Overhaul or building a new home always involves a wide variety of construction works, including - and installation of heating systems, water supply, etc. In place of cast-iron and metal pipes, plastic, metal-plastic, polypropylene, polyethylene and other elements have long come to us. The indisputable advantage of polymer pipes lies in their durability, resistance to biological microorganisms, corrosion, wear, as well as ease of installation and versatility. With the help of polymer pipes it is possible to mount a water supply, sewerage or heating system. For the work, it is enough to have a welding machine for PVC pipes, pipes and a set of fittings-connectors at hand.
- welding plastic pipes: secrets
- technology welding technology polypropylene pipes for heating: features
- Doing their hands: welding polypropylene water pipes
- Welding apparatus for polypropylene pipes with their hands
- correct welding of plasticpipes( video)
welding plastic pipes: secrets technology
Welding of PVC pipe produced by heating their end faces and the connecting elementsTo a liquid viscous state, followed by their coupling. For this purpose, a welding machine is used.
The technology of welding polypropylene pipes is called a socket or socket socket. Docking elements is not literally a joint in the joint, but with the help of auxiliary fittings - additional conductors, which at a temperature of about 260 degrees solder the edges of the pipes. When the connected elements are firmly attached to each other at the molecular level, the welding can be considered complete.
Problems that might arise when connecting dissimilar materials - a possible small joints strength delaminating loads, which limits the use of welding.
Alternative methods of joining PVC pipes:
- bonding adhesive formulations;
- Fastening with rivets;
- Press fit.
These methods are not applicable if the mating parts are made out of similar or identical material structure and the basic requirement is a compound of performance, possibility of automation and mechanization.
Welding technology for polypropylene pipes for heating:
features Before starting the work, a detailed plan of the heating system is drawn up, which not only indicates the direct passage of the pipes, but also all branchings and bends. Then all the necessary elements are calculated.
Remember: the availability of quality and properly selected materials is the key to the successful completion of the repair and durability of the future heating system. For this purpose, pipes with an aluminum interlayer are best suited.
Pipes should be purchased with a small margin, especially if the work is done for the first time. Auxiliary elements for joining pipes are also better to have in excess, especially if the work is done on its own and for the first time.
- After checking polypropylene pipes for defects and determining the temperature of their heating, a pipe cutter or a hacksaw, according to the plan, the required length of pipe is cut off. It is important to ensure that the cut is at right angles.
- The soldering iron is switched on, the desired temperature is set, a Teflon sleeve is inserted into the heating element. When the signal lamp on the device lights up, it will be ready for operation( warmed up to the desired temperature).
- The welded tip of the pipes removes the chamfer 1/3 of the thickness of the elements using the shaver. Deburred, an aluminum layer.
- On the heated sleeve installed in the welding machine, on one side the pipe is put on, and on the other - the fitting. The details warm up for 6 to 7 seconds.
- The pipe and fitting are removed from the hot sleeve, the pipe is inserted into the connecting element and another section of the heated pipe is inserted in the opposite side of the fitting. It is important to do these manipulations as quickly as possible. The connection must be smooth, without rotation, and the entire welding procedure of the elements should take no more than 5 seconds.
Within 4 - 5 minutes, the joints freeze and become more durable. Stimulate the congestion of joints of pipes by additional methods( ice, cold water) is strongly discouraged. The violation of the welding technology will lead to a reduction in the strength of the joints.
We do it by our own hands: welding of polypropylene pipes of the
water pipe. The peculiarity of the installation of the water supply system is the correct choice of materials, on which the durability and productivity of the future water pipe directly depends. For the water supply system, only a few types of PVC pipes can be used.
- Plastic pipes with aluminum reinforcement;
- Elements with fiberglass interlayer:
- Single-layer PVC pipes;
- Multi-layer products.
The most common diameter in domestic water supply are 2, 2.5 and 3.2 cm. The choice of pipe diameter can depend on both the water supply system and its features, and on the diameter of the attachments of the welding machine. Fittings, couplings and elbows are auxiliary elements for the soldering of plastic pipes, without which you can not do without.
Sequence of actions for welding of PVC pipes:
- Calculation of system parameters.
- Dismantling of the old water pipe( if any).
- Installation of adapter fittings( if you want to connect plastic, for example, with metal or metal plastic).
- Direct welding of pipes and fasteners.
- Verify the reliability of the connections.
- Structuring of walls for pipeline laying( if necessary).
- The final stage( fastening the pipes to the wall, etc.).
Welding machine for polypropylene pipes with your own hands
You can assemble a soldering iron for pipes from a conventional iron. Just need to carve two tips for the fittings and pipes under the fitting and nut. In the iron, the thermostat is removed, unnecessary ledges are cut off, and the sole with the heater is left. A 6 mm hole is drilled in the sole, and the tips are screwed. In the opposite nozzle of the sole, a hole is drilled to install the thermocouple.
The thermocouple itself can be taken large, remove the welded conductors from it, cutting off the required length and inserting it into the hole on the soleplate of the iron after the mica tubes that are needed for insulation.
All elements of the self-made soldering iron must be assembled in a casing. A screened meter wire is attached to the thermocouple, and a two-wire cable is connected to the heating element. The wires are fixed in the handle and attached to the outer casing. The space between the sole with thermocouple, casing and tip is filled with asbestos wool. Protruding tips from the casing are thermally insulated, the diameter of the holes in the casing should exceed the diameter of the tips by 10 mm.
The thermostat must be fixed in a separate plastic housing. For indication, it is possible to use a pointing device from an old cassette tape recorder, whose axis is exposed outside the housing of the thermoregulator unit.
Correct welding of plastic pipes( video)
The connection of plastic pipes does not imply special difficulties, and the soldering iron for them can be made by hand from old electrical appliances or rented at any rental.