The loggia or balcony with competent landscaping successfully turns into a beautiful green corner. Wide opportunities in this regard provide warmed room options, but on an unequipped loggia with the help of annual flowers in the warm season, you can create a blooming garden. After all, the flowers on the balcony - it's bright, beautiful and so close to nature that you can not even leave the house.
- Flowers on the loggia: the choice of plants and the necessary conditions
- Landscaping options: floral balcony with their own hands
- Flower garden on the balcony: plants blooming in different seasons
- Indoor flowers on the balcony: the main types of
- How to grow flowers on the balcony( video)
- Beautiful flowers on the balcony( interior photo)
Flowers on the loggia: the choice of plants and the necessary conditions
Growing flowers on the loggia in the warm season can beTo implement and without insulation of this construction, but to create a flower garden or greenhouse, which will please you year-round, you should conduct a capital warming of the loggia, and install additional radiators and take care of the lighting.
Temperature and humidity parameters on the insulated loggia should create the necessary conditions for the growth of perennial houseplants.
Typically, for most indoor plants, the following conditions are acceptable:
- The temperature in winter is not lower than 14-18 ° C;
- Temperature in summer - no more than 20-22 ° С;
- Watering with water at a temperature of 2-3 ° C above room temperature;
- Optimum level of illumination( especially in winter).
For protection against winter cold, heat-loving species are fenced off from cold window glass with a polyethylene screen. In the case of an unheated loggia, flowers are grown during the warm season. In this case, it is advisable to prepare the flower seedlings in advance.
Landscaping options: flower balcony with their own hands
As mentioned above, a heated balcony or loggia gives maximum opportunities for year-round gardening. In these purposes, long-term indoor plants are used, which grow constantly on the loggia. As for the unheated balcony, it will turn green and blooming only in the warm season.
And it can be done both with the help of long-term room and one-and two-year-olds, namely :
- Arrange on the balcony area tall indoor plants - Indian azalea, Pontic rhododendron, hibiscus, monster, Indian chrysanthemum and t. P.
- If the space for flowers on the balcony is limited, it is possible to use hanging flowerpots( in them it is customary to grow so-called ampel colors).For these purposes, ampel houseplants are suitable - blue-headed begonia, fuchsia, jacquer holotvetkovy, kalanchoe single-flowered. In addition, in the outhouse can be planted and annuals - marigolds, petunia, asters, border chrysanthemums, etc. For balconies located above the 5th floor, for undersized flowerpots should choose low flowers - daisies, marigolds, alissum, cleaning, pansies, etc.
- In the case of a limited area, you can place undersized long-term indoor flowers on the table or the outer window-sill - centipolis, cyclamen, begonia, balm, etc.
- Alternatively, try creating a whole garden - to place a palm tree in the corner of the balcony, and the sunny side to be greened by curlyPlants such as morning glory, bougainvillea, various species of lianas, hydrangeas, and the like. At the same time on the windowsill there is a place for low flowers.
- Sometimes it is advisable to turn the balcony into a cozy gazebo, decorated with curly annual or perennial plants. And if the choice is made in favor of perennial flowers, then eventually a loggia.
If you choose indoor or annual flowers for balcony gardening, consider their light and thermophilic properties, as well as the recommended watering regime - only in this case your balcony will be elegant and beautiful.
Flower garden on the balcony: plants blooming in different seasons
In order to warm the balcony during the summer period, the eye was pleased with bright colors, it is possible to select appropriately the companion plants.
So, in the fall period, such perennial indoor species bloom as :
- Azaleas indian;
- Various kinds of begonias;
- Camellia Japanese;
- Chrysanthemum Indian, etc.
In winter, such plants as hyacinth, hydrangea, azalea indian, balsam, royal begonia, cyclamen, poinsettia, fuchsia, calla, Japanese camellia, etc. are pleasing in their flowering. In spring and summer, of course, The largest number of indoor perennial plants blossoms.
should be chosen. As for the flowers of one- and two-year-olds, the seasonal "order" of flowering is :
- Viola and daisies are dissolved in May.
- Petuniu should be planted in May and blossom until November.
- Marigolds will please the eye with their flowers in June and will bloom until September.
- Asters dissolve in late July - early August.
- Flowerbeds with border chrysanthemums will present an unforgettable fresh autumn aroma in September - November.
A successful combination of indoor plants or timely planting annual allows you to turn the balcony into a constantly blooming corner.
Indoor flowers on the balcony: the main views
If the balcony is not insulated and there is no desire to fiddle with annual plants, you can bring room flowers to the loggia for the summer. As a rule, such a stay positively affects many apartment colors.
If it is decided to do the balcony gardening in this way, then you should take into account the :
- The orientation of the balcony to the sides of the world;
- Degree of illumination of the balcony during the day;
- Lightness of indoor plants;
- Optimal watering mode.
In a sunny and well illuminated daylight balcony on the south side, light-loving houseplants should be located, such as: balsam, Begonia blooming, or tuber, Indian azalea, Hibiscus, Calla, Kalanchoe Blossfelda, Pelargonium, Passiflora, Poinsettia, Rhododendron Pontic, Fuchsia, cyclamen, cymbidium.
For shady northern balconies from indoor plants, the following species are suitable: begonia Fiista, senpolia, cleavia, pittosporum.
A large range of indoor flowers can be placed in the summer on loggias overlooking the east or west side. These are the flowers such as: Indian azalea, balsam, various kinds of begonias, hibiscus, jasmine, calla, blue passionflower, Pontic rhododendron, Japanese camellia, bell, cornflower, cyclamen, cymbidium, etc. For "cooling" indoor flowers in hot summer applyWide vessels with water, placed between pots or placing plants on a pallet with wet moss-sphagnum.
How to grow flowers on a balcony( video)
In other words, you can create a paradise on a balcony or a loggia in several ways. In the warm season, the unheated balcony will look nice thanks to the flowering annuals in the company with indoor flowers. But the insulated loggia gives maximum opportunities for year-round combined landscaping.