is possible. Many today want to make a room out of the balcony where they could not dry their clothes and store various rubbish, but spend time doing something interesting, or just drinkingTea with friends. To do this, you need to make a quiet, warm corner out of the cold, windswept space. Nock how to achieve this. Naturally, the balcony needs to be insulated. Today there are enough heaters available on the market, which can be used to insulate the balcony. But before you lay the insulation and repair the walls, you need to install energy-saving windows. This is the main requirement. Without it, the insulation of the balcony is meaningless.
- Self-glazing of the loggia: ways and types of work
- How to start the balcony glazing yourself: preparing
- How to glaze the balcony yourself: the necessary materials and tools
- Step-by-step instruction: how to glaze the balcony with your ownHands
- How to glaze the balcony yourself from scratch( video)
Loggia glazing yourself: ways and types of work
Modern technologies provide an opportunity to make andA balcony or a loggia is a real masterpiece. You can make a summer terrace from a balcony structure, or you can make an imitation of it, so that you can be on the balcony or on a loggia both in winter and summer, as in an open, uncluttered terrace.
Glazing of the loggia with your own hands, it's not an easy thing. If you do not have skills in this matter, it is better to resort to the help of specialists. Balcony - this is not the interior space of the apartment, where the errors in the work will not be noticeable. The balcony requires skill and skill.
In order to properly glaze the loggia, it is necessary to install a strong fence that will withstand not lightweight double-glazed windows. In addition, the material from which the windows are made should be minimally light and maximally energy efficient. There are several types of glazing of the balcony or loggia, they all differ in both the result and the installation process.
Types of balcony glazing:
- Cold glazing;
- Conventional glazing;
- Sliding glazing;
- Glazing with removal of window space;
- Full take-away of the balcony;
- Panoramic glazing.
The first option is the easiest. This is a long-known and cheap glazing of the balcony, when a wooden frame is inserted into the existing paneling, but in this way you will not insulate it. Panoramic glazing is a great way. The view from the window increases, the room comes in a lot more light, it has a stylish design, but it is impossible to make a panoramic lightening.
How to start the glazing of the balcony with your own hands: preparing
In order to glaze the balcony, you need to have a solid and reliable foundation for the installation of frames. Balconies of houses that were built in the last century, went according to plan with only one railings made of metal bars lined with planks. By today, these fences have turned into bent, loosened, rusted reinforcement elements.
The glazing of the balcony with your own hands must begin with the preparatory work. If you see that there is simply nothing to put your new windows on, then you need to build a solid foundation for them.
If the fence is relatively new and strong, then it can be simply reinforced with additional metal supports. Do not lay the fence out of brick, or other heavy materials. The balcony can not stand and crumble.
Works to be done before the balcony glazing:
- Equip the base for your new windows. It is best to build a new fence from a metal corner or profile pipe.
- Cover the metal guard with an anti-corrosion agent.
- Think about your own safety. If you have to work above the second floor, you will get a safety belt. Work at height can only be carried out in it.
- Make a draft of your future balcony. Calculate all the parameters, this will allow you to calculate the size of windows, the consumption of materials for glazing and the means for them.
- Prepare all the necessary materials and tools.
- Find a partner. Installing windows alone is almost impossible.
- If your plans include a paneling of the balcony facade, then this should be done before installing new window frames.
If you have a small balcony in Khrushchev, you might want to consider installing a fence with glazing out or the entire perimeter of the balcony.
How to glaze the balcony itself: the necessary materials and tools
If you do not count finishing and preparatory work, then to install the windows themselves, many materials and tools are not needed.
It's quite possible to glaze the balcony itself, like a loggia with plastic windows. To do this, you only need to correctly calculate the required size of windows and put them correctly in the prepared opening.
If you decide to increase the area of the balcony, do not increase it with an aluminum profile. Better for this is a steel profile pipe, welded to the fasteners. When carrying out repairs on the balcony, do not forget about the safety of relatives and friends.
Materials and tools you will need when installing plastic windows:
- Combination pliers;
- Self-tapping screws;
- Mounting foam;
- Steam insulation tape;
- Plastic for window sill.
The installation of glazing with double-glazed windows begins after cleaning the garbage on the balcony, construction materials and dust elimination. Do not miss the new glass on the dirty balcony.
Step-by-step instruction: how to glaze the balcony with your own hands
After all the preparatory work, you can start the process of glazing the balcony or balcony. With the loggia, things are simpler. One front wall is much easier to glaze than the entire perimeter of the balcony. But the result will be different. The loggia comes in much less light than the balcony, and it looks smaller.
Glazing with their own hands the balcony, like a loggia, is not easy. To do this, you will need an assistant and some construction tools. Work must be done carefully, so as not to damage the profile and not scratch the glass.
Do not rush, after every step taken, check the quality of work. If the integrity is broken, the cold and damp will climb into your balcony.
Step-by-step installation instructions for windows:
- We remove the double-glazed windows from the frames.
- Carefully pack them in a safe place where they are safe;
- Remove the opening sash from the frame. Lock the window, remove the upper and lower trim. Pull the pin out of the loop that is below, bring the handle into a flat, horizontal position, tilt the wing toward you, and remove it from the lower hinge.
- Attach to the frame the framing profiles that were complete with the windows. In the frame there are holes for them.
- Secure them with screws.
- Along the entire perimeter you should already have holes drilled under the anchor.
- Insert the frame into your opening and align.
- Attach the frame with bolts to the parapet, to the wall and to the ceiling. The distance between the bolts should not be more than 70 cm.
- Stick a vapor barrier tape on the ends.
- Lock the space between it and the wall, and attach to the opening, seal the joints
- Return the double-glazed windows and the sash into the frame.
- Glue the vapor barrier tape on the lower part of the frame.
- Install the window sill.
- Check the tightness and performance of the structure.
Preparing the balcony for glazing takes much longer than installing windows in the finished openings. When we stack metal fences from scratch, it takes a little longer.
How to glaze the balcony yourself from scratch( video)
Having glazed your balcony with double-glazed windows, you can safely continue its insulation, and create a quite acceptable temperature for the winter in the balcony. If you sew it with a lining or a plastic profile and equip the heating, you can make for yourself a tiny office, an art corner or a place to relax.