The base of the flooring is never perfectly flat at once. After all, what is originally a floor, as not overlapping plates with all these depressions, swollen and uneven. Consequently, such a surface is absolutely unsuitable for laying on it any kind of floor covering. But how can you make it so that the base with a floor screed has a correct and flawless surface?
floor lighters Let's imagine that we have already properly prepared the foundation for pouring. To do this we took the following steps:
- Cleaned the existing detachments.
- The largest of the cracks was cemented with cement mortar.
- If possible, remove all the dust.
- Primer for priming was made.
- The surface layer responsible for the waterproofing was installed.
- Finally, layers are laid for sound and thermal insulation.
After all this, what do we have to do? Correctly, look for the most elevated point in the perimeter in order to fix special beacons designed to level the surface.
What is the zero level and how is it determined?
As you guessed, you should first determine the zero level. In general, this is the most important stage of our work, along with the choice of material and its volumes. We will start, as they say, from the basics, that is, the basic level.
- First of all, there is a so-called starting point, which will be at a meter height from the surface of the base.
- Then we mark the base level over the entire area, using a water or laser level for this.
- Next, we need to determine what the distance between this line and the floor plane is. I'm more than sure that you will find several points below the level we need. For example, the minimum distance in one of the points will be equal to ninety-five centimeters, and our norm, once again, one meter. We need to note both the lowest and highest points.
- It turns out that the highest point we have is the minimum distance to the future sexual plane.
- Our next goal is the "zero" level, which should be approximately three centimeters above the highest point.
But wait: the highest point can be located in the center of the room? Yes, and this should also be checked. Therefore, we must stretch the cord across the entire width of the room and go thus along the length. If suddenly it turns out that the highest point is somewhere here, then the zero level is held in a new way. Of course, if the ledge is not very large, at least in comparison with the area of the whole room, then it would be more expedient to simply eliminate it using a perforator or an ordinary chisel.
Video - installation of beacons for floor screed
Instruction for installing beacons for floor pouring
Note that in order to obtain an ideal flat floor with screed, even the most experienced specialists need special beacons that are set at zero level. These lights, in fact, are nothing more than guides. With the help of the rule, we will move along them, along the way leveling the previously applied concrete mixture until it fully aligns.
Guides are specially created to align the floor, and there are two types:
- - guides in the form of the letter "T";
- - guides in the form of the letter "P".
In work, you can safely take advantage of both the first and the second. Let's consider step by step the technology of installing beacons for concrete pouring:
- Lighthouses will be located in parallel, on a single plane. The distance between them will by no means exceed the length of the rule used.
- If you do not have ready beacons for pouring, then you can use gypsum plasterboard profiles instead. When installing them, it is desirable to put them in each other in such a way that a square cross-section is formed, which contributes to the increased stability of the surface to the loads. Therefore, moving the rule along such a profile will be times more convenient. Finally, in the role of such profiles can act and ordinary wooden bars, which, however, need to be pre-moistened. If this is not done, the bars will draw water out of the solution, which can not but affect the alignment process.
- Earlier we determined how to find the highest point. Now it uses a perforator to make a hole, the diameter of which should not exceed 1 centimeter. After that, a wooden plug is inserted into the hole, into which the screw will almost completely be screwed. This is done at the highest point, and the next screw is screwed already at the other end of the beacon, but not so deep.
- After this we take the rule, put it on the caps of these screws, and on top - the water or laser level. The second screw, which we did not completely clamp, should be adjusted so that its cap was at the same level as the first cap.
- When the height of both screws is adjusted, a strong thread is stretched between them, which will lie on their hats. Under the thread, we additionally drill holes( the number of them directly depends on the length of the beacon), which will be located in fifty centimeters from each other. In them, in the same way, we put wooden chopics, and in the same way we screw the screws into the chops. In the end, it should turn out that the hats of each of the screws are at the same level.
- self-tapping screws Installation of a second beacon that will be parallel to the first. Here we also make a self-tapping line. Check the level of the beacon as well, in addition, you need to check the compliance of the first and second. So we arrange beacons throughout the area of the room. The minimum number of them - two pieces, which will be required in order to ride the rule for leveling the surface.
- If the beacons are made of wood, then the next thing you need to do is lay them on the screws. Start from the far corner of the entrance, move smoothly, gradually. Fill the bars in such a way that they do not move afterwards. First, so the first pair of beacons are attached, then the space between them is poured. The beacons also serve as rails for the rule by which the evenness of the floor will be regulated. The excess solution will move to where the pouring is not done yet.
- After the screed has dried and can already be moved around, the beacons are carefully removed. Walk preferably on the boards, and not the surface itself, so that the pouring is not damaged. Then the voids are similarly sealed with a mortar, using a spatula for this.
- The final alignment must be done with an iron spatula, or you can use a grater for this. Regardless of the chosen tool, the surface should be periodically moistened with water. To dry the screed will take at least seven days, after which you can already put, for example, ceramic tiles.
How to lay the screed
So, we have already prepared the correct proportion solution, it's time to lay the screed. Above we have already casually mentioned this process, but, in view of its high importance, we will consider it in detail. So, the coupler fits from the corner, far from the doors, and gradually goes to the entrance. When aligning, we use the rule, directing it by slow movements from the wall to ourselves. It is important that the rule does not come off the surface of the rails when working. Excess solution, again, move to the areas that are not flooded.
Then, we expect a certain amount of time( namely seven days) when the screed is more or less dry. So, if you can already walk on it( on the boards, of course), then the plates are removed, and the formed voids are sealed with the same solution that was used for the screed. It may happen that the irregularities will still be, in this case it is also removed by means of a spatula.
Finally, another important point. After the rough screed is completed, until the day when further work begins, it is strongly recommended to withstand the so-called technological break. It is at least twenty-eight days and is intended to make the concrete finally "ripe".
For this rather long term screed should be covered with a piece of polyethylene film, and the first ten to eleven days, besides, it should be periodically watered. In addition, if the final coating you have a laminate, then after that you need to lay another layer of screed, in order to completely level the surface.
We hope this article provided an exhaustive answer to your question about how to install a beacon for floor screed.