welding polypropylene pipes - a process that is available even novice mechanic Increasingly, the old metal pipes, we replace plastic, including polypropylene. The choices we make because they have a long life, do not rust, does not weigh a lot, do not rot, besides assembling them entirely subservient to every skillful master of the house. Welding of modern polyethylene pipes is carried out quickly, but requires some skills, which, incidentally, comes quickly. If you are not sure of yourself, you can practice beforehand in assembling small segments and inexpensive fittings, and then you can also start making your own water supply system.
- Brazing polypropylene pipes: types of products
- Investigated as soldering polypropylene tubes
- As soldering polypropylene: work steps
- time soldering of polypropylene pipes: Table indicators
- welding or soldering plastic pipes with their hands
- soldering temperature polypropylene tubes
- welding plastic pipes with their hands( video)
brazing polypropylene pipes: types of products
pipes polypropyleneAnd usually there are four colors: black, gray, green and white.
Of all the types of pipes available on the market, only the blacks differ from the others in that they have a special increased resistance to ultraviolet radiation. They are used practically only for laying the system of watering the soil.
The rest of the pipes have similar characteristics and are used in a variety of applications, and differ in the way they withstand temperature.
polypropylene tubes come in several forms
By purpose polypropylene pipes are of the following species:
- For cold water having a temperature up to + 45 ° C.They can be distinguished by a strip of blue color running along the pipe.
- For hot water supply, heating up to + 85 ° C.Their individual distinctive feature is a longitudinal strip of bright red color.
- Universal, permissible heating of which must not exceed + 75 ° C.To orient the product, two bands are applied together - blue and red.
Investigated as soldering polypropylene tubes
Polypropylene as the material has high strength and rigidity. Therefore, to create systems with joints, bends and transitions, different accessories are used, called fittings. These are all kinds of corners, tees, couplings, bypasses, adapters and so on. With pipes they connect by soldering. This process is also called welding because of the same meaning of the word. Two elements are heated to a certain melting point, and then, in a hot state, are welded together. If everything is properly sealed, then the connection is monolithic and durable, and serves as much as the pipes themselves.
If it is necessary to connect polypropylene to metal, then it is necessary to take combination fittings. At them one part is made of metal, and is connected by the usual threaded method, and the second - polypropylene is soldered by means of the special device called a soldering iron or welding machine.
This device looks like a metal platform, but inside it is an electric spiral, which heats the surface. This device is also called an iron. To connect two elements. Soldering process for polypropylene pipes
To heat the element at the required depth, two different Teflon-coated nozzles must be installed on the welding platform:
- To heat the pipe inside, a smaller diameter nozzle is used;
- To heat the outer surface put the sleeve.
Before starting work it is necessary to heat the soldering iron well, then the welding will be of high quality and reliable.
How to solder polypropylene: the steps of the
The soldering iron used for soldering polypropylene pipes is slightly different from conventional ones, but has the same operating principle.
There are two basic models on sale: with a cylindrical heater and with a flat platform.
For specialists, there is not much difference, everyone chooses the tool that he likes more.
Step-by-step instructions for soldering polypropylene pipes
After heating the soldering iron, the following actions are performed:
- The nozzle is fitted with a suitable diameter;
- Then, in the hole in the platform pass the pin;
- On the pin, a sleeve and a mandrel are used on both sides;
- Nuts are tightened on both sides;
- On the regulator set the necessary heating temperature, + 260 ° C
It only remains to wait for the set temperature signal. The soldering iron is ready for work. For high-quality welding, it is important that the edges of the welded products are even. Watch this. If there is a need, then fix the flaws.
Soldering time of polypropylene pipes: table of indicators
When welding, polypropylene must be heated to the required temperature of 260 degrees. Overheating and underheating significantly affect the quality of the seam and reduce strength. Therefore, while the unit is warming up, do not start to shake the parts. Too overheated and soft pipe too will not be a good result - the fitting simply will not be able to be inserted into it, and if the material is not heated enough, it will not fuse.
Fittings and polypropylene pipes must be cleaned, degreased and dried before welding. If this is not done, then the quality of welding will be terrible.
This preparation is necessary for all types of pipes, except so-called foil reinforced. Pipes reinforced with fiberglass can also be soldered by this method.
Soldering time of polypropylene pipes
Soldering time of polypropylene pipes depends directly on the diameter of the pipe itself, namely:
- Tube, diameter 16-20 mm - soldered 6 seconds;
- 25-32 mm - 10 seconds;
- 40-50 mm - 20 seconds;
- 63-75 mm - 30 sec.
This data is suitable if the ambient temperature is within + 20 ° C.At a hotter temperature, the indicator is shifted to a smaller side.
Welding or soldering plastic pipes with your own hands
For heating system equipment, apartments and private houses use pipes having a diameter of 16 to 30 mm. The most popular of them have a diameter of 20 and 25 mm.
After you have determined the diameter, you need to calculate the total length of the pipeline. To do this, it is best for you to outline the space in the house, applying lines on the walls, in the places where the pipes will pass, and measure their extent. If the wall drawings do not disturb the appearance of your rooms, you can immediately apply the necessary fittings. So it will be easier for you to correctly calculate their correct number.
If you can not draw on the walls, draw a simple pipeline diagram on the sheet, and apply all the necessary elements to it. Make the calculations, and go to the store for shopping. The next step is to prepare all the details that you will solder.
Before starting soldering the pipes with your own hands, make the necessary measurements and make the drawings
When the pipes and fittings are prepared, proceed as follows:
- Strip and degrease all soldering points on the products;
- After drying the surface, on the pipes, at a distance of 1.5 cm from the edge, draw a mark with a thin marker, marking the distance of immersion in the fitting;
- Before connecting the pipe to the corner, first attach one part to the other as they should be in the finished state and make a longitudinal mark on the pipe and corner at the same time, which will help you to later correctly join the parts;
- Next, we put the pipe on the dowel of the apparatus, and at the same time insert the fitting into the sleeve;
- After the necessary time, remove the parts from the nozzles and connect, pushing the pipe into the fitting to the indicated mark. We make a connection, guided by the marks made. You can not twist and rotate the elements.
After the specified time has elapsed, the pressure can be stopped, but the connection can not be touched for several minutes. After enough time has passed, we can assume that the soldering is complete. You can proceed to the next seam, just first check the soldering iron. If there were fragments of the last soldering on it, carefully remove them with a soft cloth without pile.
Soldering temperature of polypropylene pipes
In order to properly weld PVC pipes, it is necessary to do everything correctly. For this, an instruction is attached to each welding machine, according to which the spike is correctly made.
In order to weld polypropylene pipes, it is necessary to heat up the welding equipment device to a temperature of 260 degrees, and only after that start working.
Before you start, you should clearly know the rules by which parts are welded, secrets that will help you to work in hard-to-reach places, how much the device heats up, how to solder the plastic pipe in the metal riser and whether you can boil the water pipes. To answer these questions you will help an experienced welder, or our site.
For soldering pipes, the equipment must be heated to 260 degrees
Diffuse welding of polymer pipes allows you to make the installation of heating and plumbing systems yourself, and has many advantages:
- Affordable cost of domestic equipment;
- Formation of durable sealed joints on pipes;
- Possibility to place water and heating pipes in any desired places;
- It becomes possible to weld any necessary foam-bonded joints;
- This equipment is very easy to use;
This latest technology opens a lot of unprecedented opportunities so far.
Welding plastic pipes with your own hands( video)
Until recently, besides the concept of welding ordinary, we also heard the name "cold".It's no secret that one word of welding has terrified many, associating with all the difficulties of welding, mud, sparks and global repairs. Today, thanks to the appearance of PPR pipes on the market, it became possible to turn the installation of heating and plumbing systems into an exciting quest, where the work is done without dust, dirt, sparks and unpleasant odor. The only condition of installation is not to make an error. This can lead to poor circulation of the liquid through the pipes.