The living room is the visiting card of the owners, you can say this is the heart of the house. This room must be solemn, bright, stylish, every member of the family here should be comfortable, comfortable, warm. That is why, when the owners of the house make repairs, they are going to cover the walls of the room with new finishing materials, it is necessary to take into account not only modern ideas, but also the wishes of the members of the household.
- How to choose wallpapers on the walls in the living room
- Bright, bright or dark walls of the living room: what better to choose
- Stone on the wall in the living room: use of natural materials in the finish
- Empty living room wall:Decorate
- Subtlety of the interior: accent wall in the living room
- Design of walls in the living room. Original ideas( video)
- Interior of the walls in the living room( photo)
How to choose wallpapers on the walls in the living room
Make the walls beautiful and interesting you can and your hands, the main thing is to choose the right finishing material.
When choosing specialists recommend to consider such factors:
- Which side of the horizon on which the living room is located;
- Coloring of furniture and interior items;
- Personal preferences of the hosts.
In order to maintain harmony in the main room, it is important to choose the color scheme according to the layout of the living room. In the event that the windows go to the north, then an excellent option is to cover the walls with wallpaper of warm tones, for example, shades of yellow, orange, peach, mustard, olive. The same option will be suitable if the windows are not north, but covered with thick trees. If the windows look to the south, then it's better to choose cooler shades.
About the color of interior items can not be forgotten, it is important that the colors are combined, you can not go too far with the color, you should not use more than 5 colors.
If you want to focus on furniture, highlight it on the general background, then the wallpaper should be neutral. So if the furniture is dark, then the walls should be light. Conversely, if the furniture is light, then you need to glue the original bright or dark wallpaper. This line allows you to keep harmony in the room. If you want to make an accent on a design picture or a panel, then the finishing options should not be contrasting. This will make it possible to select the desired element.
It is important, before changing the covering of the walls to talk with all household members, one must take into account the taste preferences of each, find one compromise option. Ideas can be different, great option, if it is difficult to come to a common denominator - combined walls. This is when the wall is decorated with two different colors.
Bright, bright or dark walls of the living room: it's better to choose
Even during the planning of the repair, there will necessarily be a question as to what to put on the walls of the main room of the house. It is important to consider every detail, for example photo prints on wallpaper will not fit into every interior. It is important that the print, the graphics of the image are combined with the objects of the interior. The best option is still not considered a bright wallpaper, without a pronounced color and texture.
However, it should not be too simple, ordinary-looking wallpaper will make the room boring, this can not be allowed, in the living room should be solemn and interesting.
How to give the walls expressiveness?You can use molding. Moldings help raise the ceiling by placing them along the ceiling line. When the ceilings are not high - molding will help to correct the situation. Also, with their help, you can divide the walls into beautiful square or rectangular sections. This solution gives the room a luxury and aristocracy, because plaster moldings were used even in ancient times, decorated her palaces.
If you want minimalism, then you need to abandon:
- Stucco moldings,
- Other weighting elements.
The room in the minimalist style looks more airy easy. A good option would be a wall with a fireplace. It is not necessary to arrange a real fireplace, you can create a decorative fireplace with plasterboard. So you can decorate the chamfered wall. The fireplace will become the center of attention.
Stone on the wall in the living room: the use of natural materials in the finish
A bright accent can be a room decorated with natural materials. This is a good solution in the interior.
Today, designers widely use such materials as:
- Artificial stone.
A stone or wooden wall can give the room an individuality and unusualness. Unity with nature today is at the peak of popularity. Increasingly, celebrities and ordinary people prefer natural materials in the interior.
On this wall you can hang pictures, photo frames, interesting design panels.
Another option to leave the wall empty, installing her home theater. In addition to natural finishing materials, plasterboard is widely used today. This material allows you to build the most incredible structures in the room. Drywall is ideal for finishing.
The material is excellent for:
- Different kinds of wallpapers.
Perfect for decorating uneven walls. Drywall not only helps to hide irregularities, but with it you can build niches with lighting, shelves that are elegantly suitable for placing interesting souvenirs, trendy accessories.
Empty living room wall: how to decorate
In the interior of the living room there can be an empty long wall. For its decoration there is a mass option.
Today is very relevant:
- Butterfly paper;
- Decorative plants;
- Products from yarn, dried flower, etc.
Decorating an empty wall can be to your taste. It can be an original painted tree. By the way today are sold special liquid wallpaper, thanks to which you can arrange an incredibly interesting drawing. Decorative plaster will also be appropriate.
You can place on the wall, compositions from the frames, you can hang an original designer watch or a beautiful panel.
A man can post, something more brutal. It can be an image of technology, maybe a composition of watches, belts, cigarette cases. Fortunately today there is no shortage with accessories and interior items. With a little imagination you can make a good choice for your room. The main thing is not to overload the space, through-chur a lot of accessories can ruin the overall impression, in such a room it will be hard to be.
Subtlety of the interior: an accent wall in the living room
What is an accent wall in the main room of a house, why do you arrange it in the living room?The accent wall is a section of the wall, specially selected with the help of all possible design techniques. The main requirement for the design of the accent wall is that it must completely coincide with the overall style of the interior.
So, what is the accent wall for:
- Thanks to this wall, it is possible to dilute the general atmosphere, to focus on the bright element of the verticalSurface.
- Exquisite composition on the accent wall will attract the attention of guests at home, take them for a while.
- Will distract from unsightly elements if they are available in the interior of the living room.
If you want to design such a wall, then you must prepare yourself to solve a difficult task. It is necessary to approach the process competently and thoughtfully. If you take things seriously, you can not avoid mistakes. And why spend money, time and nerves.
In order not to break firewood, experienced designers recommend the following principles when designing an accent wall:
- The area of the accent wall must be smaller than the total area.
- The accent wall does not have to be a single element.
- The wall can be selected either with bright colors or with an unusual texture.
- The psychology of colors should be considered.
- You must correctly choose the location of the accent wall.
- The accent wall can advantageously emphasize the functional area of the living room.
- The wall should create balance in the room, so you need to take a very careful look at its design.
It is very important to correctly place the wall, it is true, to choose a place for the accent surface.
Here are some tips for choosing the location:
- If possible, it is better to have a wall opposite the entrance to the room.
- It must be positioned so that there is a separation of the functional zones.
- The accent wall can be located at the TV viewing point, but in this case you should discard too bright colors.
A wide variety of materials can be used to create an accent wall.
Today are widely used:
- Panels of glass;
Many believe that enough to cover the wall in a bright color, and all the emphasis is made - it's not. A mini color composition must be created.
Designers offer to remember a set of rules:
- Warm colors are not suitable for a small living room, because they narrow the space visually. But, you can not completely abandon them, as they bring coziness into the space.
- Cold colors in front of expand the room, but take away comfort.
- Be sure to use bed colors, they will attract attention.
Design of walls in the living room. Original ideas( video)
A little effort, knowledge and time!And a qualitative result will surpass all expectations. Make your home cozy and beautiful.