In residential and industrial buildings, the warm floor pipe acts as a source of thermal energy. The more accurately they are selected, the lower the cost of maintaining the system's efficiency and above its efficiency. Regardless of the technical features of the system, the pipeline is laid on a prepared concrete foundation. After that, a protective coating is installed.
- Advantages of a pipe for a water floor
- Tips for beginners: which pipe to choose for a warm floor
- Classes of metal-plastic pipes for a warm floor
- Choose a hose for a warm floor
- Compare pipes for a warm floor: whatBetter
- How to choose a pipe for a warm floor( video)
Advantages of a pipe for a water floor
To fully appreciate the benefits of a warm floor, compliance with the technology of its installation will help. Everything starts with a preliminary calculation of the room's need for heating. The more space there is, the more heat is needed, respectively.
Consider the potential loss rate of warm air masses. For example, severe weather conditions will require mandatory additional thermal insulation. Otherwise, water heating will not be missed.
. In the next step, all attention is focused on the air speed. The stronger the draft in the room, the more it is necessary to spend resources on enhancing the thermal characteristics of the pipes.
In addition, experienced builders recommend paying attention to the following practical tips:
- Cost-effectiveness - the heat carrier consumption is carried out at the stage of the design documentation formation. Even a minor mistake will increase the utility bill several times.
- Environmental safety - builders do not advise unjustifiably to save, making a choice in favor of cheap elements. The operation of the system implies constant heating. In the case of poor quality components, they begin to decompose, highlighting life-threatening and health-prone evaporation.
- Safety - a minor error will negatively affect the efficiency and quality of the heat carrier insulation. For example, an insufficiently insulated water heating pipe or a joint provokes a hot water discharge.
Resistance to external physical and chemical influences, high heat output and sound insulation, easy installation and maintenance are the main characteristics of the "warm floor".The main thing is to collect it correctly, using previously made calculations.
Tips for beginners: which pipe to choose for the warm floor
The lack of experience in the field of installation and selection of accessories for the thermal floor leads to significant errors. Opens the list of those not matching the characteristics of pipes used for heat transfer, and the parameters of the room where they are installed.
If it is necessary to carry out installation in a room where it is important to permanently provide comfortable living conditions, then the choice is made in favor of copper pipes.
The high price of the tube stipulates similar performance characteristics. The installation process requires considerable time and physical costs. Builders with experience rush to remind that a beginner to work with copper pipes is not recommended.
On the second place in terms of frequency there are metal-plastic pipes with the following characteristics:
- Withstands prolonged physical exertion;
- Withstand sharp temperature changes;
- Maximum noise insulation;
- Not susceptible to aggressive host environments;
- Improved plasticity;
- Corrosion protection.
It does not matter which manufacturer manufactured the pipe for delivery of the thermal carrier. The meaning is material. The premium class includes a copper pipe, and to a more affordable one - a metal-plastic pipe. In order to not have to regret the purchase made, you need to make the right choice of product class.
Classes of metal-plastic pipes for underfloor heating
The necessary information concerning the performance of the product can be found on the packaging. A variety of PE-XB is a double inner and outer coating, including mesh polyethylene. All parts are connected by a mixed compound, including aluminum alloy and glue. The range of operating temperatures ranges from 0 to +10 Celsius on a Celsius scale.
If more heating is required, it is better to choose one of the following varieties:
- PE-XC - 3-layerThe material allows you to withstand peak loads up to 100C on a Celsius scale. A wear-resistant outer layer eliminates the possibility of oxygen penetration, which increases the efficiency of the entire system. In addition, the pipe includes an adhesive layer playing the role of the final insulation, and an internal polyethylene gasket.
- PE-XA is a 5-layer pipe characterized by thermal conductivity in the range of 0.35 to 0.38 W / mk.
To quickly determine which pipes are needed in a particular room, a clear awareness of the needs will help. The more heat the system must generate, the more multi-layered structures should be used.
Choosing a hot floor hose
The cost of the material, the duration of the guaranteed operation and the installation features are three factors that you should pay attention to before purchasing. To the surprise of those who do not have enough experience in laying warm floors, each hose is used in strictly defined conditions. According to sales statistics, models based on polymers and metal-plastic are popular.
In addition to the traditional wear resistance, these types of hoses have a number of other characteristics:
- Resistance to external thermal effects;
- Possibility to pass a coolant of high temperature;
- High-pressure crosslinked material allows you to make systems of any complexity;
- Quick installation process, regardless of the type of hose;
- The connection is characterized by maximum tightness;
- Material is not whimsical in practical use;
- Possibility of additional processing, increasing the density of the connection.
The pedantry during the selection of plastic and polymer hoses Leroy, Merlin or other manufacturers will provide a high overall system efficiency. First you need to answer the question, what area and how long it takes to heat. After this, you can move on to the practical side of implementation. In the case, when it comes to difficult weather conditions, the hose needs additional processing.
We compare the pipes for the warm floor: which is better
In the retail networks, a rating is often obtained based on the statistics of sales of pipes and hoses for the warm floor. To a certain extent, you can trust him, but do not rely entirely on him. Increased interest from buyers speaks about the low price and active marketing policy of the manufacturer, but not always about quality. Common sense will not be a victim of advertising gimmicks.
You should start by understanding the basics - any manufacturer uses an identical set of components for the production of pipes and hoses.
In this connection, it is necessary to rely exclusively on the existing needs:
- Climatic features of the location of the proposed installation;
- The presence of a potentially aggressive environment;
- Alleged physical and other stresses;
- Thermal carrier temperature limit;
- Daily volume of delivered heat.
How to choose a pipe for underfloor heating( video)
Installing a warm floor in a residential building or on an industrial site requires the compilation of project documentation. It calculates the need for warmth and operating conditions. Based on the information collected, pipes or a hose are selected, the characteristics of which meet the existing requirements. Turning to the practical stage of installation, it is necessary to show increased caution. Even a minor error will lead to a decrease in efficiency.