Is it possible to wallpaper paste on the wallpaper (54 photos) how to cook a variety of surfaces for gluing wallpaper?
Table of contents
1 Fibreboard: the subtleties of preparation
- 1.1 Why putty fiberboard
- 1.2 The sequence of work
- 2 Finished wall sheathed with plasterboard
- 3 If the walls are plastered
- 4 We are working with painted surfaces
- 5 findings
- 6 Photo Gallery
Wallpapering - this is one of the most common options for wall decoration. Most home masters prefer to do this work themselves, but beginners often have questions, for example, whether you can apply wallpaper to wallpaper How to prepare the drywall to the pasting or is it possible to hang wallpaper on Fiberboard.
This and much more in our article today.
Sticking with their hands
Fibreboard: the subtleties of preparation
Why putty fiberboard
Fiberboard - a sheet material, which is often used for covering the ceiling and walls of the houses built on frame technology.
Sheathing is done simply - just boards nailed to the ground. Then, the surface of plates coated with varnish or paint. Is it possible to glue on MDF wallpaper?
It is necessary to say at once that it is not recommended directly on the plate to make gluing fabrics. The fact that the gluing process is a "wet" and a material such as fiberboard easily absorbs moisture and may bend.
Removal of the old coating
The sequence of work
Before you glue the wallpaper on fiberboard have to hold a series of preparatory work.
- First, check if there are any protruding nails hats from which boards are attached. If such defects are identified, they must be eliminated by removing the protruding nail and scoring in its place a new one.
- Then, the nail heads is recommended to paint the paint. The event, before the wallpaper paste to prevent the appearance of fiberboard on the cover of rusty spots.
- The surface is then covered with soil on wood. After the primer has dried, a layer of putty is applied (e.g., Vetonit or analog). Particular care shpaklyuyut seams.
- On the seams are glued paper strip or tape-serpyanka.
- Proshpaklevat surface is polished and coated with a layer of soil again.
Some artists, when answering the question of how to apply wallpaper fiberboard, are advised not to use the filler, and conduct wrapping paper white plates (after priming), over which then pasted canvases. However, the first of the proposed methods of surface preparation is more reliable.
Finished wall sheathed with plasterboard
Drywall - a very popular material for the cladding. It is often used, producing insulation. In addition, the installation of sheets - a great way to smooth the surface.
Surface preparation of drywall is similar to the process before you begin to hang wallpaper on fiberboard. The plane will need to be primed, and then apply a layer of putty, carefully closing up joints. The finished base is ground and again coated with a layer of soil.
If the walls are plastered
Most often it is canvas glued on plaster surfaces.
The process of preparation is as follows:
- Inspect the walls, if it is found the chalk or adhesive Nabeul, it is necessary to remove the spatula.
- Identified irregularities removed sandpaper or grinding stone.
- Existing cracks extend spatula and obscure using plaster solution (3 parts chalk 1 part gypsum).
- The solution is allowed to dry and grind in the defect.
- If the entire wall surface is rough, it is applied a layer of finishing filling, pre-primed it.
- Before pasting surface primed glue diluted with water or special primers.
And whether you want to remove old wallpaper before the new stick? If the old cloth and thin stick on the walls tight, you can do without this operation. In this case, the repair can make very quickly, because the preparation of the walls to the gluing is required.
However, do not excluded and this unpleasant moment, when the old cloth, it would seem, is firmly glued to the wall, start to lift off already after the repair has been completed. In this case, in the new paintings will be bubbles and divergences in the seam. Is it worth the risk?
We are working with painted surfaces
Removal of air bubbles when pasting ceiling
Consider how the wallpaper paste to lime. If lime layer is sufficiently thin and thus never peeled, preparations are applied to soil in the wall. For this fit acrylic-based primer that is applied in 2-3 layers.
In case whitewash departs from the walls, the best solution is the complete removal of a layer of lime with a spatula. Then the room will need to be thoroughly dried, the walls a coat of finish putty and primed with acrylic primer.
If the walls are painted with oil paint, they should be thoroughly cleaned with soda to remove the top film and always primed. Glossy surface sanding is recommended that the surface has acquired the necessary roughness and also primed.
Oil paint on canvas is better to stick to the starch paste or a special adhesive.
Surface preparation for pasting - a challenge that will require time and patience. However, to ignore this part of the work or perform it should not be casually because it is sure to affect the appearance of the finish.
We hope our article has been helpful to you. In order to more accurately understand the technological and practical issues on our website provides detailed photo and video instruction, in which you will find useful information on the question.