ceiling decoration disadvantages - it is solely a creative task for which solutions are used a variety of means. The stucco is chosen by those who appreciate the classical style, comfort and exquisite beauty. Read on and find out how to make stucco molding on your ceiling!
- stucco on the ceiling of the apartment
- Methods of processing the ceiling moldings
- ceilings with moldings: the decor using painting
- Lightweight and easy ceiling with moldings of polyurethane
- Design ceiling moldings made from natural gypsum
- stucco ceiling( video)
- stucco ceiling in the interior( photo)
stucco on the ceiling in the apartment
Traditionally stucco finish reminiscent of the halls in the big rich houses them awayTh past. However, today this kind of decor is widely used even in the most ordinary apartments. The reason is that there are products that perfectly imitate clay or plaster paintings.
Currently, the stucco is made of the following materials:
- polyurethane foam;
- polystyrene foam;
The first option requires some artistic skill to create a smooth and beautiful pattern on your own. Although not difficult to create a pattern for everyone. Nevertheless, if you want to see perfectly smooth repeating elements of stucco, it is recommended to use blocks of foam or polyurethane foam.
order to approximate the appearance of the finished stucco blocks, use the paint. White paint will create the feeling of a completely new stucco, and beige shades will create the atmosphere of the old hall.
Types of ceiling decoration molding
There are several traditional techniques how to trim the ceiling with stucco. Of course, each one can choose a drawing for his own taste, but some customs with respect to the location of the stucco elements should take place in every interior using this type of ceiling ornaments.
most popular types of decorative elements of stucco are:
- Outlets. Making a place under a chandelier is a great idea that will refresh the decor and give the whole room an atmosphere of sophistication and beauty.
- Cornices. Stucco molding is an excellent alternative to conventional ceiling skirting boards. The cornice decorates not only the ceiling, but also the wall, making the transition more smooth and soft.
- Moldings. This type of decor is used to create a geometric pattern on the ceiling. In other parts of the room, it is perfect for zoning the wall space: for framing individual decor elements, for example, mirrors or paintings.
eaves and moldings have important functional significance. Under the foam polyurethane strips of molding it is easy to hide the wiring.
Ceilings with stucco: decor with mural
The decor of the ceiling with stucco is beautiful. Twice the stucco molding, if it is tastefully painted. Under the painting, any stucco molding is suitable: both natural, from plaster, and artificial from polyurethane foam. Differences can only be in the paint, which is suitable for painting.
The most popular way of staining stucco is gilding. Outstanding parts of the bas-relief are covered with gold paint, or individual elements are covered with gold completely.
Which painting options are the most advantageous for stucco molding:
- color painting elements;
- building with beige shades;
- art painting of walls, vignetted with stucco molding.
Lightweight and comfortable ceiling with polyurethane molding
At the moment, many prefer to decorate their homes with polyurethane stucco. Although the appearance of such products still yields its artificiality due to the extreme similarity of the repeating elements, but still the reasons for choosing this kind of decoration are many.
What are the advantages of polyurethane stucco molding:
- Polyurethane is a very light material. Stucco, made of polyurethane, keeps even on liquid nails.
- Polyurethane is not afraid of moisture or smells.
- Care for this ceiling will not be difficult: dust and dirt do not accumulate on the polyurethane.
- Polyurethane is quite shock-resistant. Light effects are transferred without damage.
- You can paint your ceiling from polyurethane stucco or make it painted.
- Polyurethane has a low cost.
The molding made of polyurethane does not look much different from the gypsum elements, but it's functionally and cost-efficiently wins before a natural competitor!
Ceiling design from natural gypsum
If you have decided to trim the ceiling with plaster moldings, then prepare yourself for the difficulties that will meet you on the way to the result. However, if everything goes smoothly, if you are careful and careful, the result will please you more than a dozen years!Natural stucco is a luxury and joy from manual labor.
To prepare the solution, follow the recommendations:
- Dilute the powdered gypsum with water to the consistency of kefir.
- Pour the gypsum into prepared molds.
- Weak gypsum to avoid voids.
- Leave for half an hour until completely solidified.
Stir vigorously with the help of a special drill bit.
To increase the elasticity of the elements, add a little PVA glue to the solution. This stucco does not crack.
Assembly of large elements is done by screws. Small parts can be attached to PVA glue, putty or even to liquid nails. Also, many are interested in the question of what to do if a piece is crumbling or broken. Restoration of the stucco decoration is done manually with the help of a solution, the recipe of which is indicated above. Restoration of the decor, as well as its original creation, must be completed by painting in tone to the ceiling or painting on the planned sketch.
Stucco for ceiling( video)
Stucco on the ceiling - this is a refined classics, accessible to everyone. Decoration in the form of stucco molding will create a gentle and light atmosphere. With stucco on the ceiling your room will resemble a palace hall. Doing repairs to an apartment or house, be sure to consider the option to install the decor in the form of stucco. The stucco ceiling is a great way to make something more original than the common types of ceiling finishes.