Pepper planting can include the use of seeds or finished seedlings. It can be cultivated independently. The density of planting seedlings in the greenhouse depends on the selected variety. The average interval between plants is 30 cm.
Special attention should be given to the variety. When choosing it, you should pay attention to the resistance to temperature changes and unpretentiousness in the care. These characteristics will help to get a good harvest.
Seed disposition sequence in the greenhouse:
- Preparing the soil;
- Select the best seeds, not affected by disease and large enough in size;
- Selected seeds are soaked in water with manganese;
- The next step is to dry the planting stock;
- Next stage - re-soaking and laying on wet gauze;
- Seeds must germinate;
- The resulting material can be planted in the ground.
The concentration of potassium permanganate in solution with water should be small. So the seeds are strengthened and disinfected. Soaked seeds will not be damaged by fungus or any other disease.
The second soak must be carried out in normal water.
For planting seeds inside the greenhouse it is necessary to make pits and ryadochki. Sprouted planting material must be laid in a hole and covered with earth. If the soil is wet( watering was carried out a few days before planting), then there is no need to water the seedlings.
Pepper planting scheme in polycarbonate greenhouse
Pepper planting should be carried out in the prepared soil. The soil must be well digged and fertilized. Peat, manure, compost or complex mineral fertilizers are used as a nutrient medium for the land.
Pepper loves a light primer. Therefore, it is worth to add 40% of the sand to the soil.
The length of beds for planting can be any. But the width has some limitations - not more than 90 cm. The beds can be at a level with the ground or slightly higher. For their durability set special skirting. In many respects, the harvest will depend on the correct planting of the
General recommendations for the planting scheme:
- In the bed, it is necessary to do 2 rows;
- The interval between the rows is 40-45 cm;
- The distance between the plants should be approximately 25 cm.
Pepper can be planted as sprouted seeds or seedlings. The second option is more convenient. The planting pattern is largely determined by the variety of pepper. Tall plants require more space, and undersized ones like to contact their neighbors.
Peculiarities of growing peppers in a greenhouse made of polycarbonate
Pepper loves warmth, so care for this vegetable is needed special. Only by observing all the rules can you get a high yield. The necessary microclimate can be created in a greenhouse made of polycarbonate. It can grow peppers even in the northern regions of the country.
Polycarbonate is a unique material. It is lightweight, flexible, strong, holds heat well, but does not let ultraviolet pass.
The use of greenhouses made of polycarbonate allows to keep in the greenhouse the necessary heat for the growth of the crop. The very design of the greenhouse is convenient for work. You can easily take care of crops, soil or carry out preventive measures.
Pepper care ingredients:
- Regular watering;
- Nutrient primer;
- Optimal temperature parameters;
- Regular feeding;
- Good lighting.
Pepper refers to moisture-loving plants. It is necessary to regularly water. This is especially important during the formation of fruits and ovaries. If the culture does not have enough water, then it will wither. But it's important not to overdo it with watering, otherwise the pepper will start to rot.
It is also necessary to control the feeding of plants. If you overdo it with nutrients, you can ruin the fruit. In addition, you need to regularly ventilate the structure.
Choice of sweet pepper for a greenhouse made of polycarbonate
Sweet pepper hates cold, even the slightest cooling effect negatively affects the growth of culture. When the temperature reaches less than 20 degrees, the plant forms a smaller number of ovaries. That's why for growing, you need to choose the early and medium varieties of pepper. Also it is necessary to pay attention to cold-resistant varieties.
Leading varieties of sweet pepper for greenhouses:
- "Apricot favorite".Matures early or may have a medium fruiting period. It is a small bushes with an abundance of fruits. The color of peppers is orange. The shape of the fruit is conical. The vegetables are juicy, with a thick skin.
- "Rhapsody".Enjoy the vegetables can be 80 days after planting. The variety is resistant to unfavorable conditions and diseases.
- "Agapovsky".Characterized by high yield. The variety is resistant to diseases.
- "California miracle".A universal variety, due to which it will deserve its popularity. Fruits resistant to disease, have a characteristic rich red tint and excellent taste.
The choice of a variety should be made not only on the basis of taste preferences. It is important to take into account resistance to diseases, cold, unfavorable conditions. Also important is the chosen option for tall or short crops, as care for them is different.
Cultivation of sweet pepper in a polycarbonate greenhouse
To begin with, it is necessary to properly prepare the soil. This event is no different from the usual greenhouse preparation of soil. Among the minerals, pepper prefers potassium and phosphorus. Planting peppers can begin when 12-14 leaflets are formed on seedlings. The hive should then reach a height of 25 cm.
If the greenhouse does not have artificial heating, then the soil at the time of planting should warm up to 15 degrees.
The fertilizing of plants takes place in 2 stages. The first fertilizer must be carried out during the flowering period. To do this, use bird droppings or mullein. Dilute the mixture with water and insist for about a week. The second top dressing falls on the period of fruit setting. To do this, apply organic.
Sweet pepper watering rules:
- The procedure must be performed in the morning or evening;
- For irrigation use only warm water;
- The earth needs to be loosened from time to time to prevent the appearance of a crust;
- When the fruit is tied, the watering should be done 2 times a week;
- After planting, this procedure must be performed every 2 days.
Only the tallest varieties are parsed. Remove the lower shoots and leaves, empty flowering. Also, for a good culture growth, the greenhouse must be regularly ventilated.
Planting pepper in a polycarbonate greenhouse( video)
Planting pepper in a polycarbonate greenhouse has its own characteristics. The building creates the most comfortable conditions for culture. But to get a good harvest, you should properly organize the care of the bushes.