Sticking yourself wallpaper (45 photos). Training. Especially glue and gluing process
Table of contents
- 1 Materials and tools
2 The sequence of work
- 2.1 Training
- 2.2 A bit of glue and the gluing process
- 3 Summing up
- 4 Photo Gallery
Pasting wallpaper the walls of the apartment for a man who never professionally was not engaged, will be quite a difficult task, requiring patience and meticulous. How to start a job? When we are sticking wallpaper themselves, the first and most important condition - the surface preparation.
Become more familiar with all the nuances of self adhesive wallpaper.
Materials and tools
need for pasting:
- brush with a handle, which is convenient to maintain the web;
- Brush for applying adhesive;
- rag or roller to smooth out the coating;
The sequence of work
Prepare the tools to work
- First of all, you should remove all nails from the wall surface, which will not be needed in the future to cover the holes in plaster solution.
- If the walls were covered with wallpaper, remove them. Old paper wallpaper can be easily removed by pre-wetting the surface.
- When removing vinyl webs procedure is performed in two stages: the upper part of the film is removed and transferred to the paper substrate.
- Fiberglass glued to a special composition, which can not be removed without a solvent.
For gluing dry premises imported wallpaper is better to use reinforced plaster filler, giving a flat and smooth surface.
Note! In areas with high humidity, in order to avoid delamination should apply water-resistant putty, which belong to the category of facade.
Before mounting wallpaper applied primer or cover the surface with diluted glue. This item is required if you plan to glue the "hard" wallpaper.
Before you begin gluing. check the identity of the rolls, line drawing and color.
Symbols on the roll of wallpaper
It is worth paying attention to the labeling of the characters that are on the insert.
They determine how to combine a variety of fabrics.
- Textured fabric without a pattern does not require adjustment.
- If the pattern is a regular straight fit on the drawing is not necessary, will be glued wallpaper without significant changes.
- Shifted fit suggests that each succeeding fabric is glued with a vertical offset relative to the previous material web.
- Counter sticker - pasting is inverted when each of the webs glued in a different direction with respect to the previous one. Most often it indicates the ratio of how the picture is shifted in the figures.
Cut the required number of sheets from the roll. The first cut so that after gluing small strips of land a little sign on the ceiling, it makes it easier to fit the width and allows to combine different lists.
During drying, the length will be reduced, and the rests easy to cut with a knife or conventional removed with the spatula.
A bit of glue and the gluing process
When we are sticking wallpaper themselves, make better use of the adhesive composition, which is recommended by the manufacturer of wallpaper, this will ensure the maximum quality and durability of the coating.
Select ready mixes that have not only excellent adhesive properties but also do not leave stains effectively resist mildew and easily without lumps are stirred in cold water.
Some manufacturers add wallpaper paste various impurities, allows to reduce the setting time or to improve safety performance.
Cloth laid out on the table "face" down and glue with a brush is applied evenly from inside to outside. For these purposes, it is also possible to use a roller or even a special machine, allowing to soak the entire strip with glue, not putting much effort.
After applying the adhesive fabric is left for 3-5 minutes to impregnate.
Much easier to deal with pasting together, especially in the case of fabrics with a pattern that requires adjustment. Thinner sheets are coated once with cold, denser - double warm glue.
Note! A rare case - perfectly smooth wall. Therefore, before pasting with a plumb line a vertical line which becomes the guide for the first strip.
When impregnation is applied to the first panel along a vertical wall partitioning, tightly pressed and smoothed the top of a brush having soft bristles. Smoothes the lower part of the cloth.
After drying with a knife cut off the protruding edge. Instead, the line is allowed to use a direct spatula.
Removing wrinkles in the wallpaper
If suddenly at gluing formed folds, so there was an air pocket. Finding her, off the cloth and re-apply the adhesive.
Small creases disappear when dry. Bubbles well pierced by a needle, it allows you to remove excess air from below the surface, not otkleivaya panel completely.
Ventilate the room can only after drying wallpaper. Also, pasted wall should be protected from direct sun, otherwise they may dry unevenly.
The temperature in the room must be maintained in the range +25 ° C. Then the fabric will dry slowly, and be able to avoid the above-mentioned folds and bubbles.
Now the main known and you can feel free to tell your friends, "And we sticking wallpaper themselves."
We hope our article has been helpful to you. In order to more accurately understand the technological and practical issues on our website provides detailed photo and video instruction, in which you will find useful information on the question.