Planting plants for winter has many advantages. For example, you can enjoy fresh vegetables all year round or get an early harvest of your favorite foods. But such growing requires a heated greenhouse and special care.
- How to build a greenhouse for winter growing crops
- Main rules: how to plant plants in the greenhouse for the winter
- What to plant in the greenhouse for the winter: popular crops
- Care for planting vegetables for the winter in the greenhouse
- Growing garlic in winter in a greenhouse
- Growing greenery in a winter greenhouse( video)
How to build a greenhouse for winter growing crops
You can build a crop year-round for harvestingnickname for winter cultivation. Each construction must begin with a plan. First you need to draw a drawing. You need to know where everything will be located and take into account a lot of other nuances.
Technology of construction of a winter greenhouse:
- Drawing up a project. It is necessary to determine in advance the location of crops in the greenhouse, the size of the walls, the type of heating. We also need to determine the materials of the construction.
- Foundation installation. A great role in this play selected materials for construction, but in any case, the foundation must be strong.
- Heating connection. Such a measure is simply necessary in a greenhouse for the winter, because plants need heat.
- Constructions of a skeleton.
- Wall installation. This operation depends on the selected material.
The filling of the foundation depends on the size of the structure and the required depth and height parameters for heating the greenhouse. The very connection of heating is a laborious process. There are several types of heating for greenhouses, you can choose the best option for any design.
Types of heating :
- Heating with a pair. The design includes a boiler and pipes. They are located along the walls, which is very convenient for installation.
- Electrical system. You can install air fans, cable version or electromagnets, which allows you to heat the ground from the bottom. Such heating is more complicated, but much more efficient.
- Use of biofuel. A risky option is sufficient, which includes the laying of organic approvals in the ground that give off heat in the process of decomposition. To do this, apply straw and manure.
When purchasing a plastic or metal frame, a detailed installation instruction is attached to the structure to properly perform the work. The wooden base is ecological, but not durable. For the walls of the winter greenhouse use glass or polycarbonate.
Main rules: how to plant plants in the greenhouse for the winter
Suspension of the landing includes a series of measures to plant seeds in the ground in late autumn. The temperature of the soil should be 2-3 degrees. Depending on the weather conditions, winter landing is carried out in October or in November.
Steps of landing landing legs :
- Preparation of the seeding site.
- Seeding of seeds. It begins when the soil reaches a temperature of 2-3 degrees.
- The last step is to cover the planting with mulch material and polyethylene. In the spring, the film is removed.
Soil must be with normal pH, soft, loose, moderately humid, protected from wind. Ground should be dug up, rid of weeds and larvae of pests. Also the land needs to be fertilized. This will help the solution of ash and lime.
If the soil temperature is above 2-3 degrees, premature germination of the plants may occur. Because of this, they will not survive the winter, they will simply freeze.
The seeds themselves need to be coated. This process includes their special treatment with microfertilizers, mullein and heteroauxin. So the seed will have a stronger protective shell. It is also necessary to separate the seeds with a sieve. So weed out small seeds and increase possible shoots.
What to plant in a greenhouse for the winter: popular crops
Many are interested in the question of which plants to plant for the winter. The choice is wide enough, but each culture has its own characteristics. Most often for the winter can plant vegetables and greens. These are always necessary products.
Ideas which crops can be planted for the winter :
- Parsley, basil;
- Crops of spinach, dill, arugula;
- Resistant to cold radish and beet;
- Inoculation of onion and garlic;
- Cultivation of early potatoes;
- Dilution of cilantro;
- You can sow zucchini.
Often, some types of flowers may be sown for the winter. Choose persistent ornamental and medicinal plants. These include cornflowers, calendula, petunia. You can tackle calla, which are quite popular colors at weddings.
Can also plant some trees and bushes. Because of the state of suspended animation during cold weather, the seedlings get fewer injuries and get better. Among the trees for the winter can be planted with fir, pine, ashberry, birch, maple, poplar.
Adult seedlings that are older than a year are selected for winter planting.
Among the bushes produce cultivation of currants and gooseberries. Over the winter, the bushes have a powerful root system, and they are better sucked in the open ground. Rose bushes and hawthorn can also grow, which they plant in September before the onset of cold weather. It is also possible to plant berries in a greenhouse. An early strawberry will please many.
Care for planting vegetables for the winter in a greenhouse
Growing tomatoes for the winter starts at the end of September and lasts to the beginning of November. In the winter greenhouse it is necessary to maintain a temperature of 22-25 degrees. Plants are placed both horizontally and vertically. So it is possible to use the square advantageously.
For the planting of cucumbers choose only self-pollinated varieties. Accommodation is similar to the cultivation of tomatoes. When the seeds begin to germinate( usually in January), the shoots are transplanted into pots. Seeds emerge at a temperature of 23 degrees, after which it must be reduced to 15-18 degrees.
It must be remembered that the soil for cucumbers must be moist.
The temperature for peppers and tomatoes after germination is 10-15 degrees. When tomatoes go to the phase of cotyledons, they must be transplanted into pots with nutritive ground. Grow tomatoes and cucumbers together. They have different requirements for the parameters of the microclimate.
Cultivation of cabbage and lettuce continues until the formation of a semi-kochan. Sowing is carried out only at the end of January. After the plants reach a height of 8-10 cm, the beds are cleaned.
Garlic Growing in Winter in the Greenhouse
Garlic has a good reputation as a preventive remedy for colds. It is also a worldwide food product that has a specific taste and smell. Planting garlic in winter in the greenhouse allows you to protect the vegetable.
Interesting facts about growing garlic :
- Some varieties of this plant can form arrows - small balls on top of the stem. The spring view of this is not capable.
- Spring garlic is planted in early spring. This is necessary for the proper development of the plant.
- The depth of the grooves of the vegetable should be such that the head does not reach the surface of the soil 3 cm. Deeper planting will adversely affect harvesting.
- Winter varieties are planted in the autumn before the onset of frost. The depth of planting in this case directly depends on the condition of the soil.
- For good harvests, it is necessary that vegetables receive enough natural light. It is important to monitor the temperature regime.
- Arrows need to break off during the howling period. Otherwise, the garlic will turn out to be shallow, since all the nutrients will go to the seed formations.
- You can prepare a medicine for tomatoes from the arrows. Infusion of arrows is an effective remedy against blight.
The plant is quite demanding for fertile soil, so the land in the greenhouse is ideal for it. Care for garlic must include regular watering and top dressing. He also likes hot and dry air.
Enhanced watering should be carried out when the plant is intensively growing. In the period of maturation to moisten the soil does not follow. Normal care includes weeding and loosening.
After the formation of 3-4 leaves, the first fertilizing with quick-dissolving fertilizers takes place. After 2 weeks, you can carry out the second top dressing. The second time fertilize nitroammophoski.
Growing greenery in a winter greenhouse( video)
Building a greenhouse for the winter is a profitable business. You can grow plants for yourself or for sale. To begin with, it's worth starting with one culture. This will simplify the care of the greenhouse and the plant itself.