Can I attach the TV to the ceiling?You can create such a design, provided that the ceiling or the tensioning sheet have sufficient strength. In addition, you need to take into account the weight of the TV itself. To fix the technique you need to make a special design. In addition, before starting work, it is necessary to make holes in the base surface or the tension web.
- Attaching the TV to the gypsum board ceiling
- How to choose the TV fastener for the high ceiling
- Motorized ceiling mount bracket
- How to attach the TV to the concrete ceiling
- Attaching the TV to the ceiling( video)
- Bracket for TV( photo)
Fastening the TV to the gypsum board ceiling
Many people believe that attaching the TV to the gypsum cardboard ceiling is notPOSSIBILITY since plasterboard sheets have low strength. However, it is not. Attach the sliding swivel bracket to the plasterboard ceiling can be.
Mounting the structure in the following order:
- Determine the location where the TV receiver will be installed. At this point it is necessary to drill a hole 5-6 millimeters in diameter.
- After this, choose the place for fixing the bracket. Remember that there should be no load-bearing profiles in the mounting location.
- Make a hole for the bracket. The diameter of the gap should not be more than 25 millimeters.
- Make remote sleeves. For their manufacture use polypropylene pipes.
- Make holes in the concrete floor. Anchor bolts must be inserted into these holes.
- Fix the bracket.
Remember that the anchors must be buried in the base concrete surface. Otherwise, the bracket can not be fixed securely. In addition, it is strictly forbidden to attach the console directly to the drywall sheet.
How to choose a fastener for a TV set on a high ceiling
If you want to use a telescopic bar, then you need to take into account a number of nuances when choosing fasteners. All brackets can be conditionally divided into flexible and fixed. The first is useful if the ceiling is multi-level or has an unusual configuration. Fixed brackets are more durable, however, they can not be used if you have PVC panels installed.
The most important parameter of the bracket is its maximum permissible load. To select the optimal product, use the special technical regulations.
Also when choosing the bracket, the following parameters must be taken into account:
- Availability of a box for cables. Choose brackets with boxes in the event that you can not put communications in the ceiling area.
- Shelves available. Some models have specialized shelves that are designed for a TV tuner or DVD player.
- Color of product. Fasteners should fit harmoniously into the interior. It is desirable that the color of the bracket and ceiling match.
- Versatility. If you plan to install a 42-inch TV on the bracket, give preference to extremely flexible large brackets.
Motorized ceiling mount bracket
Brackets with an electric drive are used much less often due to their high cost. The fastening of such a construction is carried out in a similar way. However, it is best to entrust the installation of motorized fasteners to specialists, since the design is very fragile and easily deformed.
It is advisable to install the motorized system only if the diagonal of your TV is over 32 inches. If the diagonal of the TV is more than 42 inches, it is best to install a special ceiling lift, which will hide the monitor in the thickness of the ceiling.
When selecting motorized models, pay attention to:
- Build quality.
- Allowable load level of the workpiece.
- Dimensions of the product.
- Ability to automatically return the bracket to its original position after the TV is turned off.
- of the Manufacturer. Korean products from firm Alerta, Benatek b Meliconi have well proved themselves.
- Quality of the rotary mechanism.
How to attach the TV to a concrete ceiling
You can mount the TV to a concrete ceiling only if the base surface does not have chips or cracks. It is advisable to apply a primer and a putty solution to the ceiling before installing the bracket.
How to install the bracket on the concrete ceiling:
- Choose a place for the bracket and mark it with a marking.
- Drill holes in the ceiling. Remember that their diameter should match the bolt diameters. The depth of the hole should be slightly larger than the length of the bolt.
- Fix the bracket frame. To do this, place the bolts in special filler places, and secure them with nuts. It is also recommended that the projecting parts of the thread be cut with a grinder. Screw on the decorative nuts.
- It is desirable that they had a decorative cap made of plastic.
- Lead wiring to the structure.
- Place the cable in a protective plastic conduit.
To ensure that the frame structure is more durable, special distribution plates can be used. In addition, with their help, you can evenly distribute the load along the entire perimeter of the structure.
Fixing the TV to the ceiling( video)
To choose the optimal ceiling bracket is easy. The main thing is to take into account the specific weight and diagonal of the TV.The way of mounting the part will depend on the material of the ceiling. Installation on a concrete ceiling assumes a preliminary surface finish. In other cases, it is only necessary to make holes and firmly fix the structure with the help of anchors. If the TV is heavy, it is recommended to use distribution plates or metal profiles.