material. The final stage in the repair and improvement of the house is the decoration of the windows. You can safely say that this is the most important element in the decor of each room. And without proper window decoration, never get a finished kind of room. Curtains give the room a cosiness and that very sensation of the house, create a mood for which all are eager to get home from work. With their help you can also control the level of light in the apartment - increase the brightness in the afternoon, or soften the hot sun early in the morning. Today there is a huge amount of materials for the decoration of windows: natural and artificial, dense not allowing light and light breathing, any textures, colors and designs. In recent years, natural fabrics are gaining popularity. Consider material such as linen.
- What are linen curtains made of flax
- Curtains: linen in combination with other types of fabrics
- Tulle: linen or organza
- Advantages of linen curtains in the kitchen
- Stylish linen curtains( video)
- Design of linen curtains( photos in the interior)
What are linen curtains made of flax
As with any fabric, flax also has flaws, which, however, can be successfully coped: linen variation is heavily smoothed, And there is pA lawsuit that can sit down after washing - both of these problems are solved by cleaning in a gentle mode, and ironing is mandatory in wet form. In this case, do not forget that linen cloth can not be bleached.
Advantages of this fabric as curtains in the bedroom or living room:
- Environmentally impeccable - 100% natural fabrics;
- Breathable curtains - freely let in air;
- Wear-resistant - such curtains with proper care can last for several decades;
- Resistant to dirt, easily washable;
- Unique style;
- Indispensable in Scandinavian, rustic style, in the style of Provence, country, eco, folklore style, fusion, and also high-tech with lace.
Despite the fact that the flax is simple enough and at first glance to be a monotonous material, there are a large number of varieties of fabric in density and structure. Unbleached canvas is the most popular classic type of medium-density flax, more often gray and beige, suitable for rustic and Provence style.
Clarified fabric - medium-density fabric of lighter shades - creamy white, soft yellow, looks good in Scandinavian and Mediterranean styles, in eco-style and fusion.
A thick canvas - sometimes called "burlap", by name it can be seen that the fabric is superior in density to other types of flax, a coarse unfinished type of thread structure, ideal for eco-living, folklore and country or village style.
Curtains: linen in combination with other types of fabrics
There is an ultra-thin linen fabric, which is used in the form of curtains, translucent breathable material, suitable for cozy bedrooms and calm classics, it is possible to use in almost all styles except for the panel and design in a luxuriousClassics from IKEA.
Flax with additives presents:
- Additional threads are added to the material to prevent excessive creasing and to give gloss and gloss;
- Recently, flax began to meet with the addition of gold threads;
- The material gives a special solemn appearance to the room.