A multicolored or monochrome composition on the fabric requires the wizard to select the thread for embroidering with a cross. This is done taking into account several interrelated factors. The density of the substrate( canvas) and the total required thread density per unit area are taken into account. The aesthetic factor closes this list. For the implementation of some projects, threads with certain properties are required.
- The correct selection of threads for the work
- Tips on how to calculate the number of threads for cross stitching
- Optimal thread consumption for cross-stitching: tips for beginners
- Cross-stitch: thread storage rules
- Thread overview for(Video)
The correct selection of threads for the work of
The most common type of thread for embroidering a cross is cotton floss. The material is characterized by increased strength for wear and tear. Regardless of the color, the thread on the counter is in the form of skeins( pastern).
The average length of one pass varies from 7 to 10 cm. Much depends on the parameters selected by the particular manufacturer.
Regardless of which brand is attractive to a potential buyer, it can always count on the following performance characteristics:
- Over time, even embroidered with gold threads canvas does not fade;
- Wear resistance of the material gives 6 thin threads, united in a common structure;
- Material does not shed;
- Withstands prolonged washing in hot water.
can be used. The use of such threads is due to their physical characteristics. In second place are woolen threads, characterized by volume. Take them is recommended only in case of working with a dense canvas. In order to simplify the procedure of selection, the threads received certain numbers. The bigger it is, the denser the base for cross stitching is needed.
The main direction for the application - the creation of pillows, carpets and tapestries. Initially, it may seem that wool is not the easiest material for work. In order to make sure the opposite, you can see a thematic video review or visit the master class.
Tips on how to calculate the number of threads for cross stitching
If everything is relatively simple with woolen and cotton threads, then it is more difficult to calculate the required amount of material when it comes to acrylic threads. Cotton and woolen threads are sold in pamas, from which the required quantity is extracted. In this case, the length can be selected in the store at the time of purchase. The minimum threshold is 5, and the maximum is 100 cm.
When working with this material, there are some features that are better to consider before embroidery:
- To avoid frequent breaks of the thread, it is necessary to avoid using too long woolen pasterns;
- The beginner is advised to pay attention to lengths from 25 to 35 cm;
- Bole experienced craftsmen need to take yarns, the length of which varies from 50 to 85 cm.
The most difficult is the selection of threads for work with tapestries andPillows. In addition to the correctly selected scheme, taking into account the density of the material and the degree of saturation of the canvas with color spots, it is necessary to calculate the total number of threads required. It is quite difficult to do this, but it is still possible. More or less accurate flow for embroideries allows you to get a specific thread count.
Acrylic, like wool, threads are characterized by saturation. In most cases, the needle from the first time forms the necessary contour.
If we are talking about a finer contour, for example, the emblem of the club Zenith, then in this case for each stitch it is necessary to have 2 to 3 cotton threads. Their brand does not matter.
Optimal thread consumption for cross stitching: tips for beginners
A beginner needlewoman does not always know how much material is needed to embroider the desired pattern. Hurry with the purchase is not worth it, because the money to return for not in demand thread will not work. It starts with the number of colors. Monochrome pictures require less material. The work is performed by black and other similar shades.
For example, a rich boxing detail or a graceful girl in the bosom of nature will require 20 to 25 pasas. Here everything depends on the required degree of detail. First, it is worth buying a small number of threads and, if necessary, buying more
Other recommendations related to consumption are as follows:
- Cotton is not only thin, but also economical. It is enough to buy one or two sands for a small work.
- Silk passages - require the greatest expense per unit area. Not less than 3-8 pax.
Cross stitch: thread rules
The easiest way is to store threads in ready-made sets, for example, the Kraft series allows you to quickly find in the box the tool or color you need. If the threads were purchased separately, then their storage must be organized independently.
is an excellent option. In order to correctly choose which type of storage to store, one should remember simple rules:
- Using melange threads is not frequent, So the organizer for them takes the far corner;
- Fans of detailed paintings, the creation of which involves a large number of colors, use set 1047, where everything is already decomposed;
- Dense types and thin are not mixed;
- If you often use the technique of a thread, the main thread and the binder thread are stored side by side.
Overview of thread for embroidering with a cross( video)
The speed of performance and the durability of the composition depend on the quality of the material used to create the desired composition. The density and type of the thread is chosen taking into account the color and physical parameters of the work. If the master has any difficulties, then you just need to familiarize yourself with the physical parameters of the material. Based on the information indicated there, the threads are selected.