In the most paradoxical style of the loft are combined at first glance differently directed and contradictory things. Combining rough trim with elegant elegance and minimalist elegance, combining simplicity with luxury - breaks stereotypical vision of designer preferences and forces you to look in a new way at home comfort and customary foundations in the interior. Fundamental details in Loft style are often not sophisticated designs. This applies, in the first place, ceilings and walls.
- Key features of the loft styling
- Ceiling design loft stylized in modern interiors
- Original concrete ceiling loft style
- Correct loft Ceiling decoration with concrete material
- Interior design in loft style( video)
- Loft style design( photo)
Basic features of the loft styling
Loft direction was formed not artificially, but due to the style and way of lifecreative people. The great depression of the 1930s, which hit industrialists and entrepreneurs, caused the bankruptcy of most factories and plants. Abandoned manufactories of America with their spacious workshops have become the favorite objects of creative and free people who have turned industrial premises into residential and work studios.
Loft style is created using:
- Unprocessed walls;
- Open Communications;
- High ceilings;
- Open lay-out with a minimum number of partitions;
- Large windows to the floor;
- Mezzanines( semi-storey, which is created within the main floor);
- Mix of industrial elements with antiques and modern technologies.
A true loft is created only from industrial zones that have a history, but you can safely stylize the interior in this direction with the help of characteristic elements. Modern materials make it possible to realize the dream of a spacious and rebel loft, even in conventional apartment buildings.
A spacious room, typical for loft, is created by the maximum combination of adjacent rooms. The effect of the abandoned industrial zone is reproduced thanks to the brickwork and the properly decorated ceiling. Designers in loft interiors give preference to wood, concrete, and metal.
Loft ceiling design stylized in modern interiors
For basic loft designs such as ceiling and walls, a restrained and poor color scheme is characteristic. White and gray tones, shades of brown and black, the presence of metal and chrome parts. The ceiling with loft stylistics can be the main design element.
For loft styling of the ceiling, you can use:
- Concrete coating;
- Ceiling plates with patterns that are used in offices;
- Stretch ceilings with a suitable film;
- Metal grids;
- Decorative false beam beams;
- Metal partitions and pipes imitating industrial pipes and communications.