Many people prefer to install a wooden ceiling in a private house. This design looks attractive and is very practical. In addition, you can install wooden slats or boards with your own hands by any person. If desired, you can decorate the slabs with various decorative elements. For example, the interior of the living room looks beautiful carved ceilings, and in the bedroom you can install an extraordinary white ceiling made of plywood.
- Do we need a vapor barrier for the ceiling in the wooden floor
- Ceiling materials made of wood
- Install the ceiling on a wooden frame
- Ceiling from wooden slats with your own hands
- We build a wooden modern ceiling in the apartment
- Wooden ceiling laying from decorative beams
- Wood paneling in a private house
- Master class on the roofing of a ceiling( video)
- Wooden ceiling( photo)
Do I need a vapor barrier for the ceiling in the wooden floor
As you know, wood can be deformed under the influence of moisture. That's why you need to install a vapor barrier layer on the floor. If you decide to trim the ceiling with wood in the apartment, you do not need to install a vapor barrier layer.
As a vapor barrier material it is possible to use:
- Isospan. The vapor barrier made with this material will last you a very long time, as the isosphere does not absorb moisture, and does not deform when exposed to high temperatures.
- Aluminum foil. If you decide to make a painted ceiling from natural wood, use this material, as it effectively counteracts corrosion and reflects heat. Also, aluminum foil is used in case if wooden structures of unusual shape are installed.
- Polyethylene film. This material will protect the slabs and slats from decay. However, it is forbidden to install a plastic film around the perimeter of the room, since a greenhouse effect can occur.
If you want to save on the vapor barrier, you can use eco-wool or cardboard, impregnated with wax. However, it should be remembered that the vapor barrier characteristics of these materials are much worse.
Materials for wooden ceilings
Previously, unedged boards were used to install wooden ceilings. Such constructions were very primitive, and easily deformed. Nowadays the carcass cladding is made with the help of high-tech materials made of natural wood.
For the arrangement of wooden ceilings it is possible to use:
- Battens. For the decoration of the ceiling from wood, this material is most often used, because its installation is done quickly. The lining is made of pine, linden or oak. This material is installed on a special frame.
- Tiling material. Such panels are glued on the outside with veneer.
- Broken timber. This material is rarely used, as it is difficult to mount.
A separate group includes coffered ceilings. They are assembled from specialized box-section modules. Install coffered ceilings only by professionals, because for the installation requires specialized equipment.
Install the ceiling on the wooden frame
If you want to install beautiful ceilings on a wooden frame, use the lining. The ceiling is covered with this material for 3-4 hours. The installation process begins with preparatory activities. These include cleaning the base surface from the paint and coating the lining with an antiseptic solution.
Installation is carried out in this order:
- Make the frame under the slab. To make it, you need to use bars with a cross section of 30x30 centimeters.
- Then, in the boards, make slots under the lamps.
- Fasten the boards on the crate with nails.
- In places where there is an increased load on the boards, install self-tapping screws.
- Apply the varnish to the finished ceiling.
- Install the fixtures.
It is highly undesirable to use chandeliers as a lighting device, since this light fixture has a high specific gravity. It is best to use spotlights with LED lights.
Wooden roof lining
A wooden lath ceiling is an excellent design solution for decorating a private house or apartment. Laying this structure is very simple. Before the ceiling is fitted with slats, the surface must be cleaned of dirt. In addition, you need to treat the slats with an antifungal mixture.
There are open and closed ceilings made of wooden rails. In the first case, there is a small gap between adjacent plates. If you want to install closed ceilings from the rails, then the gap should be removed using a decorative insert.
Sequence of installation of a ceiling made of wooden slats:
- Mark the ceiling with a marking.
- Attach the corners to the walls.
- Secure the bars with self-tapping screws.
- Pull the power cable through the crate. Do not forget to hide it in the corrugation.
- Lay the slats. They can be laid either horizontally or inclined. To fix the rail to the bar you need to use self-tapping screws.
- Check that the structure is level with the construction level. If any item is not installed correctly, disassemble the structure. Disassembly is carried out in the reverse order.
Constructing a wooden modern ceiling in the apartment
Decorating a wooden ceiling in an apartment is a simple process. Decorative ceilings, decorated for a tree, can be installed from plywood. Such a design will have a low specific gravity, and looks very attractive.
Before installing the plywood on the ceiling, it is necessary to degrease the surface. To do this, use copper sulfate. Also it is necessary to level the base surface with a primer and putty.
The process of installing a wooden ceiling in the apartment:
- Cut the sheet of plywood into 2-3 equal parts.
- Apply glue to the back of the sheet.
- Spread the adhesive evenly over the entire surface of the sheet. To do this, use a notched trowel.
- Tightly attach the plywood sheet to the ceiling. Keep the sheet need 1-2 minutes.
- Remove any glue residue with a cloth.
- After you have installed all the sheets, remove the gaps that formed between the ceiling and the walls. To remove gaps, use a sealant or putty.
Wooden roofing from decorative beams
If you do not like the primitive options for creating a ceiling, you can use decorative beams. This design is perfectly combined with the style of Provence or country. For the production of decorative beams, only modern, wear-resistant materials are used.
If you want to surprise guests with an unusual decor, you can make beams "antique".To do this, you need to clean them with a metal brush and cover with a thin layer of varnish.
Wooden beams are installed in the following order:
- Dry the material thoroughly. Cover the beams with an antifungal solution.
- Make holes in the walls for the beams. The diameter of the holes should be slightly larger than the diameter of the beams, since the tree expands under the influence of high temperature or moisture.
- Insert the ends of the beams into the holes.
- Coat beams first with antiseptic and varnish.
Wood paneling in a private house
It is recommended to use a parquet board for roofing in a private house. It looks better than a conventional lining, and is more durable. In addition, the parquet board is perfectly combined with any style of the interior.
Before installing the parquet board, you must place it in the room where the installation will be carried out. This procedure is necessary in order for the material to adapt to the room temperature.
Installation of a parquet board on the ceiling:
- Construct a frame. The grate should be strong, so use only aluminum profiles and corners.
- Attach the sheet to the crate with a self-tapping screw.
- After you have installed all the sheets, you need to fix the ceiling skirtings.
- If desired, you can unscrew the screws, and install decorative fasteners.
Master class for wood ceiling lining( video)
Wood-trimmed ceilings look luxurious and are a great addition to any interior. If you decide to install the wooden ceilings yourself, then before the installation, lay the vapor barrier layer on the floor. The choice of material for the design of wooden ceilings will depend on individual preferences. If your budget is unlimited, give preference to parquet boards or lining. In other cases it is more expedient to use plywood sheets.