Greenhouses are an indispensable thing for any gardener, as well as for industrial crop cultivation. Care for the greenhouse is very important, because the quality of the service depends on the future harvest and the durability of the operation of the greenhouse.
- How to care for the greenhouse in the autumn
- Maintenance of the greenhouse in winter: basic maintenance rules
- Proper maintenance of the soil in the greenhouse throughout the year
- How to care for a greenhouse made of polycarbonate: which should not beDo
- How to care for a polycarbonate greenhouse( video)
How to care for a greenhouse in the fall
In the summer, when the harvest ripens, the greenhouse does not require special care. Occasionally you can water the walls with a hose, washing away dust. It is also recommended to air it. The main work on the maintenance of the structure falls on the fall.
In the autumn, gardeners harvest crops from vegetable gardens, including from greenhouses. For the winter in the greenhouse you need to remove and completely close it until the next landing season.
Proper care for the greenhouse in autumn includes:
- Post harvesting. All tops, leaves, weeds should be removed from the ground. Remove all fertilizers and tools for tillage.
- Soil treatment. The soil in the greenhouse is treated with special bactericidal preparations or watered with steep boiling water. It is recommended to remove a layer of old soil in 5-7 cm, replacing it with a new one.
- Soil fertilization. The quality of the soil under the greenhouse can be improved by sowing it with siderates - peas, canola, mustard. In soil you can add humus and various mineral fertilizers.
- Disinfection. Carbonate coating of the greenhouse must be cleaned with a dishwashing detergent. This is a preventive measure against the propagation of harmful fungal microorganisms and prolongs the life of the structure. It is very important to clean all joints and cracks, for this you can use a soft cloth and spray. As a disinfectant, only those that are approved for polycarbonate coatings should be selected.
- Preservation. After all cleaning work, you need to ventilate and dry the room, then check all the latches and locks.
As a disinfection, checkers are used, which release sulfuric gas during combustion. To get rid of the smell, the greenhouse should stand open for several days.
Among the means of disinfection can be identified folk method, which consists in using decoction of pine branches.
½ bucket of needles to pour boiling water, let it brew for 30-40 minutes, after which it can be used as a disinfectant.
This method of disinfection can be used in the spring and summer as a treatment for the walls and roof of the greenhouse.
Maintenance of the greenhouse in winter: basic maintenance rules
If the greenhouse is located on a site outside the city and in winter there is no one there, the polycarbonate construction can be removed and hidden in a shed. This is possible only if the greenhouse is removable.
Stationary greenhouses of polycarbonate can not be moved, they can only be completely dismantled.
They do not require special care during the winter, but you should pay attention to certain maintenance rules.
- Monitor the temperature conditions inside the greenhouse. Before the beginning of frosts, and even better in the summer, install heating elements. For residents of private sectors in the city you can use heating from electricity, and outside the city you can put the stove on firewood. In winter, it remains only to regulate heating, depending on the temperature in the street.
- Monitor the growth of plants under the greenhouse. Periodically water the plants and ventilate the greenhouse.
- Clean the roof of the rain, using special brushes that do not harm polycarbonate.
Icicles and frozen snow should not be scraped off the surface of the greenhouse at all - this can lead to damage to the coating. To gently remove the ice, you can pour the walls of the hotbed with warm water, which will melt the ice.
Proper maintenance of the soil in the greenhouse throughout the year
Soil in the greenhouse requires special care. The quality of the soil depends on the whole future crop, so you need to keep a close eye on its processing. For the greenhouse it is recommended to allocate a separate set of tools for cultivating the land, and also to use shoes and gloves, if possible, for work in the greenhouse.
If it is not possible to get a set of tools and individual shoes, then you need to carefully clean the ground so that the "street" soil does not get into the greenhouse.
Very often harmful microorganisms appear in the soil, which can destroy the entire crop. Therefore, soil decontamination is a very important step in soil care. Complete disinfection of the greenhouse and soil in it should be done once a year. You can do it in the autumn before the conservation of the greenhouse and in the spring - before planting a new crop in the soil.
- Complete or partial replacement of the soil in the greenhouse. The removed soil can be collected in a separate room, fertilized and disinfected, and after 4 years it will again be suitable for growing the crop.
- Freezing of the soil. Cold kills about 60% of harmful bacteria. For disinfection in winter it is necessary to lay a layer of snow in 25-35 cm and open the windows and doors.
- Hot treatment. In the spring, when snow came down, pour a few buckets of boiling water on the ground. After the ground has dried, you can plant a crop.
- Chemical treatment. The most effective method that is used in extreme cases. Treatment of soil with chlorine lime or formalin kills all painful microbes, often a useful microflora.
In addition to disinfecting the soil, it is also important to apply fertilizers to the soil and moisten it. With proper care of the ground, a polycarbonate greenhouse can last for a long time.
How to care for a greenhouse made of polycarbonate: what not to do
Polycarbonate greenhouses are quite strong and easy to use. They are not as fragile as glass, which means that it is not difficult to take care of them. There are things that need to be remembered - these actions can lead to a breakdown or deformation of the structure.
- In winter, clean snow with hard or sharp tools - scratches reduce the light transmission of the material and break the protection from the sun;
- Install a greenhouse near buildings or a fence;
- Use abrasive cleaners that can damage polycarbonate;
- Wash and clean the greenhouse when it is heated in the sun;
- Avoid mechanical stress on the walls and roof of the structure, from impacts and pressures, the greenhouse may become deformed;
- Do not clean the greenhouse with car brushes and metal washcloths.
Wash the walls of the greenhouse with a solution of ordinary household soap, wash it off with water from a hose or from a bucket. Washing of the greenhouse is recommended to be carried out both outside and inside.
Half a bar of soap to grate on a usual grater, to dissolve in 12 l of warm water, it is possible to leave for the night. Stir well before use so that there is no sediment.
Plaque or soiling should be well soaked in water, and only then washed with a cloth. When washing a polycarbonate greenhouse, use soft rags that can be worn on the mop if you need to wash the greenhouse on top of the .
How to care for a polycarbonate greenhouse( video)
Maintenance of polycarbonate greenhouses takes less material costs than glass designs. The quality construction of the greenhouse and the proper maintenance of the structure and earth will ensure its long operation.