Even professionals need needlework canvas for embroidery cross. It helps to determine the type of threads and their number, to accurately choose the size of the future work and a number of other important parameters. That is why her choice takes a lot of time, because in fact the canvas for embroidery is the basis of all work. A correctly selected count will ensure the integrity of the work.
- Types canvas for embroidery cross: analyze and compare
- Special subspecies canvas
- As cross stitching on canvas: Tips for beginners
- How to wash cross stitch on the canvas: What you need to remember
- Ascross stitching on canvas( video)
- Examples canvas for cross-stitch( photo)
types canvas for embroidery cross: analyze and compare
Universal kinds of canvas does not happen, so you should not relyOn the beautiful promises of sellers. Depending on the characteristics of future work, the basis is correctly chosen. Opens the list of Aida - it is used in most cases when it comes to even embroidery on a fabric. It is produced only from natural cotton with weaving in a 4x4 thread format.
Depending on the weave size secrete several kinds Aida: 27h10 cm 44h10 cm 55h10 cm 62h10 cm 72h10 cm, 79 cells per 10 cm
in addition, you can embroider a cross on these types of canvas:
- evenly woven - used by those who already have sufficient experience in the field of handicraft. In the absence of a clear division, work with a large number of unshielded backgrounds look impressive. The following types are distinguished: Ariosa( uniform weaving), the Murano bill( characterized by a mixed composition);
- The country is used for the production of carpets and tapestries. It has an elevated level of rigidity. The use of a red or other bright thread passes without restrictions. The fibers are characterized by tensile strength. Less often, strumin is used in Greece and a number of other countries to create rugs, bags and pillows;
- Flax is a material characterized by increased strength. It is easy to wash and use to create compositions with a lot of details. You can use flax with a weave of 18, 25, 32, 36 or 40 threads per inch, as evidenced by the number. The technique of using a material with a density of 18 filaments / inch is mostly white.
Beginners are encouraged to choose a model with a strength level of 25/10 or 28/10 threads per inch. In this case it is allowed to use from 2 to 3 thread colors: blue and yellow;
Special subspecies of the canvas
The mixed type of fabric - by its external features it is attributed to flax, which is deeply mistaken. The truth is helped by the nearest examination. Its first version, Flooba, is better, since it has threads from 14 to 25. Due to these parameters, it is used for the production of napkins.
In addition to this, the Quaker model is distinguished, characterized by 112 threads for every 10 cm of area. Among its obvious advantages - a wide range of colors. For example, it is recommended to choose it when a color composition is planned. There are no restrictions on the choice of color.
Plastic canvas is a separate category. The use of plastic structure is justified when it is necessary to create 3D embroidery. A large or small composition will look natural. Due to its properties, it is better to apply it for Christmas decorations and souvenirs.
addition, emit several types of canvas:
- Waybill( deleted);
- With printed pattern;
- Canvas tape - has a width of up to 8 cm and pre-machined edges.
How to embroider a cross on the canvas: tips for beginners
In order for magic to become a reality, it is necessary to carry out preparatory work. Beginners can download the schemas of interest to them free of charge. If there are not even approximate ideas, then it will lead to the idea of viewing finished projects photos. Once the sketch is approved, you can start work. If you have not done this before, then it's recommended to watch a thematic video.
Performing simple recommendations while drawing the drawing will help avoid many problems:
- Necessary materials;
- Match the required colors;
- Embroidery starts from the middle of the composition;
- Secures the thread using intersecting nodules;
- You can embroider any pattern, but the excessive number of colors makes the figure convex.
How to erase an embroidery with a cross on a canvas: what to remember
For beginners it will be useful to learn about the ways of caring for a finished work. Micro contamination, dust, villi, stains and other dirt should be quickly removed from the surface. To ensure that the nodules with which the drawing is applied are not unraveled, it is necessary to fix them before the beginning of the water procedures. Especially fragile types of canvas require careful handling. It is necessary to fix the edges with a sewing machine so that the applied composition is not damaged.
Determine which wash to choose will help the type of contamination. For example, a little washing under running water will help lightly refresh the picture. Too much pressure should not be, otherwise it will only help increase the area of contamination.
There are a number of other tips:
- Only liquid hand cleaners are allowed;
- Soda is used to remove traces of mold;
- From the traces of cosmetics will help get rid of alcohol.
How to embroider a cross on the canvas( video)
Correctly selected canvas is used for embroidering compositions of varying degrees of complexity. When choosing it, you must proceed from the form of the craft, its size and the desired number of colors. If at any of the stages there are questions, it is better to consult for ready-made schemes. The sooner this is done, the fewer mistakes will be made in the work. Examples