The patchwork technique, called patchwork, is popular all over the world. Initially, this type of needlework was used to reuse unnecessary tissues. Nowadays patchwork is a whole art direction. With the use of this technique, bags, teapots for the kettle, covers, garlands, pillows and even some garments are made.
- Patchwork: ideas for inspiration and style features
- New in patchwork style
- Ideas for bags in patchwork style( video)
- New ideas for counterfeiting in patchwork style
- Patchwork in interiorChildren's
- Original ideas for accessories in the patchwork technique( video)
- Patchwork ideas( photo)
Patchwork: ideas for inspiration and style features
The patchwork style has recently been often used most fromestno designers. Modern technology has become widespread in the decoration of furniture. Cloths made with this technique can be used to pull the old sofa.
Even the walls in the apartment can be decorated using a patchwork technique. Such an interior will look very original and cheerful. The main thing is not to overdo it, otherwise the room will look catchy and tasteless.
. Also this technique can be used for:
- Pillows. If you want a dramatic change in the bedroom, then make a patchwork cloth, and sew a pillow with it.
- Covers for notepad. Such a product can become a wonderful gift, and give a person a sea of positive emotions.
- Manufacture of handbags or cosmetic bags.
New in the style of patchwork
Interesting novelties in quilting and patchwork I never get tired of delighting my fans. The latest fashion trend was the decoration of the dwelling with the help of patches in the Japanese style. Such things are usually decorated with fringe or brushes. For the basis of products made in the Japanese style, they took silk.
The Sashiko technique became a Japanese-style business card. For a long time it was used only for making thick blankets and outerwear. However, designers have noticed that this technique is perfect for making patchwork fakes.
If you are a fan of newfangled gizmos, you'll be fine with a patchwork bag. To make it, take a cut of gray fabric, lining material, fleece, sintepon, hammer and millimeter paper. You will also need a sewing machine.
The bag making process is as follows:
- First you need to draw a pattern. To do this, transfer the part of the bag to the millimeter paper. Think carefully about the design of the product.
- Divide the part into 4 equal blocks. The size of each should be 75x75 mm. In one block you need to draw a future pattern. To make it, you will need scraps of fabrics of different colors. The width of each piece should not be more than 25 mm.
- Connect all strips in pairs.
- Then cut the workpiece. As a result, you should get a shred of rectangular configuration with a size of 40x25 mm.
- Connect each rectangle in pairs. Make the edging of the part with the help of strips of brown fabric the border of each rectangle.
- Next, unfold the fabric that you will use for the background, on equal-sized triangles.
- Attach the decorative elements to the background fabric.
- Combine the details of the pattern with adhesive tape.
- Sew a patterned insert in the part.
- Transfer the pattern item onto the fabric. Do not forget to leave a small allowance.
- Combine the backing, glued fleece, sintepon and base fabric.
- Make a bag with a stitch using stitches.
- From the main fabric, cut two strips, the dimensions of each 130 by 450 mm. Between the stripes sew a snake for the lock.
- Open two more strips from the base fabric. Their size should be 35 by 120 mm. Put a sintepon in the pattern and sew it.
- Next, look at the pattern of the side of the bag. To do this, make three-dimensional rollers, which will be next to the buckle, and sweep the "ears" to them.
- From the base fabric, open another strip of 40 by 1300 mm. It will serve as a strap for the future bag.
- Cut the parts of the bag, and sew a fringing strip to the workpiece.
- Sew the handles to the bag.
- All the details are struck. Trim excess fabric.
Ideas for bags in patchwork style( video)
New ideas for forgery in patchwork style
Products made in patchwork style can be an excellent addition to the New Year's interior of the dwelling. For example, you can make a ball to decorate the tree. To make it you will need a bead-base, pieces of velvet of different colors, golden wire, a knife, a marker, a long needle, scissors.
The best way is to take a ball made of foam. If you do not want to manufacture the item yourself, purchase a ball on the basis of a floral oasis in a special store.
can take part. The toy manufacturing algorithm is as follows:
- First, use a needle to make a through hole in the ball. Puncture should be done strictly in the middle of the product.
- Draw a picture with a needle. The composition can be arbitrary, and will be limited only by your imagination.
- Next, you need to make incisions with a clerical knife. The length of the incision should not be more than 1 centimeter.
- Then from each piece of fabric cut out the workpiece. Its shape and dimensions will be determined based on the pattern you selected. It should be noted that at the time of cutting, leave approximately 5 mm for the allowances.
- Gently push a piece of cloth into the notch on the ball. Repeat this procedure until you completely cover the surface of the ball.
- Insert the golden cord into the needle, tie a knot from one side and puncture the ball. Then tie the cord.
You can decorate your home with pillows made in patchwork style. You can also make a stand for a tree or a garland. Everything will be limited only by your imagination.
Patchwork in the interior of the nursery
The interior of the nursery can be varied with various products made in patchwork style. A good design solution can be the curtains produced by this technology.
For the sewing of curtains, it is best to use cotton fabrics or silk. Before you start, it is desirable to iron the fabric to avoid shrinkage. You can also starch the canvas.
The curtains are manufactured in the following order:
- Measure the dimensions of your window opening.
- Next cut out the remnants of the fabric blank rectangular or square configuration. When choosing the size of the shreds, be guided by the height and width of the window opening.
- Next, attach two shreds to the front of each other, and drain them with a straight seam.
- Iron the stitches, and sew other scraps in the same way.
- Cut excess fabric around the edges.
- Process the edges of the curtains.
- Attach the curtains to the cornice. If you are using Velcro fastening, sew part of the sticky element to the top of the curtains.
If you want to complement the interior of the nursery you can use a blanket or toys made with this technology.
Original ideas for accessories in patchwork technique( video)
Patchwork is a unique kind of needlework. With this technology, you can create interesting decorations for your interior and even upholstery for furniture. For the production of a particular household item, you can use scraps of any fabric. To make any forgery with the help of patchwork sewing can even beginner, because this kind of needlework is simple.