There are several options for installing a greenhouse made of polycarbonate on the site. Withtheory. The installation method depends on whether the foundation for the greenhouse will be laid in the garden or the greenhouse will be placed directly on the ground. For each of the methods there are certain rules that guarantee a reliable fixation of the building and the absence of problems with the crop in the future.
- Installation of a greenhouse made of polycarbonate: preparatory stage
- Instruction: How to install a polycarbonate greenhouse on the ground
- How to install a polycarbonate greenhouse on a concrete foundation
- Greenhouse on the timber: how to install a greenhouse of polycarbonate
- Advice from professionals: how to install a greenhouse of polycarbonate
- Installation of a greenhouse made of polycarbonate by one's own hands( video)
Installation of a greenhouse made of polycarbonate: Preparatory stage
The competent installation of a greenhouse made of polycarbonate on the site depends on many factors. In addition to the convenient approach to the greenhouse and the possibility of supplying communications, it is necessary to take into account the features of the site.
To properly install the greenhouse it is necessary to check the suitability of the soil. The greenhouse is not recommended for installation on clay soil: clay does not absorb water well, therefore, during irrigation, excess moisture will accumulate in the greenhouse.
greenhouse assembly instructions. Sandy soils are best for installing the greenhouse. If your site does not have them, then you will have to create conditions artificially: dig a hollow, lay a layer of gravel and lay a sand pillow.
In addition, you need to choose a sunny place, not obscured by buildings or trees, to take care that the greenhouse does not stand in drafts. Even the walls of a glasshouse made of polycarbonate can freeze in cold weather. You can protect the greenhouse by placing it near large trees or buildings.
The greenhouse should be located at a distance of at least 3 m from large objects that can obscure it.
In addition, you should consider in what latitude is your garden plot, the side of the world.
Location on the sides of the world can be latitudinal and meridian, and depends on the type of greenhouse( seasonal or year-round).
Seasonal greenhouse can be located relative to the sides in any way, but the slopes of the year-round greenhouse should be located from north to south, skates - from east to west.
Instruction: How to install a polycarbonate greenhouse on the ground
After the ideal location for the greenhouse has been chosen, it is necessary to clean the site of weeds, debris, and level the soil. The easiest to install with your own hands is a factory-made arched greenhouse, complete with all the necessary fasteners.
We begin to install a polycarbonate greenhouse:
- With the help of roofing screws for metal( size 32x5.5 or 32x6.3, if polycarbonate 4mm) or fasteners that come with the greenhouse, we fix polycarbonate sheets on the end elements.
- We install the frame base on the ground, connecting the elements between each other using the spike-groove method.
- We mount to the base of the arc and connect the structure with longitudinal elements. Better to use for installation seals, which can guarantee a reliable and hermetic attachment.
- We connect the frame with the end elements and polycarbonate cover the finished structure. It should be remembered that polycarbonate should be poured or buried into the ground for 30-50 mm.
- Cut out the windows and doorways put hardware( handles, latches, stoppers, etc.).
- We fix the frame with the help of T-shaped clamps, which come complete with a greenhouse. Fasteners can be made most of the pieces of reinforcement( the production does not take much time and money).To do this, you need to purchase the armature of the appropriate diameter, cut it into lengths of at least 50 cm, stretch them through the hole, hammer into the ground and bend the free edge as close as possible to the attachment point.
The greenhouse is ready!Now you can start internal work: prepare beds, organize convenient paths for passage, mount, if necessary, automatic systems.
How to install a polycarbonate greenhouse on the concrete foundation
All-the-year-round greenhouses should be installed on the foundation without fail. Heat losses through the ground can reach 20%.In addition, a greenhouse without a foundation is an easy prey for moles and shrews.
It is better to build a foundation for winter greenhouses from strong materials. The ideal choice will be concrete or brick. The mounts are mounted in the foundation at the level of the future foundation of the greenhouse.
For solid concrete bases, use anchor bolts that are inserted into the concrete along the perimeter of the futureBases immediately after the concrete began to grasp, but has not yet frozen.
The installation of the greenhouse on the beam has several options. In this case, experienced builders advise putting a layer of waterproofing on the foundation before installing a greenhouse. And the tree is covered with antiseptic.
Greenhouse on the timber: how to install a greenhouse of polycarbonate
The tree is often used as an independent tape foundation, strapping over a concrete, brick base, supporting pillars. The foundation of the timber significantly facilitates and speeds up the process of installing the greenhouse.
Mount the base of the greenhouse with a wooden frame using:
- Anchor bolts. Used in case the base of the greenhouse is made of steel profile.
- Valve pieces. If the bar is lying on the ground, the reinforcement is inserted through it( holes are pre-drilled) and the passages in the base of the greenhouse. The ends of the reinforcement, at the same time, are bent. This method can also be used for greenhouses on a frame made of PVC pipes.
- Galvanized corners. Corners are attached to self-tapping screws, if the base of the greenhouse is made of steel, wood( suitable for mounting for corner posts).
- Flexible mounting plates, if the lower piping is made of PVC pipes. Also suitable for installation of arched arched greenhouses.
- Galvanized self-tapping screws. Suitable for mounting the end faces of the greenhouse, the rows of wooden hothouses. In this case, screws are screwed at an angle of 45 degrees.
- By the method of cutting. Suitable for greenhouses on a wooden frame.
You can install both factory greenhouses and your own construction on the wooden base. Variants of fasteners can be combined.
Tips from professionals: how to install a greenhouse of polycarbonate
Errors in the construction of a greenhouse made of polycarbonate can lead to a rapid deterioration of the structure. That the greenhouse has turned out strong, reliable and has served some ten years without carrying out of repair works by own hands, it is necessary to consider certain nuances at work with polycarbonate.
So, when installing the greenhouse with their own hands, experienced assemblers advise:
- Set the greenhouse only on a flat base. The installation instruction for the greenhouse recommends that the frame be laid on the ground without a slope. Otherwise, there may be problems with the sealing of the greenhouse, opening and closing the windows.
- Position the fasteners at a distance of at least 0.3-0.4 cm to the edge of the polycarbonate sheet. Otherwise, the sheets can go cracked.
- Cut polycarbonate using a metal saw for a jigsaw. After the piece has been cut off, it is necessary to check all its edges for an object of burrs.
- Position the sheets in such a way that moisture in the honeycomb can be removed without hindrance.
- If the sheets have a thickness of 8 mm or more, then fasten them to the butt, not overlapping.
. To make the greenhouse aesthetically more attractive, you can close the polycarbonate ends with an aluminum tip or a U-shaped elastic seal.
Installation of a greenhouse made of polycarbonate by one's own hands( video)
Today, there are many ways to install a greenhouse made of polycarbonate in the garden. The technology of building installation depends on whether the greenhouse is installed directly on the ground or on the foundation. In this or that case, before assembling work, it is necessary to approach the issue of choosing a place under the greenhouse responsibly. Only then the installed greenhouse can bring maximum benefit. And to establish the construction of the above recommendations.