In order to quickly understand how to fix the drywall to the ceiling on the profile, you need to first carefully study the recommendations on this issue. Difficulties in this work are not special, but if a person is not a professional in this matter, you will still have to work hard to learn a new skill.
- Ceiling under plasterboard on the ceiling: mounting
- Is there a profile for the drywall for the ceiling
- What profile is needed for the gypsum board ceiling: the choice of
- How to make the plasterboard under the plasterboard on the ceiling
- How to calculate the profile for drywall on the ceiling
- How to mount the profile for plasterboard under the ceiling
- Mounting the profile and plasterboard on the ceiling( video)
Gypsum plasterboardTone to the ceiling: mounting
Ceiling to the ceiling, according to the generally accepted standard, is fastened in steps of 60 centimeters. It is not necessary to comply with this level, since the mount simply must withstand a static load( preferably with a margin of 20-30 percent for the dynamics).Directly self-tapping screws are attached from the inside to the profile. You can also mount on the outside, but you need to use so-called "fleas" - screws with hats at a uniform level. Of course, this option is suitable only if the top of the drywall is additionally treated with plaster, mortar or at least whitewashing, and all the junctions will simply be hidden.
The trim consists of:
- profiles that are attached around the perimeter, that is, on the walls;
- of transverse and longitudinal profiles, which are connected by crosses or crabs;
- from the hangers;
- power beams.
This describes the simplest scheme of a single-level ceiling made of gypsum board. There are also more complex designs, where the step is much less.
So you need a profile for drywall for ceiling
In order to fix the sheets of gypsum board, you need a metal profile. It is made of aluminum to maximize the weight of the structure. You can connect the metal profile with each other using adapters, but this is not recommended.
If possible, you need to choose profiles of this length that cover the one side of the room( the maximum length of the profile is 3 meters).
Beams have a similar scheme, as those profiles that are attached around the perimeter( but without grooves, of course).But the crate is done a little less.
Its main function:
- supports sheet suspension;
- prevention of deflections of solid sheets;
- protection of the wiring( and it is laid through the profile).
What profile is needed for the gypsum board ceiling: the choice of
There should not be any problems with the profile selection under the plasterboard. There are several types, but, as a rule, they are already sold in sets. All of them differ only in the shape of the bend, as well as in the width.
Basic types of profiles:
- PNP( standard size is 28 by 27 millimeters);
- PP profile( 60 by 27 millimeters);
- PS-profile - has one standard;
- PN profile;
- PU profile( 31 by 31 millimeters).
These profiles are used for the suspended ceiling of both their plasterboard and gypsum( they have approximately the same weight).Based on the specified sizes, you can make and calculate the required number of metal profiles for each room. One has only to remember that the screws that hold the sheets should be placed approximately 10-15 millimeters from the edge to prevent the rupture of the cardboard layer of the finish.
Tips on how to make a plasterboard under the ceiling
The standard distance between profiles is 60 centimeters. This is for ceiling gypsum board, even with additional load - an ideal option. If in the future the installation of the second and additional levels is planned, then it is better to reduce the step to 40-50 centimeters.
The beam is laid in the center of the room( you can - cross to the cross).That is, on 1 m2 on average, 4 meters of profile under the crate.
Does it matter how the drywall sheets will be located?In principle, the scheme of the crate will remain the same. It is only necessary to take into account the attachment points of the sheets.
- If the margin is indented 2-5 centimeters( for example, under the backlight), then you have to shift the beginning of the crateAt the same distance.
- The depth of "inserting" the screws into the profile is from 10 to 15 millimeters. Of course, you need to select a profile such that when fixing and the sheet of drywall did not get a through hole.
- The depth of the guide profiles is 40 millimeters. The main level is set for them.
How to calculate the profile for drywall on the ceiling
Calculate the consumption is most convenient with the help of special calculators, which are often available on the sites of building stores, or those dedicated to the topic of repair. There it is enough to enter the parameters of the room, the type of drywall that is planned to be fastened, and not only the metal consumption, but also its approximate cost, can be obtained at the output.
If you do a manual calculation, you will need a calculator and a previously created sketch.
It takes into account the following data:
- total width of the area occupied by profiles;
- perimeter of the room;
- step battens.
How to mount the profile for plasterboard under the ceiling
For fastening the finishing layer of gypsum board to profiles, it is better to use self-drilling screws with a drilling depth of up to 15 millimeters. More is unnecessary. Mounting is done on the inside. It is possible and outside, all the hats must be closed with the help of, for example, plaster.
Can I use glue? Typically, this technology has long been abandoned, because:
- polyurethane base can be damaged by moisture;
- the ultimate static load will be significantly lower;
- for flooding or moisture ingress sheets of gypsum board will simply bend;
- final design - not at all stable.
It is better to use the traditional method of installation. That is, attach each sheet to the profile with a screwdriver. The distance between the connection points should be adjusted in the range from 20 to 40 millimeters. Less should not be, because the drywall on the edge will crack, and if more, then it can eventually simply bend over.
Assembly of plasterboard and plasterboard on the ceiling( video)
And yes, the described method is suitable for installing drywall itself. But there are also more modern variations of fasteners, for example, under a stiff rope. The main advantage of this option is a constant tension, due to which even a slightly stretched sheet will still be smooth and without sagging.