A country house with two or three floors is already a familiar phenomenon. It is convenient, and, having even a modest plot of land available, it is possible to equip a housing with a large area. A staircase is an essential element of such a property. The metal staircase to the second floor does not represent a cumbersome structure: it is not massive and does not create an overload for the premises.
- Metal ladder to the second floor with our own hands
- Iron ladder with our hands on the second floor: calculations
- External ladder to the second floor of metal
- Welded stairs to the second floor
- Prefabricated stairs to the second floorFloor: iron and wood
- Assembling a metal staircase to the second floor( video)
- Detail: metal stairs to the second floor( photo examples)
Metal staircase to the second floor
The ladder made of metal is a universal element. With the help of it equip the front, black and spare entrances, lifts to the floors. It is quite difficult to make a ladder out of metal independently - you need the appropriate professional skills.
Having a small welding experience, it is worth choosing a simple design option. Depending on the type of ladder, the required amount of material is calculated.
The design must withstand a certain number of loads, so building materials need to buy quality.
The simplest ladder will require the purchase of:
- Sheet metal. With its help, stairs will be made.
- Channel rail made of metal. He will help fulfill the carriers.
- Iron Corner.
- Pipes of large size.
For the construction of a reliable metal ladder, the drawings are seriously considered. The main parameters of the project are calculated and the general concept of the future product is chosen.
For the construction of steps from the channel, a frame made of metal and wood is combined. Similarly, handrails are made.
The parts are attached to the metal frame in different ways. You can use bolts with nuts, but this may not be the best way to affect the metal frame. It will be better to combine with welding. This requires knowledge of the principles of the implementation of a variety of seams and safety.
Further it is necessary:
- Make supports;
- Attach guard rails;
- Decoratively finish the resulting product.
If there is a desire to completely cover the metal frame with wood, it will be appropriate to use wooden fences. They will need protection in the form of antifungal and water-repellent impregnations.
Iron ladder with its own hands on the second floor: calculations
It's great if a specialist participates in drafting a ladder, but you can manage it yourself.
There are several general requirements for any ladder:
- For the width of the ladder in a private house, the minimum will be 900 mm, this will allow carrying any dimensioncargo.
- One flight of stairs should be under a constant slope. The most optimal is 35-45 degrees. Sloping versions can have less than 20.
- For convenience in height steps should be 160-180 mm.
- The minimum depth for the steps is 270 mm, this is the safest option for lifting.
- When calculating the load on the stage, it is necessary to take into account a minimum of 200 kg / m³, lateral loads of at least 100 kg / m³.
- There should be a maximum of 150 mm from the rack to the rack, with 120 mm for small children.
To calculate the entire structure, you must take into account the width of the staircase and the area between the floor of both floors. A ladder march in length is often noticeably larger than the length of the opening.
To know the depth of the steps, the length of the march is divided by the number of steps. The depth should be at least 270 mm.
The angle of inclination can be different. It depends on the right combination of the steepness of the structure and how it will perform in the space of the first floor.
Outer staircase to the second floor of metal
Often the layout assumes the presence of an external staircase leading to the second floor. This helps to save space inside the room and quickly move upward, without giving discomfort to those who are at the bottom.
These ladder types can take many forms:
- Direct march( takes up a large area);
When choosing metal as the material, it should be remembered that the iron structures are reliable and will last for a long time. They are able to withstand the aggressive influence of external factors, are not afraid of fire.
An external staircase is an important element of the entire room. Each part of it must be in harmony with the style of each floor.
When choosing wood, you should think about the state of your wallet. A cheap conifer board will be moisture resistant and bendable, but the looseness of its structure will be a significant disadvantage. Having enough money, it is worth choosing a hardwood tree.
Welded staircase to the second floor
By the manufacturing procedure, it is possible to distinguish a welded and forged ladder system. Previously, the welded ladder was placed outside the house, but now thanks to the technologies it is possible to place them comfortably and comfortably in the room.
For stairs of welded stairs, wood, natural stone and other various materials with beautiful texture are used.
A ladder in which a welded frame can be made with a design for a shell with risers, and there is also a variant of a transparent ladder having a lighter construction.
Welded ladders have their advantages:
- The construction is durable and fire resistant;
- The durability of welded stairs is higher than that of those that consist of wood;
- The frame is not afraid of mechanical damage, so it can be installed at the beginning of the finishing work;
- The ladder made of metal, which has a forged or welded fence, looks almost airy.
When choosing a welded ladder for an order, you need to make sure that a reliable welder is involved in the process, from welding to final finishing.
Prefabricated stairs to the second floor: iron and wooden
The modular ladder does not take up much space, while the owners have the opportunity to go down and rise at any time. The ladder is simply installed, so you can adjust the number of modules and fit the design into any room.
The staircases have a number of advantages:
- They can combine a variety of types of materials;
- They are characterized by their versatility, it is possible to change the dimensions;
- They have a wide range of accessories.
If the ladder is separate from the wall in the absence of additional support points, you should opt for a ladder on the bolts. This is the most modern version of the modular design.
A patent for the fabrication of a ladder with a metal frame was obtained in the 70s of the 20th century in Greece. Further ladders began to be produced in Italy, Poland and other countries, then they reached our country.
In a prefabricated structure, it is possible to adjust the height of the steps at will.
Assembling a metal staircase to the second floor( video)
If a competent master was chosen, the project is carefully thought out, and the manufacture was carried out qualitatively and by all the rules, the interstorey staircases will last for a long time and will delight not one decade of their owners. The staircase is, first of all, the convenience and the element of beauty in the house, elevating to a new level of comfort, rather than a massive and cumbersome structure, frightening its appearance.