Any ladder must be equipped with handrails - this will make it safer, especially if the house has children. In addition to its direct purpose, the original railings can become an ornament of the interior of the holiday home or any other premises.
- Wooden railings on the ladder
- Assembly of the railings of the stairs for the country house
- Modern railings on the ladder made of metal
- Plastic railings for the concrete ladder
- Advantages and disadvantages of metal railings, handrails and railings for stairs
- How to fix the railing of the stairs of the cottage house safely
- How to make the handrail for the stairs with your own hands: mounting the metal railings
- What are the railing for the stairs( video)
- Staircase railings( photo examples)
Wooden railings on the ladder
The manufacture of handrails, a complex process.
They are created from a variety of construction materials:
You can create a railing for your home inside or outside with your own hands, for this you need to have a working tool and the necessary material. You will also need skills in construction. If there is no experience, it is better if representatives of a professional firm do it.
Wooden railings include a lower support element, several balusters, handrails, end and turnstiles.
To create all these elements, a variety of tree species can be used, but the most popular are:
Maple and birch are rarely used, as products made of this wood are very expensive. Guard railings are mandatory if the stairway contains more than 3 steps. The minimum height of the fence is 90 cm. Balusters can be as a rectangle, square or circle. The form of execution can be flat with interesting slots or carving made by hand, as well as a volume with original ornament, etc.
Look great balusters that have been processed on turning equipment.
The support at the bottom can be in the form of a solid beam with a cross-section that depends on the size of the base of the balusters or the beam with a groove in the middle part into which the balusters are arranged. It is important to know that the wooden handrail should have a rounded upper edge design, and a smooth, well polished surface. To make it, you should take a bar with a small thickness of 60 mm.
Original and unusual handles should be organically combined with balusters, but their size should be larger, more massive. Beautiful and modern handrails can be made by their efforts, but even finding high-quality dry building materials, it will not be easy to process at home.
To save time and effort, it's best to buy all the items in a carpentry workshop or to purchase ready-made items in a shop. Simple elements can be used to save money on their own.
Assembly of the stair railings for the country house
For the installation of internal monolithic railings, it is necessary to prepare the materials.
- Hacksaw with small teeth;
- Small hammer;Screwdrivers, chisels, chisel;
- Chair, lace, carpentry, plumb, cylindrical level;
- Jigsaw, drill, drill with a set of drills.
The railings should be fastened as follows:
- First of all, you have to mount the extreme and turntable in the vertical position. Fastening is performed to the stairs. For reliability it is necessary to check fasteners, pedestals should not be unsteady.
- In the "sweat" to the ladder march and thumbs with a screw fastened to the bowstring.
- At the extreme pedestals you need to stretch the cord, and arrange a handrail along it. For fastening it is better to take a square spike, fitted manually. The connection is made to glue and long screws. From above, for aesthetics, you can fix wooden balls. Accessories
- Accessories include balusters. The installation can be in the form of a solid wall or at a distance from each other. If the house has children, then the distance between the posts should not be large, they should not be able to climb through. The balusters should be reinforced, similar to the installation of a handrail, using thorns and notches in the handrail and string.
- After the construction is assembled, all parts are securely fixed, it must be puttied and painted, or varnished.
The owner of a private house chooses the best options for himself, the decor can be anything for the taste of household members, you can put flowers on the stairs, or you can have original patterns, fantasy is unlimited.
Modern railings on metal ladder
Metal railing on the second floor in a private house, especially if forging or bending technology is used, are ideally combined with almost any style in the interior. All the necessary elements can be ordered by a blacksmith or in a professional workshop. A huge assortment of finished components of metal railings is also available on the construction market.
All connections of the elements of the modular ladder can be done on rivets, but still, it is better to choose welded structures. Elegant finish, using a special patina, will give an elegant look to the metal railings.
Get the effect of expensive metal or hardening using a patina that can be:
From what is the best building material, and how to make a railing for the stair landing ladder, external or internal ladders, the owner of the house.
Plastic railings for concrete stairs
Plastic products are used for the exterior. PVC has a number of undeniable advantages. The material does not rust, does not rot, does not mold. Stairs made of plastic are easy to clean and allow creating incredibly beautiful interiors.
Plastic can be used for any structure, handrails can be arranged on the entrance structure, arranged inside the house, also PVC is mounted on street structures.
is often used for the manufacture of handrails for handrails
If we talk about the drawbacks of plastic rails, it can be attributed to the impossibility of making their own hands and release only the standard size.
Before assembling, it is necessary to prepare the components for the assembly of the structure:
- Vertical racks - balusters;
- The pedestals are a supporting element and a turnstile configuration.
Also it is necessary to prepare the equipment and the tool, what they will be, depends on the type of the chosen building material.
For metal railings, you will need:
- Welding machine;
- Construction level;
- Rotary hammer;Screwdriver; Screwdriver;
For wood, it is necessary to prepare:
The device for the protective elements for the staircase depends on the type and construction material. Glass railings are mounted on a vertical pole, more precisely on posts, on which structural elements made of glass are fixed. Set it with a groove in the grooves. About the wooden guardrail of the structure was discussed above.
The concrete fencing device is manufactured according to the following manufacturing process:
- Drill holes in the balusters and pour in a good glue.
- The reinforcement must then be inserted into the hole, but with a projection of 5 cm.
- The adhesive must dry.
- Next in the course are the steps, on which it is necessary to drill the holes.
- They need to be poured glue, and fix the balusters.
- Constructions should be allowed to dry for at least 3 days.
- The last step is to fix the handrails on the technology of mounting the supports.
The decoration of the concrete railings can be anything, here already the taste of the owners of the house. Railings made of concrete are usually made for the porch, to exit the street.
Advantages and disadvantages of metal railings, handrails and railings for stairs
Metal railing in the country house arranged on screw or flight stairs, and have certain advantages.
- Metal is durable, the design is safe;
- Fast transport and installation;
- Possibility of self-manufacturing;
- Long service life;
- Easy maintenance during operation;
- Can be painted, coated with paint, patina, etc.
The disadvantages of metal railings include the appearance of rust if the product is mounted on the street. Another disadvantage is the high price of the construction, if the finances are limited, it is better to choose other types of railings, the budget option is wood, plastic, glass. But, if the finances are in order, then an excellent idea will be to choose the screw model, it always attracts the eye, looks original and beautiful.
Excellent place, in the middle, it will be a central element, will talk about the chic taste of the owners of the house.
How to fasten the staircase railings of the country house safely
The simplest railings, as already mentioned, include handrails and balusters, as they enable you to safely climb and descend the staircase. The manufacture and installation of handrails are given enough attention.
The product requirements are as follows:
- The average height of the handrail is 900 mm;
- Handrails should be smooth, such that do not hurt, neither children nor adults;
- When the ladder structure is wide, the guardrails should be several.
Near a high staircase for children, special low fences are made. The child should not climb between the balusters.
Types of handrails can be different, and they are mounted in a special way. Handrails - this is a support while walking on the stairs. There are many options that are used for their manufacture and operation. Depending on the building material, this design can be arranged on anchors, screws or use welding.
Fixing is carried out with the help of brackets. The most popular models of handrails can be round, oval, rectangular or square. With regard to building materials, then use chrome, stainless steel, aluminum, and also apply forging. Models from PVC are plastic, you can get interesting handrails, arrange them on the floor and up to the ceiling. Plus is affordable.
How to make a handrail for a ladder with your own hands: mounting metal railings
Each element for the installation of handrails has its value, and it creates the construction reliability, durability and safety.
Railings made of metal are arranged according to the instructions:
- The initial steps are the preparation of balusters and other components, namely the flange and pipes. The flange is mounted to the baluster with welding equipment.
- The next step is marking the steps. To do this, pull the cords from both sides of the ladder. With the help of roulette it is necessary to check the distance, everything should be clear.
- Adjust the edge of the posts so that there is no play, and fasten the handrails.
- Next, fix the horizontal filling. When the work is finished, it is necessary to hide the edges of the pipes that are open. You can close it with special decorative stubs.
- Finish should be finished. This is not a fast process, it takes enough time and requires attention, patience, effort.
Sutures are initially sealed, all defects are eliminated. After that, the metal surfaces should be sanded using sandpaper, and polished with a special paste.
What are the railing for stairs( video)
Having a minimum of skills in construction, really create a handrail with your own hands, or make it easier - to order services to masters. It is important to remember that the main thing is not the aesthetics of the enclosure for the space of the staircase, but its reliability, convenience and functionality in use, as well as protection against injuries.