Which lights are best used?Undoubtedly, the best choice will be spotlights. They are very compact, fit well in the interior and are easily mounted. If your apartment has high ceilings, you can use overhead lighting or incandescent lamps. As an auxiliary lighting is recommended to use a special LED strip.
- How to attach the incandescent lamp to the ceiling of the room 4 meters high
- How to hang the overhead lamp on the ceiling
- How to install the lamp on the ceiling with your own hands
- How to make the ceiling lighter
- Attaching the spotlights toCeiling
- How to make the ceiling with illumination by one's own hands: Step-by-step instruction
- How to perform lighting installation on the ceiling( video)
- Lighting on the ceiling( photo in the interior)
How to fix the incandescent lamp to the ceiling of the room 4 meters high
Spot lights with incandescent lamps are used very often. Such products are of low cost. A significant shortage of incandescent lamps is a short service life.
If the ceiling is finished with plastic panels, it is recommended to purchase spotlights that are equipped with a special thermo-ring. Otherwise, the plastic may deform under the influence of high temperature.
Installation technology for a 4-meter incandescent lamp:
- Install the lighting box.
- Lay the cable lines.
- Make openings in the suspended panels for light fixtures.
- Remove the cable from the hole and connect it to the luminaire.
- Insert the lamp back into the hole and tighten securely.
- Check the operation of the product.
- Install the heat ring.
How to hang an overhead lamp on the ceiling
Overhead light sources are difficult to hang. However, such fixtures look presentable and consume a small amount of electricity. In addition, the overhead luminaire is more durable than a conventional incandescent lamp.
You need to select the right power supply for the installation of a surface-mounted lamp. It is recommended to use high quality devices, otherwise a "strobe effect" may occur.
Mounting of overhead luminaires to the ceiling is carried out in this order:
- Disconnect the power supply.
- Drill holes under the mounting plate.
- Pull out the wires.
- Then you need to install the mounting plate, and fix it with dowels.
- Connect the luminaire contacts to the cable.
- Fit the lighting fixture on the lugs located directly on the mounting plate.
- Tighten the screws.
How to install the lamp on the ceiling with your own hands
Hang the lamp on the ceiling with your own hands, you will be helped by a special step-by-step instruction, presented below. Before you start, get the necessary materials and tools. You will need a voltage indicator, a hook, a punch, a hammer, a screwdriver, fasteners( dowels and screws).
Before starting the installation, you need to turn off the electricity. It is also recommended to isolate the wiring. For this, it is better to use corrugated fireproof materials.
The installation of the lamp on the ceiling is carried out in the following order:
- Attach the hook to the base surface. Remember that it should be located in the hollow part of the floor panels.
- Screw the dowels into the ceiling. Do not forget to fasten the bracket beforehand.
- After you attach the hook to the ceiling, isolate it. To do this, you can use an insulating tape or an ordinary cambric. Drill a hole in the wall.
- Screw the dowels into the wall.
- Then, using a voltage indicator, measure the voltage on the wire.
- Attach the lamp to the hook.
- Next, you need to connect the wires to the lighting fixture.
- Install the lamps and turn on the machine.
- If the design works properly, and the lamps do not flicker, then install the decorative elements.
How can I make the ceiling lighter
If you want to make the ceiling lighter and achieve a visual increase in the room, then use translucent PVC panels. If you decide to use a translucent ceiling, then you need to find the right lighting equipment. It is recommended to use LED lamps. They need to be installed between the tension web and the base surface.
Advantages of translucent PVC ceilings:
- Durability. PVC panel with a translucent texture will last you at least 10-15 years.
- Water resistance. In addition, the surface of panels made of PVC is not going to mold or fungus.
- Ease of installation.
- PVC panels are absolutely safe for humans.
- Ease of care. Translucent ceilings are enough only from time to time to wipe with a damp rag.
Semi-transparent panels perfectly fit into the design of any room. If you want to recreate a unique design, you can install a two-level ceiling. First you need to lay the opaque coating, and on top of it, translucent panels.
Fixing point lights to the ceiling
You can use spotlights as the light source. Their fastening is fast. In addition, spotlights fit well into the interior of any room.
It is very important to choose the right wire. If the ceilings are finished with plasterboard, then an ordinary two-wire wire can be used. In case the ceiling is finished with plastic, it is better to connect wires of the RKGM type.
Technology for installing spotlights:
- Disconnect wires.
- Then pull the wiring.
- Do in the hanging panels of the hole for spotlights. Remember that the diameter of the hole should be 4-5 millimeters more than the diameter of the front of the spotlight.
- Secure the spot. To do this, gently bend the staples, and insert the lamp into the hole. If the fixture is fitted with fasteners, make sure that the power wires do not come under them.
- Next, you need to connect the fixtures to the junction box.
- Install the heat rings.
How to make a ceiling with illumination with your own hands: Step-by-step instruction
If you want to make an unusual luminous ceiling, then you will need a special illumination. It is best to buy LED RGB-tape. It's easy to attach this backlight to the ceiling. You only need to properly connect the tape, and pick up a suitable adhesive solution for its attachment.
In order to decorate the ceiling with an LED strip, you need to gently remove the adhesive solution from the back of the product. Then the tape should be applied to the ceiling skirting and lightly press.
When installing the LED strip, it is necessary to take into account such nuances:
- If you need to shorten the tape, cut it in specially marked places. Otherwise, you can break the integrity of the structure.
- In order to connect several tapes to each other, use LED connectors.
- If you attach the LED strip to metal ceilings, be sure to use some kind of insulation material.
- In order to properly assemble the design, you need to stock up with a suitable power supply. Remember that the product must have a large power reserve, otherwise it can burn.
- Before the ribbon is attached to the plinth, you need to check its polarity.
- Instead of a glutinous solution, it is better to use self-adhesive film.
How to install ceiling lighting( video)
Installing a ceiling light is a simple process. The main thing is to follow a certain algorithm when installing products. As lighting devices, it is best to use overhead LED or spotlights. For additional lighting of the room, you can use the LED RGB-tape. If you have a limited amount of money, then use the incandescent light to illuminate the room.