The installation of a false wall helps in many cases - if you hide the lines of communications, if there is an additional wall above the main wall, if you need to hide radiators, pipes. In this work there is nothing super complicated, it can be done by a non-professional too. But some experience of repair work is still required, as well as special equipment.
- What is a false wall of GKL
- Preparatory stage: false wall of plasterboard
- Mounting of a crate: a false wall of gypsum board with own hands
- GKL mounting: how to make a false wallFrom a drywall
- Instruction: false wall of plasterboard for a sliding door
- Installation of a false wall from a gypsum board( video)
- Design of a false wall from a gypsum cardboard( photo in an interior)
For what the false wallFrom the CCL
Firstly, it is sound insulation or wall insulation. It turns out that behind the false wall you hide the insulation material or soundproofing. Usually we are talking about mineral wool.
The false wall and the reasons for the installation:
- Gasket of the hidden communications system;
- Installation of concealed mechanisms;
- Decorative purposes - for example, the construction of special niches.
Finally, such a false wall can even out the curvatures of the base wall. And, of course, this is a partition without load-carrying capacity for the room - so that between the two zones in the room there was such a homemade wall. This zoning is also very in demand.
Preparatory stage: false wall of plasterboard
The preparatory stage includes the selection of materials and tools. This itself, the drywall itself. Acquire the material of the manufacturer with a good reputation. Most often choose a moisture-resistant gypsum board, since the task of a false wall is to hide water pipes.
From the tools you will need:
- Construction glasses;
- Hacksaw for gypsum;
- Shears for metal;
- Side cutter;
- Roulette with lock;
- Knife with replaceable blade.
The next stage is the marking of the walls for installation. Using a paint string, you can mark the ceiling and floor. At the distance that is optimal for hiding the pipes, two lines parallel to one wall are beaten off the wall. One will go on the ceiling, the other on the floor. Interval of 10-15 cm is usually enough. Then at a distance of 600 mm from each other, vertical lines parallel to each other are beaten. It is for them to mount the fasteners.
Mounting the battens: a false wall of plasterboard with your own hands
Next, you need to make a few holes. Here, a puncher will come to the rescue. The interval between the holes is 25 cm. The dowels are blocked in these holes.
The work goes as follows:
- After the holes are ready, the guides from the metal profile are screwed on them. These elements of the frame are needed as the main supports, and further installation of the crate is carried out.
- The rails from the metal profile are fixed at a distance of approximately 50-70 cm from each other, this is done using a U-shaped profile( it is mounted on the wall itself).
- If all this is done in a wooden house, all the work is simplified, because you do not need to drill the surface and clog the dowels. The lining should be simply screwed with screws.
While working with the crate, clearly monitor the planes. You can use for this purpose both simple bubble level, and a high-grade water level. But there is nothing better than a laser level with this task. He guarantees maximum accuracy.
Installation of GKL: how to make a false wall of drywall
When the crate is ready, you can begin the installation. Drywall sheets are measured and cut according to the parameters of the crate. To cut drywall, you can take and a simple clerical knife, the one that cut the cardboard cover, well, and then simply break off the excess. The remaining layer of cardboard is cut, and a sheet can be screwed.
Drywall is applied to the frame of the crate, screwed with screws. Be very careful, because you work with a fragile material, and if you do not calculate the force of pressure on the tool, the plate is easy to press.
After screwing the first layer of GCR, on top of it start mounting the second one. On top of the second sheet is mounted to strengthen the structure. When installing extreme sheets of gypsum board, it can be difficult - a normal plane will help, at an angle of 45 degrees, a chamfer is removed from the sheet.
Instruction: false wall of plasterboard for sliding door
Popular sliding doors have become in recent years - they decorate and the hall, they will be good in the children's room, they will fit in the design of the kitchen. How to insert sliding doors into a false wall or a drywall partition?Follow a certain, rather simple algorithm.
Installing doors in a false wall:
- Calculate the height of the guide rail and the dimensions of the future doorway;
- Then the skeleton of the partition is mounted;
- Then install the door guide and travel stops;
- Next comes the lining of the frame with gypsum boards, and then the flooring of the clean floor;
- After that, you can safely hang the door leaf with the installation of platbands.
The frame is covered with plasterboard, flooring is applied. On the door leaf the brackets are fastened to connect them to the pins of the rollers, the groove for the lower guide is selected.
Installation of a false wall from gypsum board( video)
The popularity of false walls is explained by the simplicity of installation, the availability of the material, as well as the range of possibilities. No easier than to take environmentally friendly material, cheap, time-tested, and strictly in technology to make a false wall from it. With this will cope and not a professional.