Having stopped its choice on wallpaper, as a material for finishing work, there is often a difficulty in their choice among a huge variety. There are paper, vinyl( which can be washed), non-woven, acrylic, textile, liquid, glass and wallpaper. From this choice it is necessary to stop not only on beautiful, but also practical kinds of tapestries.
- Silkscreen wallpaper - what is it?
- Screen printing: wallpapers in the interior and their quality
- Wallpaper silkscreen in the interior( video)
- How to glue wallpaper silk screening
- Vinyl wallpaper: choice, gluingAnd tips( video)
- Is it possible to paint silk screening wallpaper and than
- What are the reviews about the silkscreen wallpaper
- Sophistication and luxury in silkscreen wallpapers( video)
- Wallpaper silkscreen( photo)
Silk screen wallpaper - hfor it is
This type of construction materials in addition to being very attractive to look at, it also has a high degree of durability. Such wallpaper belong to the class of vinyl materials for renovation of walls. The sticking itself does not represent anything super complicated. They are based on vinyl paper, which is then framed by special technology. On the workpiece is applied PVC( ie polyvinyl chloride) with impregnations of threads( variants of both artificial and silk fiber are possible).After this, hot stamping occurs under strong pressure.
Such trellises consist of two layers: an inner paper layer( in order to provide increased strength when gluing walls) and the outer( made of vinyl, and its surface acquires a smooth or relief appearance).
This material perfectly fits almost any kind of interior. In most cases, the silkscreen contains in its texture a different ornament or floral patterns. This approach is designed to simulate silk fabric. The wallpaper looks so natural that there will be a feeling that there is a real silk on the wall. Despite their high cost, they combine 100% quality and beauty. These trellises organize a luxurious veshny appearance, giving the walls of the room the effect of silky and soft luster.
Silkscreen: wallpapers in the interior and their quality
Thanks to its aristocratic, exquisite appearance, this type of product is very popular. They are able to give a refined look and make a piquant note of luxury in various rooms. This can be as working classrooms, large and spacious living rooms, bedrooms or kitchens.
The best option for a kitchen room, where there is still a high degree of moisture, will be trellises with a denser outer layer. The choice fell on them, because very often the walls need to be washed from a variety of traces of cooking. They are waterproof and perfectly washed off from this kind of pollution.
As for the hall, private office or bedroom there are no such extreme conditions of exploitation, silkscreen will look very fashionable and exquisite.
The best options are: classic and oriental style. Since now there are many varieties of ornaments, textures and color, they perfectly fit into any interior( whether it's electrician, modernism or hi-tech).
The main rule that should be adhered to: this material should be excellent for furniture and decorative attributes of the room. This wallpaper is inherent in such an effect as the movement of space. This allows the surrounding objects in the interior to stand out.
Wallpaper serigraphy in the interior( video)
How to glue wallpaper silk screening
Buying these trellises, consider the following features: the density of the material, how thick PVC, the width of the roll, resistance to wear and who made the goods.
Attention!Sometimes there are wallpapers with a width of up to 3 meters and above. They are needed to carry the gluing horizontally on the walls.
Thanks to this, there are no unnecessary joints and seams, and the wallpaper lies flat.
Before proceeding to gluing the walls, it is important to prepare the following inventory:
- Rubber roller;
- Stationery knife;
- Construction level;
- Metro Roulette;
- Several spatulas with different sizes;
- Dishes in which putty and glue will be placed;
- Dyeing brushes;
- Pliers and screwdrivers;
- plain water;
- Adhesive for seams and joints( this is optional).
- The first stage will be the preparation of walls, since silkscreen printing is very demanding on flat surfaces. First you need to remove using tools, all switches and sockets in the room. After this, it is necessary to insulate all the places where there were boxes and switches( an electrical tape is used).Further, the old wallpaper, whitewash or tiles are broken.
- The next stage, when the walls became "bare", it is required to check whether they have voids. Putty is used for this purpose. In case of detection of such problems, the top part is picked out. Then the putty is put in a small bucket, and the holes in the walls are closed.
- Next, in order to start gluing, you need to determine the height of the wall. After that, the roll is measured approximately the same distance( with an error of 50 millimeters) and is pruned. The same strips will be of the same length. It is advisable to start sticking from the windows and move to the exit. This approach will best help to hide the presence of joints from the canvas. Then in the water( room temperature), glue is diluted.
- The next thing to be done is to press the strip tightly to the wall, respectively starting from the top. Since the wallpaper was clipped with a margin, this error should go slightly above the ceiling. Using a roller, smoothing is performed. It should start from the center and end at the edges.
- After it remains to glue the distance under and above the window, cut the necessary length strips and close the remaining trifles. It is desirable to paint the wall behind the heating system, because because of the heat dissipation the silkscreen can lag behind the wall.
Places in which there are sockets, first completely sealed with canvases. Then, with the help of a knife( clerical), cuts are made, which later bend into the hole. Of course, before all this, it is necessary to turn off the power and unplug the sockets.
Vinyl wallpapers: choice, gluing and tips( video)
Is it possible to paint silk screen wallpaper and than
Despite the fact that vinyl wallpapers consist of paper, they are much stronger and moisture resistant than plain paper. Based on this, we can say with confidence that they can be painted. This type of wallpaper, given its strength, can withstand up to 10 repaints, while the colors can radically differ from each other in color.
In most cases, latex acrylic is used for painting. Wallpaper is painted in 2 layers. Of course, first you need to clean the surface of dirt, dust or grease, and then start painting.
An important point worth mentioning is the paint sample on a small and inconspicuous stretch of wallpaper. This is necessary to find out how the painting will behave in the future( will not it ruin the wallpaper).
What are the reviews about the wallpaper silkscreen
For the most part, the reviews are only positive. This is based on the positive qualities of this product.
Among the advantages can be identified:
- Do not give any danger to animals and humans;
- By themselves are not toxic, without harmful substances;
- No odor;
- Moisture-proof, so they can easily be washed;
- The service life is on the order of 10 to 15 years;
- Exquisite and rich appearance.
But just like all good things, there are also negative aspects.
The disadvantages are:
- Do not belong to breathing wallpaper;
- During combustion, toxic fumes are formed;
- Due to the fact that the wallpaper is thin, it is necessary to thoroughly prepare the surface before gluing.
As this is a very thin material, if the walls are not prepared, eventually all the flaws in the uneven surfaces will be evident. Such wallpaper is usually glued top to bottom, vertically.
Sophistication and luxury in silkscreen wallpaper( video)
Silkscreen should be suitable for all basic attributes of room design, and it is unlikely to be in harmony with the same type of furniture. Before you buy the material, you should pay attention to its quality and the reliability of the manufacturer.