Visually liquid wallpaper is associated with textile wallpaper or decorative plaster. Of the modern - the safest finishing material. For the kitchen, they are suitable as best as possible: they are resistant to temperature fluctuations, they serve as noise insulation and thermal insulation, they do not contribute to the appearance of cracks. As a result, the walls will have a beautiful and attractive appearance.
- Liquid wallpaper for the kitchen: what is it?
- Liquid wallpaper in the kitchen: reviews
- We make exquisite drawings from liquid wallpaper for the kitchen
- Can I use liquid wallpaper in the kitchen - all for and against
- Liquid wallpaper in the kitchen( video)
- Liquid wallpaper in the kitchen( photo)
Liquid kitchen wallpaper: what is it
With liquidThe walls of the kitchen look noble, their silk texture delicately emphasizes the specifics of the interior. They got such a name due to their composition and technology of covering the walls.
The liquid wallpaper consists of:
- Binding part;
- Decorative additives;
- Cellulose, silk or cotton fibers;
- Crumb: marble or quartz;
- Sequins from mica.
This mixture is packaged in plastic bags and goes on sale in dry form. To work it must be diluted in water. Application technology is the same as with plaster.
Liquid wallpaper is applied to walls at a temperature of +10 and above. The finished surface dries up to 72 hours, depending on the moisture of the room, the layer of wallpaper applied and the texture of the surface.
When purchasing the right amount of material, take a few pounds more. Remains are well kept in a dry and cool place, and most likely will be useful later. And if you lack - you will lose a lot of precious time.
Positive, and perhaps the most important factor in liquid wallpaper is that when preparing the walls for work, they do not have to be leveled, but it still needs to be primed.
The walls must be primed in two steps:
- First with vertical movements.
- After drying, they are horizontal.
Next, you can start preparing the mixture itself, and start repairing.
Liquid wallpaper in the kitchen: reviews
It's easy to study and analyze all aspects and characteristics of liquid wallpaper yourself. For example, you can ask this process from a seller or acquaintances who dealt with liquid wallpaper during a kitchen repair. In the modern age of the Internet, you can quickly find the information you need without leaving home. And even on the video to learn the specifics of applying liquid wallpaper on the surface.
It will be useful to read reviews of people who have already experienced in practice the various nuances of this work.
The most common feedback from the Internet regarding:
- Difficulties, or vice versa, the ease of the process of applying liquid wallpaper to the kitchen walls.
- Easy to clean the surface of dust and grease.
- Plus in the possibility of painting walls covered with liquid wallpaper.
- Environmental cleanliness of this type of material.
- On the optional smooth preparation of walls to the coating.
- More budget option, in comparison with other finishing materials.
- Easy recovery of damaged areas.
- Presence of a specific odor for a long time.
- Long-term operation.
In general, you can find a huge amount of both positive and negative reviews. So it turns out either because of inexperience, or in the unwillingness to fully understand what you're dealing with. But you can not please everyone, as they say: "To the taste and color. ..".
Good advice!To avoid, in due course, the appearance of a fungus under the texture of the wallpaper, it is recommended to treat the walls with an antiseptic before beginning the work.
Make exquisite drawings of liquid wallpaper for the kitchen
Tired of the monotony and boring kitchen walls?With the help of simple techniques, liquid wallpaper can create an elegant pattern. The image will give the kitchen exclusivity and refinement. Here you can apply all your skills and fantasize a little.
Before starting work, prepare the wall.
Drawings from liquid wallpaper, where to start:
- Visually represent the drawing and its dimensions.
- Produce a stencil made of cardboard or purchased already ready in a specialized store. Make to order, say, a photo, also does not amount to much effort.
- Circle the stencil with a pencil and transfer the pattern to a wall or ceiling.
- Take the desired mixture of the desired color and apply a very thin layer of it with a thin spatula over the edges by 1 mm.
- Align the mixture at the edges of the pattern along the applied contour.
The following docking color is applied only when the previous one has dried. If desired, you can add glitters, beads or special threads to the finished mixture. You can cook such wallpaper with the addition of silk. It will look luxurious, but this option is not the cheapest. To get an unusual shade, you can experiment and mix two or more colors.
Realistic and relief drawings are made with various spatulas with a serrated edge.
Liquid wallpaper with a pattern has one feature, not to take into account that - a big mistake. It should be remembered that when a single color gets wet, the neighboring edge of the application will also be colored, and when deformed, deformation also occurs.
Can I use liquid wallpaper in the kitchen - all for and against
Use or not use liquid wallpaper in the kitchen - everyone's business. It is important to note for yourself all the positive and negative points and, on the whole, make the right decision.
Positive qualities of liquid wallpaper in the kitchen
- This material has no seams. From an aesthetic point of view, this is a big plus.
- Defects during operation can be easily eliminated without disturbing the overall appearance. To do this, it will be necessary to soak the necessary contaminated area, remove it and replace it with a new one. Therefore, after repair, it will be expedient not to throw out the rest of the material.
- Clean the surface of the wallpaper with a damp cloth or cloth.
- Liquid wallpaper does not cause allergies.
- If necessary, they can be painted.
- These wallpapers fit well on the surface, hide all the unevenness of the flaws.
There is also the reverse side of the medal of liquid wallpaper.
Disadvantages of liquid wallpaper in the kitchen
- Liquid wallpaper absorbs fat and odors.
- Do not like moisture.
- Spots or stains may form on the surface.
It is rational to cover wall coverings only in non-cooking areas, slabs and sinks. For these sites it is better to choose other finishing materials.
Latex and acrylic varnish will help to preserve the water repellent effect. It is recommended to apply them in several layers.
Liquid wallpaper will be ideal for kitchens, where a lot of sunlight gets. This material does not change its structure under direct rays and does not burn out.
Liquid wallpaper in the kitchen( video)
Liquid wallpaper can be safely used in the kitchen - it's beautiful, modern, stylish, elegant and practical. They are easy to apply to the surface, which is boring and uninteresting to glue usual and already bored wallpaper. They are in great demand and do not pose any danger to others. Correctly picking up the color range and texture of liquid wallpaper, you can dramatically change the space in the kitchen and out of the ordinary room for food, create an unusual and modern zone of comfort and coziness.