It is quite acceptable to conduct floor insulation on the loggia yourself, but it will be necessary to thoroughly investigate the technology by which the floor is insulated and choose the most optimal material that can fully meet the expectationsAnd to serve a lot of time.
- How and how to insulate the floor on the balcony
- Warming the floor to the loggia with your own hands( video)
- How to insulate the floor on the balcony with foam
We are figuring out how to insulate the floor on the loggia
To properly insulate the floor on the balcony or balcony, you will need to follow the technology as carefully as possible, In important moments, you will have to start from scratch.
Important!If a foil-type foil-type material is used as a heater, the lag is filled on top of the pre-laid web. In another case, the heater is put between the lags.
The logs are initially laid. The process is necessary because the insulation materials have too low a density. Thus, if the load is minimized when the room is operated on the floor, the service life of the material will increase substantially.
In general, the thermal insulation process takes place in 3 main stages:
- The waterproofing sheet must be the basis. To do this, you can use a special material or waterproofing mastic. For high-quality and fast installation, polyethylene is laid in a thick layer, allowances for wall panels are left. The material is spread out and cut to the desired length and width. Fastening is carried out by means of screws or self-tapping screws.
- The sawing is then carried out according to the width of the balcony. It is best to choose bars that come with a cross section of 140x40 mm. They must necessarily be treated with special protective compounds preventing rotting, mold formation and similar problems. The step between the bars should be the same. On average 70-80 cm is enough.
- The construction of the log is leveled in a horizontal plane, but there should be a slight slope to the outside of the balcony structure. In order to align, you can use wedges, which you can do yourself with your own hands.
If foam, foam or mineral wool is to be used, then the height of the logs must be such that the material can be laid without crushing. Thus, the integrity of the insulation will be maintained, there will be no drafts. The height of the log should not exceed the threshold of the balcony or loggia.
Tips: how to insulate the floor on the balcony with your own hands
The lag is mounted using self-tapping screws, and to ensure the strength is the best, they are screwed to the wall by means of devices such as plate brackets, due to the anchors on which the plastic sleeves are located. As soon as the logs are screwed and the material is laid, the finishing of the floor covering on the balcony is carried out.
The laying process is also carried out in stages and with strict adherence to the instructions:
- The slabs are cut to the exact size of each cell on the floor. There should not be a single slit, since the laying is carried out as tightly as possible.
- The material is laid and fixed to the dowels. It is acceptable to use glue foam in cylinders.
- After laying the material, the foaming is carried out. The foam must necessarily dry.
- Next, a vapor barrier membrane is laid.
After installing the lag, the cavities are filled with expanded clay, the fraction is leveled. Further it is possible to sew up a floor with such cloths, as plywood, ГВЛ, ДСП.After laying the vapor barrier, you need to make a cross-section installation of the beams, which will be located on top. The cross-section of such bars can be chosen half as much as those that lie at the base.
Important!If claydite is used for insulation, then the material needs less.
This air curtain creates an air space between the rough material and the insulation, which minimizes heat loss. Laying of plywood or any other covering material is carried out by means of self-tapping screws.
Instruction: how to insulate the floor on the balcony with foam
If you want to make a balcony or a loggia, many rush to turn to specialists, because they think that it will be better and more reliable. In fact, everything is extremely simple, and to ennoble the room you will only need to purchase materials for waterproofing, heat insulation, cladding, prepare the necessary tool and stock up the fasteners, which is suitable for self-tapping screws or screws. We warm the balcony with foam, what are its advantages?Penoplex is a representative of the class of expanded polystyrene material and very similar in properties to foam.
However, it is more:
It is produced by foaming polystyrene, but it does not have porosity, since it does not consist of balloons. On the cut of the canvas you can see that the material is completely monolithic, due to which its hardness and hardness are achieved. When installing a foam pad on the floor, it can be glued to the loggia on concrete, which must be primed and waterproofed in advance or laid on wooden logs, and sewed up with panels of plywood or OSB.
How and the better to insulate the floor on the loggia
Choosing a heater, initially it is worth starting from the budget and personal preferences, and only then pay attention to the features of the materials. Polyfoam is the cheapest heat insulator with which it is easy and simple to work. He is not afraid of moisture, but he is flammable. Penoplex is a strong and heat-resistant material. In addition, it is safe. Due to the resistance to mechanical influences, it can be laid, both on logs, and simply under the plywood panels.
The roll material with a foil coating is in great demand. The thickness is small, the effect is maximum. These include penofol, but it should be selected addition in the form of polystyrene or penoplex to make a kind of insulating cake. Mineral wool is the oldest and most successful insulation, which is a universal material. It is permissible to use the cloth not only for walls, but also for the ceiling, however it absorbs moisture, due to what it loses its properties, accordingly, it is necessary to carry out a qualitative waterproofing beforehand.
The polyurethane foam material, which is produced in cylinders, is sprayed. The downside of the product is that it takes a large amount to fill the holes between the lags. Such compounds are suitable in the case when the restoration of a dilapidated balcony or loggia is carried out in order to maximally insulate all kinds of cracks.
Thermal insulation of the floor on the loggia with your own hands( video)
The qualitative selection of materials allows to make the correct improvement of the balcony and loggia, and to use them even in winter without discomfort.