With the help of a ruff you can increase the curtains in height up to 50 cm. This way to please creative and romantic personalities.
You can increase the length of the curtains from below with the help of beautiful ruffles. This option is suitable in case you want to write old curtains in a new romantic interior of the living room or bedroom.
You can increase the curtains in a height of up to 50 cm using a shredder.
How to enlarge the curtains from below with a ruff:
- Measure the width of the curtains andDetermine the width of the segment that is not sufficient for the normal width of the curtain. Multiply the first value by two, and add 10 to the second.
- Select the fabric that combines color and texture with the curtain material. Open it according to the parameters. The length of the fabric should correspond to twice the width of the curtains, and its width is the magnitude of the missing piece, to which is added 10 cm.
- Fold the edges of the segment and stitch them on the typewriters. You should get a piece of cloth with neat sides.
- Leave the edge of the fabric 5 cm and thread it. Pull the piece of material to the desired size and tie the knot on the thread as close to the fabric as possible.
- On the sewn seam, attach the ruffle to the curtain, having receded from its lower edge 2 cm. The seam can be decorated with lace braid.
The curtains, extended in this way, look gentle and airy. You can make several rows of ruches, but then the design will turn out to be more voluminous.
What to do if the curtains are short: we extend the fabric from the top
The second way to extend the curtains is more versatile. It is suitable for both minimalist and classic interiors. With such work, even a person who has nothing to do with sewing can cope.
In this master class, we will extend the curtains from above. To do this, we sew beautiful hinges that will not only make the curtain longer, but also add an original product.
How to extend the curtain with hinges from the top:
- Measure the distance to which you want to add the curtain. Cut out the loop layout. When folded, it should be 1 cm longer than the value you found. Also you need to determine the distance that you will leave between the loops and, based on this, calculate the number of loops. Another parameter is the loop width, the layout should be twice as wide as the final size of the element, do not forget to add 2 cm to the seam to this.
- Cut out the required number of rectangles according to the layout. Each of them fold in half and sew from the wrong side, like a sack.
- Remove the products on the front. Pat them in such a way that the seam is located in the middle of the underside of the rectangle.
- Gently tuck and sew a non-hemmed edge.
- Fold the products in half and sew them to the top edge of the curtains. Preliminary placing marks in the right places, at equal distances.
- If desired, decorate the hinges with beads or buttons.
According to this master class, you can simply and quickly increase the length of the curtains. To make the product beautiful you need to choose the right fabric. Hinges can have a color different from curtains, but one texture. A loop version of a fundamentally different material is also possible, but such manipulations need to be done with caution.
We understand how to extend the tulle
There are different options for lengthening the tulle. Here you can completely trust your imagination, or take advantage of our advice.
One of the most effective ways is to sew lace to the bottom of the tulle. The course of this work we described a little higher. However, for the decoration of tulle, only light air fabrics will suit. Ideally, the tulle fabric should be identical to the lace material.
If you want to alter the tulle in another way, then we will give you such an opportunity. You can change the length of the curtain with lambrequin, however in this case you will have to use two cornices. One, one for lambakken, should be higher, and the other for curtains, a little higher. This method is suitable for you if the curtain is missing a few centimeters.
Lambrequin for this method is better to sew from transparent fabric. However, you can make a combined lambrequin. Its upper part will be rigid, and the lower part of transparent fabric. Lambrequin must be grown over tulle. Thus, the lambrequin will close the cornice from below, and the curtain will appear a little longer.
The second way is to decorate the lower part of the curtain with suspenders. Such a tulle will look luxurious and original.
How to lengthen the tulle with hangers:
- Buy transparent large beads, fine transparent beads and a colorless fishing line.
- Measure the missing length of the tulle. Embroider a fishing line in the needle and fasten on its end a transparent bead. Pass the needle at the beginning of the bottom edge of the tulle and type on it the necessary number of beads. Secure the last bead with ribbon.
- Make the necessary number of suspensions to the end of the lower edge of the curtain.
This decor is suitable for classical and modern romantic interiors. Such suspensions will not work for you if there are small children or pets in your house.
How to lengthen the curtains with another cloth: photo
Another way to extend the curtains is to sew a strip of another fabric. It can be identical in color to the shade of curtains, but it will be much more interesting to look inserts from another fabric.
Extend the curtains with a cloth:
- Measure the width of the curtains. Also find out how long you do not have enough for a normal curtain size.
- Determine where the insertion will be located. If you want to insert it in the middle, then the width of the piece of fabric should be 4 cm longer than the missing length of the curtains. If it is placed from the bottom, then by 3 cm. The length of the insert should be greater than the width of the curtains by 4 cm.
- Fold the side edges of the insert and sew them for 2 cm.
- Cut the curtains in the selected place. Sew a new insert between the curtain parts.
This way you can increase the size of the curtains to the desired value. If you choose a fabric with a suitable texture, then the product will look like a whole canvas.
Tips: how to extend the curtains( video)
If you decide to hang the curtain and realized that its length is not enough, do not get upset!With the help of simple manipulations you can quietly increase its size. Very often, correctly converted curtains, look much better than the original.