Repair the mixer with their hands: Common Problems and Solutions
Table of contents
1 classification mixers
- 1.1 Shower
- 1.2 Switch on the shower
- 1.3 mounting method
- 1.4 cranes
2 Problems and solutions
- 2.1 Shower
2.2 Switch on the shower
- 2.2.1 cork lever
- 2.2.2 Lever with eccentric
- 2.2.3 button
- 2.3 eyeliner
- 2.4.1 Screw kranbuksa
- 2.4.2 ceramic kranbuksa
- 2.4.3 Cartridge
- 2.5 A special case
- 3 conclusion
What types of mixers massively exploited at the present time? That they often break? How to repair the mixer with their hands in each case? Let's try to understand.
Sound familiar? Then this article is for you.
To begin, let's find out on what grounds can we classify interest sanitary devices: it is clear that the fault list will each own design.
- Faucets for bathrooms contain important (and often going out of order) unit - switch on the shower. Besides, they are completed showerhead (usually on the flexible hose);
Mixer with showerhead and a switch.
Products for kitchen sinks and washbasins are equipped with only the shut-off and control valves
Switch on the shower
He can be:
- Lever cork. This type of switches out of production for more than 30 years ago; however, its exceptional reliability has enabled many mixers of this type to survive to the present day;
- A lever with an eccentric driving the barrel with a pair of spacers;
- Button with a metal or rubber valve on a long rod;
- Ball. Its characteristic feature - the ability to rotate the switch lever 360 degrees. This type of switch is interesting in that it has not any organically inherent drawbacks and almost eternal with careful operation.
Installation can be:
- Wall (mixer housing is held only on brass or stainless steel made eccentric collar nuts);
Wall mount mixer.
- Onboard (body shell mounted on a shelf or bath; hoses can be both rigid and flexible).
It should be clarified: on sale now mass-mixers are equipped with flexible hoses, greatly simplifying installation.
However, rigid hoses, made with galvanized, corrugated stainless steel or plastic pipes, more durable and more resistant to waterhammer.
Stop valves mixers popular models divided into two classes:
- Kranbuksy - one for hot and cold water. These in turn can be screw (threaded rod and the gasket) and ceramic - a gate in the form of two lapped plates provided with holes;
- Cartridges, allowing to adjust the temperature and the pressure of a single lever.
Single-lever sanitary devices.
We deliberately left outside the scope of our review, thermostatic and sensor sanitary devices: their repair complex enough to produce it only in a specialized service center.
Problems and solutions
Now, let's find out how get any breakage the above devices and how repair mixer looks in each case.
|Water is supplied to the minimum pressure||Watering nozzles clogged with calcium deposits or sand||Clean the nozzle needle; alternatively, the watering can be soaked for 1-2 hours in a solution of an acid or an alkali cleaning agent|
|Shower hose runs one of the nuts||It collapsed under the seal cap nut||The gasket is changed to a similar - a factory or cut from old inner tube|
|Shower hose flowing from under armor||Destroyed the rubber hose core||To remove a hose from the locking sleeve core are removed; the core is removed from the armor and replaced. The assembly takes place in reverse order|
Replacing the core of the shower hose.
By the way: plastic hoses without core are much longer than metal.
However, they are characterized by an unpleasant feature: the cold water supply plastic loses its plasticity and hose bend with a visible effort.
Switch on the shower
His only problem - the deterioration of plugs or a mixer body and flow out of the union nut. A stuffing box, this design does not provide; tightness is ensured only by lapping the plug to the housing.
The problem is eliminated as follows:
- Dismantled switch lever;
- Turns union nut and clamping ring removed;
- The plug is removed and abundantly lubricated with silicone grease - plumbing or any other. The main criterion - lubricant viscosity: it should not be washed away with water;
- The switch is going in reverse.
Maximum resilient domestic product.
Lever with eccentric
This switch three main problems:
- Destruction or wear pads. This trouble predictably eliminated their replacement. To remove the barrel with pads, you need to first remove the gander (spout mixer), unscrew the adapter to the shower and remove the eccentric;
- Breakage of the eccentric protrusion. As a rule, it is a consequence of trying to turn the wedged lever force. The cam changes to analogue; to access it enough to remove the handle and nut - Salnitsa;
Eccentric and barrel.
- Wear of the guides in the mixer housing. The problem is typical for domestic mixers release 80 - 90 years; alas, it is treated only complete replacement of plumbing fixtures.
|Does not overlap the water to the spout or shower||Between the valve seat and hit sand or slag||Several times to open and close the switch when turned on the water|
|The valve is completely or partially destroyed||Replacement of the valve; in modern mixers - replacing the entire switch|
|Water spontaneously switched to the spout at low pressure||Excessively strong return spring under the button switch||Shorten the spring for 1-2 turns|
In the photo is clearly visible return spring switch.
How does the repair kitchen faucet or appliance for the bathroom wall-mounted with the leak on eyeliner? The typical location of the leak - union nut between the eccentric and the mixer body (more precisely, the rubber gasket under it).
Flowing out from under the cap nut.
To replace the gasket must be:
- Shut off hot and cold water;
- Wrench with planted under his lips thick cloth (so as not to damage the chrome plating) Release union nuts;
- Replace both gaskets. If replace only one of them, the second is likely to flow after assembly: for cold and hot water rubber loses its elasticity with approximately the same speed;
- Tighten the nuts.
Another potential location of the leak - thread between the eccentric (so-called kosonozhkoy) and the sleeve or on podvodke area.
Flow continues, in general, and easy reeling sanitary linen with paint; but better to pre-screwed on each eccentric thin brass lock nut. Putting the mixer into the working position, and tighten the union nuts on it, you can podmotat and tighten the locknut without risk of endangering the position of the device.
In mixers with flexible hoses (for onboard installation) leaks are two reasons:
- Destruction of the core rubber hose;
- Damage to the fitting or sleeve on core threaded connection.
Both problems are solved in the same way - by replacing the two (emphasize both!) Podvodok, and hot and cold water.
Replacement of the flexible liner.
By the way: the average service life of flexible hoses - five years.
After this time, better to replace them proactively, without waiting for the leak.
How does the repair mixer tap, that can not block the water or had sprung a leak?
|Crane twists, but not completely overlaps water||Between the valve seat and hit the trash||Several times until it stops, open and close the valve|
|Worn or broken seal||Replace the gasket with a new|
|crane cranked||Stripped on the rod or the housing kranbuksy||Replace kranbuksu|
|In the open position of the tap water flows through the rod||Developed gland rubber is worn out sealing ring||Screw under Salnitsa one or two threads of the graphite gland; replace the rubber seal|
the packing screw on kranbukse.
Its failure to reduce damage to the ceramic plates - or chipping around the holes when trying to close the valve jammed dross force or a broken protuberances on the plates. In both cases kranbuksa changed completely.
The most vulnerable part of the ceramic kranbuksy - plate.
|The lever is lifted and lowered with appreciable force||Developed a silicone grease between the plates of the cartridge||Remove and disassemble the cartridge, apply silicone grease between the plates|
|The lever rotates freely, but the water does not overlap||Broken plastic latches one of the plates||Replace the cartridge|
The procedure to replace the cartridge should probably describe separately.
- Remove plastic cap under the lever and highlight flashlight screw underneath. He may have a head hexagon, Phillips or flat-head screwdriver;
- Screw apertures of the fixing lever;
- Remove the lever;
- Manually unscrew decorative chrome ring;
- An adjustable, open-end or a pipe wrench, unscrew the nut underneath;
The cartridge is available for replacement.
- Replace the cartridge;
- Assemble the mixer in reverse order.
A special case
Repair of faucets is somewhat unusual for products Damixa. At the heart of their design is the gate in the form of a sphere and pressed against it by springs, rubber seals. Over time, the rubber lime, loses its elasticity and tightness is broken - the crane begins to flow.
Repair predictably reduced to replacement of the seals; Kit, in addition to them, includes a couple of new springs.
Kit for Damixa mixer.
We hope that our paper will help readers in addressing the inevitable everyday problems. Additional thematic information can be found in the attached video. We welcome your comments and additions. Good luck!