Balconies in apartment layouts can be the same full room as the rest of the room. Warming of balconies is of no small importance in repair finishing works, both inside and outside the room. This allows you to create a comfortable temperature in the room all year round. Careful observation of all editing technologies will help to get rid of drafts, dampness and damage by various fungi.
- Thermal insulation and its tasks: balcony self-insulation
- We heat the balcony with our own hands: materials
- Warming and finishing the balcony with our own hands: is it possible to insulate the balcony in winter
- How to do everything step by step: insulation of the balconyOutside
- Thermal insulation of the balcony with their own hands( video)
- Examples of balcony insulation( photo)
Thermal insulation and its tasks: balcony self-insulation
Modern development of repair shopsProcesses, in particular, the insulation of balconies significantly tightens the requirements for the regulatory regulations for thermal insulation and energy efficiency. When complex repairs of balconies are strictly taken into account the use of insulation materials and the use of thermal insulation for a particular type of finishing work.
Nowadays the construction market offers a smart assortment of heaters for the solution of various heat insulation tasks, depending on the characteristics of the selected material for internal or external insulation.
Aims and tasks of thermal insulation :
- Protecting the room from heat in heat and avoiding heat loss during cold periods;
- Protection from the impact of aggressive outdoor environment of load-bearing structures with subsequent increase in the service life of the room.
From the insulation materials for internal use, it is possible to allocate 2 categories:
- Traditional heaters - have proved to be a frequent use for insulation of premises. These include mineral, basalt wool and foam.
- Innovative heaters - are based on newer developments in the manufacture of products. Modern use distinguishes such materials as penoflex, PPU, penofol and others.
Balcony heaters are organic, inorganic and mixed, depending on the raw material from which the material is made. According to their characteristics and purpose, insulation materials are almost identical and have slight differences in the price ratio.
We heat the balcony with our own hands: materials
The modern market provides a huge opportunity to choose materials for the insulation of balconies both inside and outside the premises. Various technical characteristics correspond to one or another method of thermal insulation and distinguish several types of insulation products.
Types of materials for the insulation of balconies and loggias:
- Mineral wool - is one of the best types of insulation, it does not burn and reliably protects against the penetration of extraneous noise into the room. The material is soft and hygroscopic. Its thermal conductivity is from 0.035 to 0.045 W / m2, which is not unimportant if the balcony is connected to the main room. One small drawback of this insulation is shrinkage of the top layer, therefore, to insulate the walls, you need a material with a density of not less than 120kg / m3.
- Stone wool - has a different density and can be used for both vertical and horizontal surfaces. This insulation is resistant to inflammation and retains its structural properties for a long time in the service life. It has good sound insulation characteristics and has a thermal conductivity of 0.035-0.039W / m2.This product is produced with a density of 30 - 250 kg / m3.
- Styrofoam is an easy-to-install insulation material. It has a low coefficient of thermal conductivity from 0.035 to 0.040 W / m2 and is not expensive enough for buyers. It does not absorb moisture and is durable in use.
- Foamed polyurethane - Used in heat insulation relatively recently with the use of special spraying equipment. Has the best thermal conductivity in comparison with mineral wool and polystyrene. Does not require the use of additional waterproofing layer, but is subject to destruction from frequent temperature changes. It is ignited and releases toxic substances during combustion.
- Penoplex - produced by extrusion and does not absorb moisture. The material is lightweight and is made in the form of standard plates. Penoplex is a stable insulating product to aggressive environments and is inert to the effects of chemicals. The operating life is long enough.
- Penofol is most often used for an additional vapor barrier layer and is used to insulate balconies with cold glazing.
For a correct and competent thermal insulation of a balcony or loggia, it is necessary to clearly know about the thermophysical properties of materials in their structure and technological characteristics. Only after this, you can make the right choice of the right product for the insulation of a particular room.
Warming and finishing the balcony with your own hands: is it possible to insulate the balcony in the winter?
. In order to insulate the balcony with your own hands, it is necessary to make a quality glazing of the room and then to insulate the ceiling, the walls and the parapet of the balcony or loggia. Warming and covering the room should create a thermos effect, which is an extremely important action for good thermal insulation.
Steps of balcony insulation :
- All the cracks that have remained after the glazing must be carefully sealed using a mounting foam or other sealants. If the slots are large enough, you can use foam or pieces of plywood to seal them. After the final hardening of the foam, all excess foam, foam, etc. are removed.
- The waterproofing layer is applied to the inner surfaces of the balcony using various liquid or solid materials, depending on the structure of the balcony room. An alternative application can be used painting or coating polyurethane mastics.
- The already selected insulation material is fixed, depending on its mounting purposes and methods.
- Further actions are carried out by laying the vapor barrier layer. The most successful and reliable option is the use of penofol with one-sided folding. Foam is fixed to the joint at the joint, as it is impossible to fasten the lap. Sutures, where the docking is to be glued with aluminum tape. Penofol is fixed by the foil side exclusively inside the room.
- Decorative finish of walls and ceiling. For the decoration of the balcony, it is easiest to use different slabs( block house, lining, MDF panels, plastic, etc.).You can also plaster the walls, which makes it possible to use wallpaper, paint or decorative plaster in the interior design.
- The next step is to install the floor. Work begins with the preparation of the foundation. The concrete slab must be cleaned of dust and debris, plastered with cracks and splits between the slabs. Then the surface is leveled with a cement screed. Further it is recommended to lay the system of a warm floor and only after checking the correctness of its connection and working capacity, the decorative finish of the floor is made. It can be tile, laminate, linoleum, porcelain stoneware or bulk materials.
The vapor barrier membrane must always be laid from the side of the balcony room. The main task of the material in this case is to prevent the penetration of household steam and moisture from the room into the insulation material.
Arrangement of vapor barrier from the street side is optional. Necessity can depend on climatic conditions or desire. However, a layer of waterproofing should not be neglected.
The scheme for the insulation of the loggia or balcony is quite standard and unified. To achieve a good result - do not save on the purchase of high-quality materials or to exclude certain stages of work. Cheaply insulate the balcony from the outside is possible, but the question remains in quality. Also in an inexpensive insulated balcony from the street may be a problem. It is better to give preference to quality materials and work.
How to do everything step by step: insulation of the balcony outside
Beginning of the work on the insulation of the balcony from the outside is necessary with the preparation of the construction site, that is, it is necessary to install fencing, scaffolding, scaffolding, stepladder. Next, we clean the fence from debris and dirt from the inside and out. If necessary, we carry out repair and repair work. Only after the glazing of the balcony is carried out work on insulation foam or mineral wool. It is also necessary to cover all metal rods with an anti-corrosion agent. Among the advantages of external insulation there are two main advantages: saving the area of the balcony and putting the "dew point" on the outer surface of the parapet fencing, which avoids condensation and mold formation on the balcony
The procedure is then completely dependent on the type of fencingLike: fencing of concrete, brick, iron grating.
Regardless of what you intend to insulate, you need to take into account the protection from moisture from the outside and internal vapors.
It is equally important to take care of the ventilation of the insulated balcony. For the winter, it is necessary to close the ventilation openings and windows. For a well-heated room, additional ventilation can be provided, if necessary.
After you have prepared the surface of the balcony, you can start installing the vapor barrier. If you insulate the balcony with polystyrene, then the installation can be carried out immediately to the crate or to the previously leveled surface.
Also, the insulation must be unpacked some time before the work is done, in order for it to be dealt with.
The insulation must be laid out with the maximum density and then the seams should be sealed with adhesive tape, and if you used the foam, the seams are sealed with putty. When insulating in two layers, the efficiency will be higher than when one layer is insulated, but the same width.
After the insulation is fixed on the basis of the balcony, a moisture-proof film is mounted. Next, we finish the finish, and as a finish we use plaster and any fins. With the help of photo and video instructions, you can insulate the loggia yourself with polystyrene and achieve room temperature in it. Even the eliminated partition between the room will not affect the change in overall temperature.
Thermal insulation of the balcony with your own hands( video)
Insulation of the balcony in typical P44T houses and other buildings is a responsible activity that requires skills in working with building materials, patience and accuracy. The work on the warming of the balcony will be best in the warm season and in windless weather, without precipitation. The approach to installation should be responsible, it is best to turn to specialists, because the quality of work depends on how long your balcony will last. Examples