It is not difficult to produce curtains, however you should first study the theory. Any window looks empty and incomplete if it does not have curtains. In addition, this detail of the interior not only protects the room from sunlight, it also decorates the room. Particularly worthy of note are the Vienna curtains. They are not only smart, but also practical due to the fact that their height can be adjusted. If you want, you can order such curtains in the atelier, or you can sew by yourself, since this is quite easy.
- Decorated Viennese curtains: selecting material for sewing
- General cutting curtains: patterns and patterns
- Simple Austrian curtains with your own hands: step by step instruction
- Austrian blind with your own hands: master class with Velcro
- How to sew blinds with your own hands: step by step instruction( video)
Decorated Viennese curtains: selecting material for tailoring
Austrian or differently Viennese curtains, somewhat similar to Roman curtainsEeski. They also consist of separate elements with lush lower edges and festoons. The height of such curtains is regulated by special laces, which are threaded into rings or braid.
The fabric that will be used to make the Austrian curtains must be well draped. Dense and heavy materials for this purpose will not work, so it's better to take lightweight, non-creasing, soft tissues.
The choice of material for Viennese curtains follows the design of the room and the financial possibilities
It is not advisable to take textiles whose edges are heavily crumbled. It will be very difficult to work with such material. As for the shade, it should correspond to the general style of the room. In a room located on the north side, it is better to avoid dark, gloomy tones.
When selecting Viennese curtains it is desirable to take single-color models or with a fine pattern.
Sewing Austrian curtains is possible from many fabrics, but especially good products are obtained from:
- brocade, satin dense texture, artificial silk - these iridescent fabrics look very impressive;
- Veils, tulle or organza - these materials can easily be draped and give the product lightness;
- Flax, satin, thick chintz will be appropriate in the premises, decorated in the style of country or Provence.
For festoons you can use velvet or wool. Often such curtains are additionally decorated with flounces, laces, brushes, fringes, ruffles and other details.
General cutting curtains: patterns and patterns
Sewing any curtains begins with the fact that the selected patterns, patterns and cuts the fabric.
To perform all the activities in the sewing process, you may need such tools and materials:
Drawings for the manufacture of curtains with their own hands can be downloaded on the Internet and printed on the printer
- Sewing machine;
- Curtain tape;
- Threads, needles, pins;
- Ruler or measuring tape;
- Additional decor elements or fasteners( tapes, brushes, shoelaces, hair clips or velcro).
The width of the future product should be as the size of the cornice and plus allowances on the side. The length can be any, if desired. Though up to the floor. But usually when sewing Viennese curtains, the height of the window opening is multiplied by two.
Estimating the allowances, it is better to leave for the bottom edge of about 13-15 cm This is just enough to even in loose form the curtains were slightly collected. In addition, this will allow us to correct some mistakes of the beginning needlewoman.
The pattern of the curtain looks like a rectangle divided into strips for sewing a curtain ribbon. The gap between them is usually 35-50 cm.
Before you start sewing, the fabric needs to be stripped off so that the first wash does not spoil the look of the product.
Simple Austrian curtains with your own hands: step by step instruction
Let's try to sew a simple version of Viennese curtains, without any pads, darts and other problems.
The step-by-step instruction for sewing looks like this:
- After steaming the fabric, you need to mark out the chalk line for passing the curtain tape for the cords. After that, all the seams obtained must be ironed.
- The lateral allowance is then seized. If the material is dense, then you can take 3 cm, and if thin - 2 cm.
- Then you need to tape and iron. Then attach it to the fabric of the product.
- Next you need to start out the top of the curtains. For this, a bend is made to the wrong side about 5 cm and a sewing machine is laid by the machine, to which the curtain tape should be sewn from the front side.
- After that, the tape turns to the wrong side and is tied again.
- As for the lower part, you can decorate it at will. You can sew some decorative detail, and then pull the braid so that there are wrinkles. Then you need to fix the cords in this position.
- If there are weighting agents, they need to be sewn from the bottom of each assembly.
Austrian curtains look good in the interior made in the classic style
When sewing curtains, remember that after each line made on a typewriter, it should be ironed well. This is necessary to ensure that afterwards the product had a neat, neat appearance, it did not stick and did not gather in unnecessary folds.
Austrian blinds with their own hands: master class with Velcro
There are many options for fastening curtains: eyelets, various rings, cornices, Velcro. One of the simplest mounting options is the latter, using Velcro adhesive tape. One of its advantages is the lack of the need to drill a window frame.
Master class for sewing Viennese curtains with Velcro:
- First everything starts as standard - all necessary measurements are taken. Only to the height of the product you need to add allowances for fixing the adhesive tape - 2.5 cm from the bottom and from above. As for the length of the Velcro, it should be taken taking into account the double width of each curtain.
- Begins by cutting the fabric according to the dimensions taking into account all allowances. In barrels - 2 cm and 1 cm below and above.
- Next, the sides and the bottom of the adhesive tape are folded so that it is on the wrong side.
- Then on the front side about 1 cm from the edge you need to pin the soft part of the Velcro, and 9-12 cm from the edge on the sides you need to put the ties( you can buy them already ready) under the Velcro. It remains to attach.
- Next, the sticky tape should be bent to the wrong side and stitched, not forgetting about the part of the ties that should be on the wrong side.
Before you start producing Austrian curtains, it's worth watching the training video with the master class
That's all. It remains to hang the curtains. To do this, the surface to which the hard part of the adhesive tape will be attached is degreased with cologne or any other substance containing alcohol. Then the hard part of the tape should be cut into pieces, then remove the protective film from it and fix it in the place where the curtains are fastened.
To fasten the blind below, you can simply paste the tape on the window frame not in width, but along the edges of the product( 10-15 cm).
Now it remains to drape the curtains at will and enjoy your work.
How to sew curtains with your own hands: step by step instruction( video)
Sewing Viennese curtains requires some effort, accuracy and patience. But, nevertheless, all the work is quite feasible. Any hostess who has sewing skills can cope with this process and will receive a unique product at the output, made independently and to your liking. The room with such curtains will reflect the style and individuality of the master.