Design of curtains for the bedroom (48 photos) selection criteria for the structure, materials and colors
Table of contents
- 1 General requirements for the curtain
2 selection criteria
- 2.1 The structure of the curtain
- 2.2 choose material
- 2.3 The color scheme of the curtains
- 3 conclusion
- 4 Photo Gallery
design curtains for the bedroom is no less important than the design of the walls and the selection of suitable furniture. And there are no trifles, because to buy textiles should be treated very seriously, analyzing all the nuances and examining all available information.
In this article we will explain what requirements must comply with the curtains in the bedroom as well as a number of recommendations on the selection of tissue products for different situations and interiors.
Our comfort depends on correct selection of textiles
General requirements for the curtain
Bedroom - it's quite a specific room. On the one hand, in it we spend about a third of the day, on the other hand - almost all of this time we do not pay any attention to the finish or the decor, nor on what we have curtains on the window.
And yet, the planning design of curtains for the bedroom, it is necessary to take into account a number of nuances - as practice shows (as well as all the modern research on the psychology of perception), namely on the situation and the quality of our color range depends largely recreation.
Thick curtains need to protect the room from the street light
So, what should be the curtain:
- The first requirement - high-quality light-blocking. To ensure a comfortable sleep is highly desirable that the light from the windows either do not penetrate into the room, or was the most muted. It is for this reason that at least one layer of curtains should be made of a sufficiently dense material.
In this case, the curtains should be easy to move apart, which will ensure a flow of natural light in the daytime.
At night you should use a small bedside lamp.
- Good sound insulation will also be a plus. With this task well cope multilayer structure, as well as curtains of heavy and dense material such as velvet. The quieter will be in the bedroom, the better you sleep enough!
- It is desirable that the material from which made drapes and curtains, air-permeable. Even the closed window provides little ventilation, and therefore you should not deprive yourself of a small portion of oxygen. Well, if a window is installed vent or you sleep by setting the flap in the ventilation mode, the curtains are simply obliged to "breathe."
- Finally, you need to pay attention to such parameter as hypoallergenic. Basically, it all depends on the characteristics of your body, but it should give preference to natural fabrics - yes, they are more expensive, but the allergy cause unlike less.
design curtains for the bedroom should be in harmony with the finish
Naturally, this list of requirements is not limited. design curtains and curtains in the bedroom should be in harmony with the decoration of the space and fit in Interior decoration in general - but still look curtains prioritized slightly inferior to them functionality.
The structure of the curtain
If the general selection criteria is more or less clear, try to figure out how to make the design of curtains for the bedroom best, but the room itself - nice and cozy.
You should begin with a tour of the window:
Design of curtains and curtains for a small window
- if the window is relatively small, the curtains can be hung directly above him. So we will have quite a vast space of the walls, and the room will look more spacious;
- in the case of a large window curtains for the bedroom design provides for installation of the cornice on the ceiling, and its length should be selected in such a way that the curtains closed the entire wall. This option is ideal for small and cozy bedrooms.
As for the curtain structure, it is possible to implement the following options:
- The most popular is the two-layer arrangement - thick curtains pole translucent curtains or tulle. This solution provides maximum functionality: the curtains at night to protect the bedroom from the street light in While the day as a filter on the path of direct sunlight appear translucent thin curtains.
Universal solution: tulle curtains and two on the sides
- Three-layer version with drapes, curtains and lambrequins no different from the previous design in functionality, but in some cases may be more attractive. Pelmet attached to the completed structure as an integral part a large window in the interior of the room.
Pelmets are almost a mandatory element of the classical style.
In all other cases, the design of curtains for the bedroom can be more concise.
- One layer in the form of curtains or curtains tulle valid only if the adjustment light smokers performed using shutters or blinds. Violate this rule is not worth it - no matter how relevant was the design organza curtains, they will not be able to provide sufficient comfort.
+ + Curtains curtains pelmet
- Also, the single-layer design of curtains for the bedroom let in the design of a berth in the country. Since most of the time we spend away from home, then we will be sufficiently dense curtains that protect us from the world.
Choose to give the product solely of natural materials - they are more breathable, because sleeping with the window open will be much nicer.
Having defined the structure, go to the selection of material. Any raw materials have both advantages and disadvantages, so you have to set the priorities of their own.
Curtains design for questioning involves the use of natural fabrics and linen will be quite appropriate
For this purpose it is convenient to use the following table:
Thick velvet curtains blocking light fine
No universal solution here, but all the same specialists who develop design curtains for the bedroom on the professional basis, it is recommended to give preference to natural fabrics, using synthetics only as an auxiliary material.
The color scheme of the curtains
design curtains made of linen cotton, organza, silk and any other tissue is determined primarily by colors.
It all depends on the overall style decision homes or apartments, but still a few tips, you can bring:
- For small rooms is better to choose light curtains, as they are visually "pushing space" and increase the area of the room. Bedroom with a milky-white or beige curtains will never look too closely.
- This task as well cope pastel drapes and curtains of undyed cotton or flax.
Light colors for small spaces
- Dark shades are appropriate in a fairly spacious rooms. Such a design curtains for the bedroom will allow us to make a visual focus on the window, thus underlining the beauty draperies - hence, here you have to install a complex two- or three-layer design.
- Window room facing south or east, it is better to decorate textiles cool colors - blue, blue turquoise, etc. The northern and western bedroom, on the contrary, look better in peach, pink or orange colors.
design curtains for the bedroom a large area: the dark curtains create the desired contrast
- With a picture you have to be very careful. Classic interior tends to use monochromatic textile or non-contrast curtains with floral ornaments. But the bedroom in a modern style can be decorated with white curtains, which will be shown bright and large geometric shapes.
- Bands - another picture that would be relevant to just about anywhere. Just remember that a vertical stripe visually lifts the ceiling, while the horizontal - space expands, but makes it a little later.
Vertical stripes make the ceiling visually higher
Of course, the first thing you need to focus, choosing the curtains for your bedroom - it's your own sense of style and artistic taste. However, the recommendations of professionals should not be neglected.
Following the advice given above, and illustrated in the article, you will be able to develop a design curtains Bedroom in a private home or a standard apartment with all the subtleties that clearly will benefit your rest. Still have questions? Ask them in the comments.