Plasterboard is a very popular material for repairs, and eventually its popularity is growing. However, the installation of gypsum boards is often accompanied by additional difficulties and high material costs associated with working with the metal profile. To solve this problem special glue is called.
- adhesive GKL: scope
- optimal adhesive for plasterboard: what to choose
- How to make glue for plasterboard with their hands
- How to choose the glue for plasterboard( video)
Glue for GCR: Applications
Adhesive used for fixing gypsum boards is not a highly specialized material.
It can perform some other tasks:
- Installation of GCR;
- Fastening of a heater from mineral cotton wool and combined gypsum panels;
- Working with expanded polystyrene;
- Installation of slabs;
- Masonry of decorative tiles;
- Decorative work with products from gypsum, for example stucco.
use of such multifunctional solution allows not worry about the quality and durability of the adhesive coupler made using furnish GCR.
But you need to understand that glue is effective only when installing gypsum board on a concrete, brick or aerated concrete base.
In addition, the surface though and should not be perfectly flat, but nevertheless the deviation from the level of the entire height of the wall must not be more than 3 cm. If the wall is more bumpy, then you should try its level a little, and after that try to stickOn it sheets of plasterboard. And for better coupling of materials, the base must first be cleaned of dust, primed and dried.
optimal adhesive for plasterboard: what to choose
for GKL glue should be selected based on the type of room, grounds, experienced craftsmen who are with him will work, and, of course, the material means.
At the moment, there are several options for the most common adhesive for plasterboard:
- Knauf Perlfix. Any professional is familiar with this brand, the composition has a high moisture resistance, and therefore is ideal for a bathroom or kitchen.
- Polyurethane adhesive. Well suited for working with GCR, economically consumed, but requires the purchase of a special gun for its correct application.
- Gypsum adhesive Wolme. Perfectly suitable for use in rooms with high humidity, in addition, the mixture perfectly protects against the effects of microorganisms.
- Fugenfuller. In fact, it is a putty, which has a wide range of applications, the ideal use of this tool when fixing tiles on plasterboard.
- Silicone adhesive. It is also called a sealant and is used primarily for the processing of crevices and joints in order to protect the penetration of moisture, it is excellent for gluing wallpaper and light GCR.
- Ceresite. This mounting glue is also perfect, although it is intended, originally for tiles.
When purchasing a glue mixture it is necessary to check its expiry date and when applying it it is absolutely necessary to follow the instructions, since the adhesive can be applied both pointwise and with a continuous layer.
All mixtures are suitable for specific types of rooms, have different consumption and drying time, so you need to consider such data when choosing the best option.
Quality adhesive for plasterboard Knauf
German trademark Knauf has long occupied a firm place in the market of construction materials, experts take into account the reputation of the company and the quality of its products, and therefore often give preference to construction mixtures of this particular manufacturer.
It should be noted a few key points that indicate that the manufacturer can trust indeed:
- Knauf produces not only adhesive, but they themselves sheets of drywall, and therefore knows very well what qualities should have an adhesive solution;
- if repair work is always better to give preference to the different materials of the same manufacturer, but Knauf mixture excellent job with another firm GCR production;
- Knauf offers a warranty on its products when properly stored and operated;
- The short shelf life of the mixture( only about half a year) allows customers to always work with fresh quality solution.
Given these facts, it is possible to rightly put the products of this trademark on one of the first places in terms of quality and reliability. A serious German company offers serious products for repair.
However, the manufacturer can not vouch for its goods, the expiration date and storage conditions of which have been violated, so these data need to be checked in the store before the purchase.
best adhesive for drywall Perlfiks
In the above list, just the two mixtures, and Perlfiks Fugenfuller, produced a trademark of Knauf. However, Perlix is the ideal option for mounting GCR.
- adhesive may be used at a temperature from +5 to +30 Co;
- The most reliable option for fixing the panels is a layer of adhesive 2 cm thick;
- Has high moisture resistance, and therefore is available for use in the bathroom, on the balcony or in the kitchen;
- After preparation and solution from the dry mixture it must be used within half an hour;
- The adhesive completely cures after a week after application in normal room conditions without temperature fluctuations and drafts;
- Shelf life of the dry mix in a closed package is six months;
- The flow rate is 5 kg / m2;
- The mixture is completely ready for use and requires only dilution with water;
- The composition is completely safe for health.
With proper preparation and use of the adhesive, the result obtained after repair will be permanently retained in its original condition.
Due to its good performance and ease of use, the glue Knauf Perlfiks is currently the most common means for bonding plasterboard panels. In addition, the mixture has a fairly attractive price, which allows you to install GCR with it 4 times cheaper than using metal profiles.
How to make glue for plasterboard with their hands
Preparation of adhesive solution for plasterboard with their hands is not usually a difficulty if you follow the instructions.
usually simply buy ready-made dry mix in the store, and then mix it with water as follows:
- Take an empty bucket and fill it with clean water a third;
- Pour the mixture into the bucket to make a slide;
- With the help of a construction mixer with a nozzle, mix the resulting mass at the lowest speed;
- Check the consistency of the resulting solution and, if it differs from thick sour cream, add either water or a dry mixture and again stir thoroughly;
- Allow the mass to stand for 5 minutes;
- Again mix the solution with a mixer and you can start working.
If the instruction for preparing the solution on the label differs from the steps described above, then proceed according to the instructions.
A properly prepared solution is usually suitable for use within 30-40 minutes after its manufacture, then the mixture thickens and can no longer be used without significant deterioration of its characteristics.
It is necessary to take into account that the mixture must be poured into the water, and not water poured into the mixture, otherwise the resulting mass will be lumps and it will not be suitable for repair.
How to choose glue for gypsum board( video)
It is not difficult to paste drywall yourself, it's important to choose the right one, depending on the type of the room being repaired and prepare the adhesive mixture, according to the instructions. And you always need to remember that high-quality building materials are the key to beautiful repairs.