Now that virtually any item manufactured machines, manual work enjoys special excitement. One of the most popular directions of hand-made creativity is cross-stitch embroidery. With the help of such art, you can make absolutely any thing unique, from a kitchen towel to wardrobe items. However, some of the works are so voluminous that they can take a lot of time, so the embroidery masters, in order to facilitate their work, invented the method of parking.
- What is the parking method in cross stitch
- rules and tips for beginners cross stitch parking
- Square parking in cross stitch
- Cross Stitch: Parking equipment rows
- parking method in cross stitch(video)
What is the parking method in cross stitch
Inserting a cross - it is quite simple, but it requires patience to do. However, if you need to embroider a multi-colored picture of a large size, then without a carefully thought-out plan, you can spend a lot of time and get sloppy work. To avoid this, we suggest studying the parking technique.
The meaning of this technique is that first you embroider a certain area of work with the threads of all the necessary colors, and only after one place is completely ready, you can move on to another. Thus, the threads do not get tangled, and the picture turns out to be accurate not only from the front side, but also from the inside.
When all the crosses on the site are embroidered in one color thread is displayed on the next place and the park, that is twisted around its needle stuck on the front side, There. Next, take a thread with a new needle of a different color and so on, until the entire section is completely filled with a pattern.
masters normally used, this method is embroidered separately each cross, but if the color you embroider takes a big line, it is possible to use embroidery and rows.
At first glance, it may seem that this method is very difficult for beginners, and to learn it, you need to take lessons from professional embroiderers, but in fact, even a brief master class, as well as some rules and secrets will help you. With their help, embroider large paintings according to the scheme, will become possible even for beginners.
rules and tips for beginners cross stitch parking
to the parking method is not complicated, but on the contrary, facilitate your work, you need to know a few rules and secrets of this embroidery. Observance of our advice will help you better understand the essence of this method.
How to work with the parking method:
- Embroidering this method, attach your work to the vertical plane, Less confusing;
- For the entire embroidery, park the threads in the same place, for example, if you chose the method of parking with squares, leave the threads in the right or left upper corner of the new square;
- If you are embroidering according to the scheme, paint over the embroidered areas;
- You can use a separate needle for each color, or, having parked one thread, pull a needle out of it and use it for another thread;
- If a new color appears in the next section, start embroidering them only after all previously parked colors have been worked out.
Running this list of rules and tips will allow you to maximize the use of parking. They may seem insignificant, but their non-fulfillment will invalidate all the positive aspects of the parking method.
Square parking in an embroidery cross
There are several types of embroidery in the parking technique. There are only three of them. Each of the ways is good in its own way, but most masters choose the method of square parking.
Parking by squares, two options:
- Embroidering plots, From the top down, start from the upper left corner of the first element of the square. Embroider all the crosses of the same color in the first row of the square. Park the thread in the upper-left corner of the desired element of the next square. Now take a thread of a new color, slide it into the first on the top and on the left a square of its hue and start working on the same principle. When all the colors of the square are embroidered, you can go to the next section.
- You can also embroider the left on the right. In this case, you park the thread in the upper left corner of the first element of the square and gradually lower the thread down the first row, then embroider this element with all the elements of its color in the next vertical row. Use threads of all colors. Thus, the next square 10 by 10 will be located to the right of the previous one.
Cross-stitch: parking technique in rows
Parking in rows, more often used by more professional craftsmen, because not to get confused in a large number of threads, you need experience. Especially suitable this technique will be for global works, with not so many colors.
. If there are more than 6 crosses of other colors in the row between the crosses of the same color, start a new thread of the same color.
The meaning of this variant of parking is that the canvas is divided not into squares, but into rows.
Method of parking in cross-stitch( video)
The parking method was invented by needlewomen to facilitate embroidery of large-scale multi-colored works. If you first hear about this method, then try it and you will understand how convenient the parking is.