What material is used for ceiling and wall cladding?The best choice are PVC panels. This material is inexpensive and very practical. Also, the plastic looks beautiful and harmoniously combines with almost any design. If desired, a tile made of PVC can be used even for finishing the bathroom. Even a beginner can even cover the ceiling with plastic panels. Installation takes no more than 3-4 hours. The sequence of mounting the panels to the ceiling and walls is similar.
- How to choose quality panels from PVC
- Advantages and disadvantages of plastic ceilings
- Installation of plastic panels on the ceiling( video)
How does the roofing of the ceiling begin with plastic panels
Ceiling of the ceiling with PVC panels starts with the preparation of the surface. From the smoothness of the ceiling and walls, the strength of the entire structure will depend. If the ceiling is uneven, then several layers of primer and putty should be applied to it. Also do not forget to remove deep cracks.
Many people neglect pre-markup, however, this is a big mistake. Experts recommend that before installing the battens it is obligatory to apply special marks to the ceiling and walls, which will help you to orient yourself more easily. Do not forget to pull the fishing line between the opposite corners of the room.
After the marking you need to build a frame. You can use wooden or aluminum profiles to make the crate. It is better to use parts made of aluminum, since they do not need to be treated with an antiseptic, and they have a lower specific gravity.
Ceiling Mounting Technology:
- Install the tape-type U-type suspension.
- Screw the UD profile. To fix the profiles it is necessary to use dowels with a diameter of 5-6 millimeters.
- Secure the CD-profile. Do not forget to bend his ears.
- After installing the frame, separate the power cable. It is desirable to fix it with a metal corrugated pipe.
Install the panels of the sewn type on the ceiling
After you have installed the frame, you can install panels of the sewn type. A few days before installation, you need to leave the panels in the room where you are going to install them. This procedure is necessary for the material to adapt to the environment, and slightly widened or narrowed.
The PVC panels should be cut using a jigsaw or a hacksaw for metal. Remember that the direction of the cut and the axis of the plastic panel must be perpendicular to each other.
The frame covering is performed in the following sequence:
- Make holes in the panels for spotlights.
- Attach a corner to the wall. Remember that there should be a small gap between the plinth and the profile. To fix the corner, use dowels and screws.
- Then you need to sew the first sheet. It is fixed by inserting the stud into the gap between the guide profile and the skirting board.
- After that, you need to tighten the first panel densely with self-tapping screws.
- The remaining panels are installed in the same order.
- After you have finished covering the ceiling with panels, you need to install spotlights.
How to choose quality PVC panels
PVC panels differ not only in color, but also in quality. When choosing a building material, you should first of all track the quality of their staining. The paint should be applied evenly over the entire perimeter of the panel. If you notice the slightest difference in the tones, then the material is likely to be of poor quality.
You should also pay attention to:
- Quality of the connecting groove. In order to check the fasteners, connect the two panels together. If there is a gap between them, then the material is substandard.
- Outer wall. It should have a greater thickness and strength.
- Presence of stiffeners.
- Bending. The panel should easily bend, but do not crack.
In order to verify the quality of the material, you need to lightly press the panel. If the product was made of low-quality materials, a shallow dent will appear on the panel. Remember that there should not be any dents on the quality panels that are easy to press.
Advantages and disadvantages of plastic ceilings
Before you can fix the ceiling with panels with your own hands, you must take into account all the features of this material. PVC panels have a large number of advantages, however, they are not without drawbacks.
Pluss of plastic ceilings:
- Low cost. PVC panels are cheaper than ceramic tiles or plasterboard.
- Ease of installation. In order to sew the surface with plastic, you do not need special equipment. Even a beginner can handle editing.
- Reliability. Plastic panels are not affected by fungus and mold.
- Water resistance. Panels made of polyvinyl chloride can be installed even in the bathroom, as they do not deform under the influence of moisture.
- A wide range of colors and textures.
- Practicality. Plastic panels do not need to be covered with an antiseptic or treated with expensive detergents. Panels need to be cleaned regularly with a damp cloth.
The most obvious drawback of plastic panels is their instability to temperature changes. The material is deformed under the influence of high or low temperature, so it can not be used for finishing unheated rooms.
Also to drawbacks of PVC panels are:
- Low strength.
- Flammability. PVC panels are easily flammable. In addition, if the material ignites, it releases harmful toxins.
- Plastic is not an environmentally friendly material.
Installation of plastic panels on the ceiling( video)
Plastic is a unique material that can be used both for ceiling finishing and wall decoration. To cover the ceiling in an apartment or a private house with plastic is not difficult, provided that you make the correct markings and install a strong crate. Before using PVC panels, weigh the pros and cons, since this material is not always a good choice.