Curtains - this is an integral part of the interior. They are used in almost every apartment. However, new-fangled variants are quite expensive. And if the manufacture of fabric curtains rarely raises questions, it is not everyone who knows how to make blinds with your own hands. Using our advice and using a little imagination, you can remake the old curtains in modern and practical curtains with the possibility of adjusting the lighting as soon as possible.
What can be done from old curtains: get acquainted with ideas of self-made blinds
Blinds have found their place not only in offices but also in modernvartirah ordinary citizens. However, store options are quite expensive, and many of them look too formal. If you want to become the owner of practical and inexpensive curtains, the design of which will suit your interior, the best option for you will be to make blinds yourself.
When mentioning blinds, many imagine a design consisting of plastic or metal slats. However, in fact, such curtains can be made from a variety of materials and have a diverse structure.
The blinds can be vertical and horizontal. In the first case, the curtains are folded into a vertical strip located on the side of the window, and in the second to a vertical bar located above the window frame.
To the surprise of many ordinary inhabitants of blinds are a variety of types of curtains. The main feature of such designs is the possibility of adjusting the penetration of light into the room.
Types of blinds:
- Vertical shutters consist of long, vertical slats. Such elements change their position due to the action of the pivoting mechanism. In different positions, curtains can pass more or less light.
- Horizontal blinds are often called ladder. They consist of horizontally located ladders. In the raised position of the slats, such curtains let in the sunlight, but in the lowered one there is not.
- Roller curtains also refer to blinds. They consist of a single canvas, which is wound with a chain on a special shaft.
- Blinds pleated consist of a single piece of folded accordion. Such curtains are regulated by means of strands or ropes.
- Roman curtains also refer to blinds. Pulling the mechanism, you can raise or lower this design.
These types of curtains have their advantages. Today we will learn how to make blind-pleated slips of paper, roman blinds from old blinds and roller blinds from impractical curtains with our own hands.
Paper blinds, blinds with their own hands
Blinds from wallpaper to make it simple. Even if you are far from needlework, following our master class, you will easily cope with such work.
Materials for such crafts can be found in every home. You will need scissors, wallpaper, double-sided scotch, awl, centimeter tape, regular tape, tape, latch, ruler, pencil and meter.
Master-class of manufacture of shutters from wallpapers:
- Measure the length and width of the glass part of the window frame. To the length of the glass, divide by 0.25.You should get a number larger by 25% of the original length of the window - this will be the length of the curtains.
- Carefully cut out a rectangle from the wallpaper that is equal to the width of the window and the length you found.
- Fold the rectangle with an accordion. The width of one crease may vary within 3-5 cm. The lower edge of the folded curtain should look towards the window.
- On the reverse side, an opening is pierced at the center of all the outgoing corners.
- A rope or cord is inserted into the hole. Blinded to the open position. A knot is tied, and an extra piece of rope is cut off.
- A fixator is glued to the end of the cord. A large bead can act as a latch.
- Two-sided adhesive tape is glued on the upper strip of the curtain. Also, if desired, you can paste such tape on half of the bottom strip, gluing the bottom of the blinds fan.
- The product is glued to the window frame with a double-sided adhesive tape and adjusted to the desired position.
Such curtains from the wallpaper look quite aesthetic. With proper care, they can last several years. However, you need to understand that the paper curtains will have to be changed from time to time.
Roman Blind Based Blinds
Remodeling old curtains in new designs is always interesting. In addition, such a transformation is very beneficial, because for a completely new product you will have to buy a minimum of material.
. For the production of Roman curtains based on blinds you will need: blinds, a cut-off fabric of suitable color, a sewing machine, scissors, liquid nails, fabric glue.
How to make new Roman blinds based on old blinds:
- The fabric is cut into a rectangle according to the size of the window. In this case, to the width of the segment, add 10 cm to the allowances, and to the length of 20.
- The edges of the curtains need to be folded twice and sewed on the sewing machine.
- Next, take the old blinds and carefully cut off from them all the crossbeams and the lower limiter. The upper limiter and the threads must remain intact.
- To the back of the fabric glue the blinds of the blinds, at the same distance. Lamellas are the basis of folds. For the curtains, there are usually 7 creases on the average window. The lower edge of the web is glued to the lower limiter.
- To the top edge of the fabric, the upper limiter is glued to the front. Threads hanging from it are passed through holes in the lamellae. The hanging ends are glued to the fabric.
- The upper limiter is decorated with a cloth, and the curtains are attached to the window.
After completing a number of very simple steps, you can make new Roman curtains from old curtains. Such curtains can be raised using a special mechanism, folding the fabric with an accordion and lowering, straightening the canvas.
Roller shutters made from old curtains
Even an old-fashioned French curtain can turn into a stylish and laconic roll curtain. Remaking an old curtain in such a design will amaze you with its simplicity and speed of execution.
This curtain can be made not only from an old curtain, but also simply from two pieces of fabric.
In order to sew a similar curtain you need to cut the material into two rectangles, which will be two cm more than the window in width and length. These rectangles are sewn on three sides in the sack-like manner on the reverse side. The bag is turned out, and in its horizontal seam is inserted a bar, which is fixed by spreading the material over it.
On the back and on the outside of the curtain, tapes are attached at the same level. On each side you should have two ribbons, located vertically along the edges of the curtains.
With the help of tapes you will be able to fix the rolled up canvas in the desired position. To attach the structure to the window, you can use a construction stapler or liquid nails.
What is Roman Blinds( video)
It's pretty simple to make blinds with your own hands. Here the main thing is to apply resourcefulness and imagination.