations for choosing a
It would seem - the mount is a simple device and select it will not be difficult. Meanwhile, commercially represented lot of substandard products which bend at the first use.
That you are not mistaken, here is a simple guide, it describes all the criteria that need to pay attention to:
- Length tool. This index may vary from 30 to 85 cm. Should choose the option that is best suited for the work performed. Thus for removal of the tire on motorcycles embodiment suffice to 300 mm for vehicles - 450 mm, for removing window frames - 600 mm;
Removing the tire from the disk with your own hands is made by means of the appropriate size montazhek
- product thickness. Everything is simple: the thicker the element, so it is stronger and more reliable. But at the same time, massive weigh a lot more options and do not always have a need for high strength, and sometimes quite thin metal (e.g., flat mount driver excellent for disassembling wheels). For the manufacture of steel is used a circle diameter of 16 mm or hexagon;
If you have important strength, choose a product oval, they are much more rigid than the usual circle.
- workmanship. Determine the strength of the metal-to-face is difficult, but it is possible to evaluate the treatment of products and on this basis, to draw conclusions. Extensions at the ends must be smooth and accurately machined, on the metal surface should be free of shells, burrs and other defects. A layer of paint or plating must be uniform, without damage;
Careful product handling always indicates the high quality
- Configuration. Above we discussed all options, you need to decide what type of product is best suited for your situation and, on this basis, to select the optimal solution. Sometimes it is easier to buy two tools of different sizes to perform various tasks with maximum convenience.
If you buy montazhki for wheels, then remember that the work is carried out by means of two blades
The price depends on the instrument type and configuration, but on average ranges from 200 to 500 rubles. There are more expensive options well-known brands, but its characteristics are little different from most budget decisions.
You know, what requirements must meet the mount, and what types of devices are. Videos in this article will help you understand the topic better, and if something is unclear - ask in the comments.