The drainage system is necessary to remove the water and sediments at the site. Drainage works thanks to a branched pipeline, through which the liquid is sent to the ground or the place of discharge. It is important to know how to properly install the system, and which pipe to choose for installation.
- What drainage pipe is used for drainage their hands
- Requirements apparatus drainage pipe
- required slope drainage pipe
- elements drainage pipes interconnecting
- Surface laying drain pipes
- laying perforated drainagepipes with geotextile
- Installation of drainage pipes( video)
What a drainage pipe used for the sewer with your hands
Drainage pipes have their own characteristics. Choose special products with many holes. Thanks to them, water enters the drains and absorbs into the ground.
Materials pipes for drainage:
most commonly used plastic pipes. This choice is facilitated by a number of reasons. So the polymer is small in weight, as it is lighter than asbestos-cement and ceramics. So it's easier to perform installation work. In addition, this material is quite strong and inexpensive.
Asbestos-cement and ceramics are used less and less now. These are heavy and difficult to install products. Metal for drainage is not used through active corrosive processes in the ground.
The popularity of plastic is conditioned by other advantages. So the polymer belongs to durable materials. It is resistant to corrosion and other aggressive processes. Pleases and skipping ability of pipes, they are absolutely smooth and practically not clogged.
Il also can not clog the plastic pipes. If the drains are wrapped with geotextile, fine debris does not clog the holes. Groundwater easily penetrates the drainage system. At the same time, a large selection of pipes of different sizes is available on the market. This allows you to fully equip the drainage system.
The plastic is easy to clean. Operation involves the periodic inspection of pipes. Once a year, you may need to clean the system.
Requirements apparatus drainage pipe
Drainage widely used in areas with a high groundwater level. Drains are mounted below the level of groundwater. The material itself of the product must be strong, stable and smooth. The liquid should easily pass through the pipes under high pressure.
The strength of the pipes must be such as to withstand the weight of the ground and its possible displacement.
To reduce the possibility of precipitation influence, the system is equipped with rainwater receivers. In this case, the drains have a surface installation. Further, the system is connected to a common liquid discharge channel.
Requirements for drainage pipes:
- Resistance to low temperatures;
- Maximum smoothness of the inner walls.
The drain must not be deformed when exposed to low temperatures. If necessary, use the insulation system. Good patency of the pipes is necessary so that possible debris easily passes through drains. In this case, the system must be equipped with filter elements.
Required slope of the drainage pipe
The slope of the pipes is affected by their size. The diameter should not be too large, otherwise there will be a large outflow of water. And this, in turn, will lead to mudblown drifts. So the pipeline quickly gets clogged, and you need to carry out an emergency cleaning.
The diameter has a connection with the slope of the pipes. The smaller the size, the greater the slope.
But if you select a small slope, the water in the channel will start to stagnate. The water will pass badly and overflow the pipes. The slope is indicated by fractional numbers. The number 0.008 means the 8 mm drop by 1 m.
Required slopes for pipes:
- 0.003 used for water drainage and asphalt road;
- 0,004 - with crushed stone or paving;
- 0,005 - when covering the road with cobblestone.
When the diameter of the pipes is 90 and 110 mm, the optimum slope is 0.02.With a diameter of 160 mm, an index of 0.008 is used. If the cross section is 200 mm, the slope is 0.007.
Elements for connecting drainage pipes to each other
Drainage pipes are connected using special fittings. The drainage device can be represented by two systems: open and closed. In the first variant, there is a complex of ditches and trenches for drainage of water. The second system has an underground laying of pipes, where the elements are joined together by fittings.
Types of fittings for drainage pipes:
- Universal tee;
- Swivel Tee;
- Adapter sleeve;
- Adapter tee.
The connection of the pipes is possible due to the protruding part at the ends of the pipes. Sewerage is carried out by shaped parts made of plastic. These elements are well sealed and perfectly pass the liquid.
The crosspiece can connect directly 4 pipes. The clutch combines 2 pipes, both of the same size, and different.
Fittings have many advantages of use. They note lightness, flexibility, tightness. Couplings weigh a little, so do not weight the system. At the same time, a variety of connecting elements allows for different wiring arrangements. It's easy to work with fittings, all processes are easily performed by oneself. At the same time, you can lay pipes on an uneven surface.
Tee used to fasten several branches of drainage. It is also possible to connect the pipe to the well. You can create a whole system on a large plot. A transition tee is used for pipes of different sizes. The swivel version will allow you to mount a drainage system called "herringbone".
Surface laying of drainage pipes
Works include the creation of a plan with pipe routing. Consider the placement of drains and other elements of water drainage. In this case, take into account the slope of the pipes. Surface laying involves the installation of drains on finished surfaces.
Steps for laying surface drainage:
- Determined with the location of the liquid discharge. This information is taken into account when planning. The depth of laying is determined below the freezing level of the earth. As a rule, this figure is 60-80 cm.
- Pipes should be connected to the pipes. This is a kind of filtration of the liquid.
- When settling down a wall drain is equipped with rainwater receivers. Rain water immediately goes to the ground.
- Further dig a ditch. The bottom should be tamped and laid with rubble.
- The drainage parts are then installed. Provide openings for the pipeline. Finite elements must be equipped with plugs. The pipes are fixed with a concrete-sand mortar. The installation is started from the place of discharge. Seats should be sealed well.
- Next, make out the heel of concrete and restore the lining.
- Then check the operation of the drainage system. When everything looks and functions well, the system is closed with latches.
Operation includes periodic cleaning of sand catchers and a rainwater intake. At the same time, remove the grilles and rinse the openings with water. Precipitation can be used for economic purposes. Groundwater used for personal use is prohibited, there is another composition.
Laying of perforated drainage pipes with geotextile
Before laying, perform settlement work and buy the necessary material. Design includes data collection. They can be provided by the local department of land resources.
Required data for design:
- Groundwater table for each season;
- Soil properties and its structure;
- Amount of atmospheric precipitation.
These calculations will determine the depth of the pipes. The material for the gasket is a perforated plastic pipe. To prevent clogging of drains, they are wrapped with geotextiles.
Installation of drainage with perforated pipes and geotextile:
- First, mark the territory with a layout diagram. Then dig a trench. Depth is determined in the design, and the width is equal to the pipe plus 40 cm. Also take into account the slope of the pipes.
- At the bottom lay a pillow of rubble and sand. Enough 10 cm of sand, which will have to be tampered with. Then add 20 cm of crushed stone.
- Next, the pipes are wrapped with a cloth. The elements are joined by special couplings.
- You should additionally verify the correctness of the slope of the pipes using a tensioned cord.
- At the corners are installed inspection wells. They allow you to monitor and clean the system.
- Then you need to dig in trenches. First, gravel, then sand, and then excavated earth before falling asleep.
Water drainage takes place in an open reservoir or sewage system. But the end of the pipeline must be equipped with a check valve. An alternative to it is a precast well. When it is filled, the liquid should be removed.
There may be some difficulties during the laying. They are associated with common mistakes: insufficient depth, incorrectly selected pipes, broken bias.
It's possible to do it yourself. It is better to entrust the design to professionals. In the remaining work, you must follow the instructions and correct calculations.
Installation of drain pipes( video)
The principle of drainage is to install pipes under a slope, through which water is removed from the site. It is important to correctly determine the size of the pipes. The process of laying itself has many nuances and features, but in general it has no difficulties.