Traditionally, window openings are decorated with fabric curtains. There is a wide variety of curtains. This allows you to choose the design option, which is ideal for a general style in the interior. In rooms with insufficient lighting, many owners prefer to hang curtains. Modern curtains are light, soft and flowing curtains. A variety of curtains for curtains allow you to choose an option that will harmonize with the decor of the room. Curtains can be sewn from veil, organza or tulle. They can be monophonic, color, with a pattern and without it.
- Types of curtains for curtains: 6 variants
- Design of curtains and curtains: how to choose
- Catalog of curtains for bedrooms: photos and novelties
- Curtains for curtains: photo
- Modern types of curtains forCurtains( video)
- Design and types of curtains for curtains( photo in interior)
Types of curtains for curtains: 6 variants
The choice of fabric for tailoring curtains depends on the characteristics of the overall style in the interior. Different types of curtains are suitable for different styles: classical, modern, high-tech, Scandinavian style, Provencal, etc. With the help of properly selected curtains, you can visually expand the room, increase the height of ceilings and the level of lighting in the room.
For the decoration of a room in a minimalist style, designers are advised to use laconic and strict curtains.
The room in the classical style is advised to decorate with curtains made of expensive types of fabrics. The material for curtains should be organically matched to the color of the walls and ceiling. When choosing the material for curtains, it is important to consider the location of windows and the intensity of sunlight entering the room.
Types of curtains:
- Classical. They are used for decorating living rooms and bedrooms. These are sliding models, which are often supplemented with lambrequin.
- French. Curtains decorated with magnificent festoons. Usually, these rooms are decorated with classical style.
- Austrian. Particularly elegant curtains. Can be decorated with stylish festoons in the form of crescents. Most often they are decorated with decorative cords and lush brushes.
- Rolling shutters. A modern type of curtains, which are used for decorating interiors in any style. For their fastening, a special kind of cornice is required.
- Japanese. Are direct linens in which there are no folds. They can easily be moved around the cornice.
- Panel. Most suitable for decorating an interior in the Art Nouveau style. They look pretty strict, but very beautiful.
When choosing materials and style for curtains, do not rush. Before buying curtains is best to study the interior features, sketches for future curtains. It is important to consider: the size of the room, the height of the ceilings and the width of the walls, the dimensions of the window opening, the level of illumination in the room, etc.
Design curtains and curtains: how to choose
When choosing curtains, many miss one important nuance - they should not break out of the overall situation. Of course, curtains can be an accent in the interior, but still they must be in harmony with the decoration of walls and ceiling, with objects and interior and decoration. If you can not find the curtain yourself, you can ask for help from a professional designer who owns a variety of window decorations.
If the room does not have high ceilings, then for its decoration it is better not to use too luxurious models of curtains decorated with ruffles and other decorative elements.
For decorating a room with low ceilings, it is best to buy or sew simple and smooth curtains, without a complicated pattern. To visually increase the height of the ceilings, you can hang curtains decorated with vertical stripes. In this case, the folds on the fabric should be neat, smooth and flowing.
Advice on choosing curtains:
- Curtains can be used to decorate a narrow room with the wrong shape, the dimensions of which will be 1.5 times the width of the window sill. Fabric for curtains is better to choose with a vertical pattern.
- A small room can be made light and cozy with the help of curtains of light colors.
- For the design of a room in a minimalist style, it is best to use simple and concise curtains without a pattern.
- To decorate the classic and romantic interior, you need to buy luxurious paintings, richly decorated with all sorts of ruffles, flounces and decorative cords.
- If you decorate the interior in Japanese style, it is best to use curtain panels, they are also called Japanese curtains. For their installation you need a special kind of cornice.
In order for the curtains on the stakes to look beautiful, you need to select the right cornice and successfully install it. Cornices can be attached to a wall or ceiling. The choice of cornices depends on the model of curtains and the materials from which they are sewn.
Catalog of curtains for bedrooms: photos and novelties
Bedroom is a private space intended for rest and quiet, pleasant pastime. That is why for the decor of the bedroom many designers use simple models of curtains, which create a comfortable and cozy atmosphere. Every year there are new items that reflect the general trends in the design of the room and the design of window openings.
Elegant curtains never fall out of fashion, falling on the floor, decorated with frequent folds.
In order for the curtains to look beautiful, their length should be 5-15 centimeters more than the height from the ceiling to the floor. Long curtains can be successfully completed with brushes, and also beautifully draped. The original curtains will look original. You can combine different colors and patterns.
- Long curtains;
- Double curtains;
- Finishing the edges with a different kind of fabric.
A common trend in decorating rooms is the use of simple and concise models of curtains. Decorating the bedroom, you should take into account the decor of the bedspread and pillows on the bed. It is important to choose the right size of curtains, so as not to overdo with the amount of tissue.
Metal curtains for curtains: photo
The selection of the cornice is an important stage in decorating the window opening and the room as a whole. For the correct choice of cornice, it is important to take into account the overall interior design, the color and pattern of the surface finish, the type and materials of the curtain fabrics. Using the cornice, you can visually adjust the size and shape of the room.
Metal cornices can be round, baguette, string, profile, tire or rail.
Depending on the model of curtains, you can choose a single-row, double-row or multi-row cornice. The metal cornice looks particularly impressive in the classical interior. Particular attention when choosing metal structures should be turned to forged cornices.
are very beautiful in the interior. Advantages of metal cornices:
For sewing curtains, you first need to determine the type of fabric, its texture and color, the type of curtain rod and its dimensions. Correct cornice gives the curtains a finished look. In general, the decorative composition will look harmonious, if all materials will be combined with each other.
Modern types of curtains for curtains( video)
Curtains are curtains made of light and flowing fabrics. Modern designers often resort to the use of curtains, because with their help the atmosphere of any room can be made festive, cozy and comfortable. When choosing a fabric and model of curtains, one should pay attention to the general style in the interior. It is also very important to choose the cornice correctly.