Finishing interior lining - a stage that requires tremendous effort. Often, so much effort has already been spent on insulation, waterproofing, possibly glazing, that to the decorative finish, these forces are just running out. And people decide that the decoration option should not be complicated. Because they choose such a dry method, as the finish with plastic panels.
- What is needed: Cabin balcony plastic panels, photo
- own hands: finishing balcony panels
- And if not crate balcony under plastic panels, what
- method panels manufacturing: Cabin balcony PVC panels
- Advantages and disadvantages of plastic panels
- quality interior balcony plastic panels( video)
- Modern interior balcony plastic panels( photo examples)
What is needed: paneling the balcony with plastic panels, photo
Tools for work will need the following: electric drill, screwdriver, jigsaw or construction knife. Also you need a level, a tape measure, a pencil, a square. Useful and furniture stapler.
It is believed that the most difficult moment in the paneling of PVC panels is a rough stage, which includes the removal of the floor, wall and ceiling level. Even on absolutely flat walls you need to make a crate. You, of course, can glue the panels or nail directly to the wall, but if it is a balcony or a loggia with a characteristic for them high humidity, and hence, the formation of condensation.
Therefore, at sharp temperature jumps, the panels will not hold properly. And if the crate is mounted, then such panels will create the necessary air circulation in this case. To insulate the balcony, you need to lay any chosen insulation between the beams. This is either ordinary mineral wool, or simple foam.
own hands: finishing balcony panels
Today the choice of plastic panels is great - it is laminated panel, and matt and glossy;Different colors, monochrome and with patterns, etc. You can find your own version for both design and price. The plating process begins with the preparation of the workplace.
- Take away all things from the balcony, remove the previous cover. From the walls you need to remove dirt, dust, maybe the remnants of glue, if any.
- Then the crate is made. With the formation of the crate, the finish begins. On the walls you need to fix the wooden slats of the section 20x40 mm, they are fixed perpendicular to the direction of mounting of the plastic panels. No more than 500 mm should be a step between the base elements.
- lower limit battens fastened at a distance of 50 mm from the floor, the upper limit is fixed at the ceiling surface. Separate around the apertures are screwed reiki( and in the corners, too).
- The quality of work must be controlled by level.
- Then directly install the panels. Set the first sheet in the corner of the wall, level it. It is fixed with screws or a stapler.
- The next panel is inserted into the groove of the previous panel, it locks along the entire length. The outer side is fixed with clamps or screws. Also the remaining slats are mounted.
crucial moment - the installation of the latest bar. The sheet is trimmed to the desired size, after which it snaps between adjacent compartments, the panel is firmly pressed against the crate. Further around the door and around the window opening is established the F-profile. Surpluses are cut off in the corners. The plinth is mounted.
And if not crate balcony under plastic panels, what
If, however, for some reason you decide not to do crate, then fasten the panels to the wall can be different. And here there are several ways. Everyone has some special features.
You can lock plastic panels:
- Self-tapping screws;
- Liquid nails;
But still, as mentioned above, try to install the crate, at the same time you can conduct insulation. Well, the very fastening of panels is like a designer. The main thing is to densely join the panels and fix them well.
If there are any minor defects, then liquid plastic or silicone sealant will help.
To seal the joints of the panels, take the plastic corners. They are different in their functional orientation. It can be internal and external corners. The floor joint, as usual, hides the plinth. And the connection between the wall and the ceiling is covered with ceiling molding, because the plastic corner is not so attractive.
Panel manufacturing method: paneling of the balcony with PVC panels
Such panels are available in two versions - either sandwich panels or press-stamping products. Both methods have both pluses and minuses. And they also need to be taken into account.
For example, standard plastic is produced by pressing PVC.This polymeric material includes at least 43% of petroleum products, pigments and stabilizing components, and another 57% of rock salt.
But a sandwich panel, it can be said, it's something new. The spatial shape of these panels includes two layers of PVC with a heater. It can be just a mineral wool or styrofoam. If the sandwich is one-sided, then it has a more solid front side, then such a sandwich is used for walling and sloping.
A two-sided form is used to make partitions. Both variants are available with thicknesses of 10, 24, and 32 mm. Because such a panel composition does not need additional insulation, as well as vapor barrier and waterproofing.
Advantages and disadvantages of plastic panels
Plastic panels, of course, have both pluses and minuses. For example, the same advantages include the moisture resistance of panels, ease of maintenance, light weight, of course, an affordable price. Today, you can choose suitable panels by color, and by texture. There are no toxic substances in polyvinyl chloride.
But there are also disadvantages:
- With strong heating, the panel exudes an unpleasant smell;
- To the sharp temperature drops of the PVC panel are also susceptible;
- From frost they can be deformed, because they are applied only on the insulated loggia;
- For mechanical damages such panels also do not have sufficient stability.
That is, in each case, you need to take all the pros and cons, compare, draw conclusions. In many cases this will be a compromise solution. What pleases, the design of panels is progressing, in the fashion today panels-imitation.
Quality interior decoration of the balcony with plastic panels( video)
The balcony covering inside the PVC panels is not a very complicated process. But it takes time and energy, because you need to install a crate. However, in general, you do not have to spend a lot of money, because, as already mentioned, in many cases this is a worthy option. Good repair!