Liquid wallpaper application technology (39 photos) - video instruction
Table of contents
1 wallpaper educational program
- 1.1 Liquid wallpaper composition
- 1.2 coating properties
- 1.3 Where to use liquid wallpaper?
- 2 Finished wall
- 3 Make a drawing on the wall
- 4 Caring for the surface
- 5 Summing up
- 6 Photo Gallery
An original way of finishing are liquid wallpaper. This type of finishing materials are very easy to use: it is easy to apply, hides all the irregularities in the substrate, does not require the use of glue, and eliminates all the difficulties with fitting webs. Thus, liquid wallpaper coating technology - video, tips and photos, all of this today in our article.
What is a liquid wallpaper? This special structure which is applied to the wall using a roller and, congealing, is transformed into the present wholemeal coating with a rough surface texture, pleasant to the touch.
wallpaper educational program
Liquid wallpaper composition
Instead of a roll, you get a bag with dry mixture, made from cotton or cellulose fibers, dyes and adhesive composition.
Enough water to dilute the content packet and the process can proceed to wallpapering.
Such compositions have a high level of adhesion to the pasted surface that permits its use even in rooms with jagged walls, defects and cracks.
Repair damaged areas made easy enough: it is necessary only to remove the coating, mixed with water, add fresh filler and apply a putty knife. After drying, the place will not differ from the previously applied wallpaper.
Variety of colors
This finishing material fills the well and the slit hides cracked surface, has high elasticity and does not shrink, unlike classical roll coating.
In addition, it allows easy enough to repair individual sites.
- special microporous structure provides excellent thermal and acoustic insulating properties;
- exhibit antistatic effect and anti-dust;
- composed of natural materials, non-toxic to humans and pets;
- They have no joints;
- easy to apply and repaired;
- can be applied to rough surfaces, cracks hide;
- do not absorb odors;
- good color fastness and resistance to fading;
- resistant to thermal effects and virtually no burn.
Unfortunately, this material has a drawback - it is easily washed off with water. On the one hand, it is an advantage when you remove the old layer of the wall, but in everyday use it can be a powerful argument for the rejection of such a finish.
To protect against external influences it is best to cover the layer of liquid wallpaper with varnish, it will keep for a long time look, as well as give an opportunity to use a damp cloth.
Where to use liquid wallpaper?
Sticker liquid wallpaper can easily replace common paper or vinyl sheet.
If you use in the kitchen is recommended to cover the surface with protective varnish to extend the service life.
The color range is quite diverse: from white to bright colors. you can make an interesting pattern on a wall nursery or kitchen with the help of such a finish.
Drawing on the wall mass
First of all, prepare the tools and materials:
- dilution tank mix;
- roller or trowel to smooth;
- a patterned roller to create a picture;
Preparing walls is not fundamentally different from the preparatory work before applying roll materials.
First of all, remove the old layer of the surface finish and clean it from dust and debris.
Shpaklyuem, remove cracks line the walls and gruntuem surface. Use alkyd primer filler and oil, it will provide the best quality of pasting the walls.
Preparing in advance a mixture engaged. The container pour the contents of the package and pour the warm water. Ingredients must infuse for 15 minutes until cooked.
Applied to the wall and a small amount of a mixture of its roller unroll in different directions. Keep between "chunks" coating had no voids or cracks.
Roller-knurling is used to create the original image.
Note! If you do not like the result, you can safely re-stick portion of the mixture. Application of liquid wallpaper layer may be repeated up to 3 times.
After the procedure, "pasting" the wall allow to fully dry composition. Depending on the brand and manufacturer, as well as the humidity and temperature in the room, it may take 2-3 days.
After drying, the mixture may be coated with varnish for its protection from mechanical damage.
Make a drawing on the wall
Drawing liquid wallpaper
- In the primed surface create drawing pencil.
- Apply colored material elements of the picture so that it extends beyond the image on a couple of millimeters.
- Rubber or plastic spatula tamp material inside contour ledges above 2 mm and smoothes align the center pattern.
- We are waiting for the complete drying of the individual elements of the picture and only then begin to make the next piece (in case of contact).
- Next fix the color of the outer contour without overlap and align with a thickness of the previous layer.
- markers or markers may be used to isolate precise contours boundaries.
Caring for the surface
Applying wallpaper brush
To preserve the finish in good as you need only time to vacuum wallpaper layer and occasionally wipe the surface with a damp cloth (if patent protection is applied).
If the damage can be repaired portion of it by removing the wall part and covering spoiled by mixing it with water. Adding some new mixture, apply makeup again.
We hope our article has been helpful to you.
That's how simple and uncomplicated sticky liquid wallpaper - the video in this article will help you understand the intricacies of the process. Best of luck in the future repair and hope that a material such as liquid wallpaper, allows you to create a truly unique interior of your apartment.