Repair of furniture made of particleboard: elimination of chipping, scratches, cracks, worn surface restoration, materials and tools
Table of contents
- 1 typical damages
2 Operation "Liquidation"
- 2.1 elimination of chips
- 2.2 Removing scratches
- 2.3 Restoration of worn surfaces
- 2.4 elimination of cracks
- 3 Briefly about materials
- 4 Summing up
Furniture made of laminated chipboard has been and remains a priority purchase option for the vast majority of our population. Perhaps the main advantage is its affordable price that can be obtained using inexpensive relative to other materials (eg wood) chipboard. Thanks to the lamination surface of the plate furniture gets quite a decent appearance and good fit in almost any room design interior.
However, like any other products, such furniture are characteristic of damage during operation or transportation. Now we will look at what the damage typical for this type of furniture, how to make the restoration and repair.
typical damagesWe describe the most common cases of CPD damage that could be successfully eliminated by application of a force smaller:
elimination of chips
To repair chips in the chipboard you will need:
- retouches pen (or a suitable conventional color);
- ottenochnyj solid wax;
- voskoplavitel or lighter melting wax;
- a chisel or a trowel;
- felted fabric;
- fixing varnish-spray.
Chips on a laminated particleboard
Chips usually appear in the corners and recesses are small, light color (color DSP).
The process of eliminating consists of several stages:
- Preparatory processing cleavage. In this case, the chisel must be treated cleavage so that the edges become straight.
- Incorporation cleavage. For this hard wax is melted voskoplavitelem suitable color or lighter and cause it to flake with a small margin.
- surface leveling. After drying wax with a chisel, each plane worked carefully cut excess wax to form a clear straight corner surfaces produce light sanding felt cloth.
- Restoring texture. Subtle retouches marker is applied on the cleavage line in accordance with the general structure, each time wiping with a paper towel for easy lubrication of clear boundary lines and greater credibility.
- lacquering. For fixing the seal and to impart reduced surface gloss characteristic produce varnish-spray processing.
Very often such damage is found during repair of children's rooms. To eliminate scratches need the same tools for the repair of furniture, and for that embedding chips, but instead of hard wax is more convenient to use a soft.
How to remove scratches: the sequence of work
- Spatula transversely wax is applied to the scratch while simultaneously compacting and leveling it.
- Subtle retouches marker dorisovyvayut missing texture.
- For fixing the alignment places termination and degree of surface gloss lacquer is applied to the fixing.
Scratch on DSP
Tip! For repairing cracks can use special touch to furniture wax, if unavailable.
Restoration of worn surfaces
Abrasions, as well as scratches, often occur in the laminate due to the constant contact with the surface of the foreign object. For example, it is possible to detect them for repair in the kitchen or the hall.
Consequently, the abraded upper protective layer and a partially or fully coat of paint.
In order to remove already appeared worn, you need to do a few simple manipulations:
- Pull the finger microfibre cloth and moisten the felt-tip pen suitable color.
- Tint napkin is worn, rubbed along the surface structure arrangement.
- Apply several thin layers of fixing varnish.
elimination of cracks
Cracks in the furniture made of particleboard often appear under the influence of moisture, heat, or improper operation to the point of attachment of the cabinet doors.
To carry out the repair of furniture with his own hands, you will need:
- Clamp (adjustable fasteners);
- syringe with a needle;
- PVA glue.
- The needleless syringe (for easy and rapid penetration) gaining PVA glue and put the needle.
- Using a syringe filled with glue the entire internal volume of the crack.
- Put on a plate clamp on either side of the crack place and tightens it.
- Remove any excess glue with a napkin and left in this position for at least a day.
After drying, the adhesive element will be ready for use again.
Briefly about materials
The most commonly used hard and soft wax, retouching and special tint crayons or markers, bar furniture, PVA glue, laminating edge.
Soft solid wax differs from that in its original form it is ready to use (it is not necessary melt), but it is applicable only on those surfaces that are not susceptible to mechanical impacts.
Soft wax to use more convenient and solid - more reliable.
Barcode use putty for small damage (scratches, small chips, scuffs). It needs to be applied to the surface, to give a little dry, then polish with felt cloth.
Laminating glue on edges worn end face plate, after removing the old edge and ground.
Edge is applied to the face and extend it hot iron, making it sticks.
We hope our article has been helpful to you. In order to more accurately understand the technological and practical issues on our website provides detailed photo and video instruction, in which you will find useful information on the question.