Metal fences for stairs not only provide safe movement of the ladder, but also further decorate the interior. Railings and balusters are able to radically change the interior of the room, decorating and adding it, so the choice of fences should be approached with special care. Today we will talk in detail about the types of metal suitable for making fences, and also find out what fencing is better to use in accordance with GOST.
- Metal fencing stair
- metal stair enclosures
- Advantages fences stainless steel stair
- Types fencing metal ladders
- GOST: steel fencing stairs, terraces and roofs
- Fences of stairwaysstainless steel( video)
- Details: metal fences for stairs( photo)
stairs Enclosures for stairs onThere is a function to prevent falling, as well as to create comfortable movement through the steps.
Metal fencing consists of several elements, the following are distinguished:
- Filling between elements;
stainless steel to create a truly comfortable stairs must be carefully treat installing balusters, performing a supporting function. Balusters are a load-bearing element that also performs a decorative function.
For added security, the space between the racks can be filled with special fillings, especially in a house with young children.
There are several types of partitions:
- in the form of balusters,
Ladder fences from metal
Currently, railings are made of various materials that have different features and advantages. Before buying, determine which metal is best used in the room where the staircase will be located.
Modern handrails are made of the following materials:
- Cast iron;
While selecting the main criterion is the purpose of the finished railing. If the installation is planned from the outside, then the ideal materials will be stainless steel. Nickel and cast iron elements are resistant to changes in temperature and moisture, do not deform and do not deteriorate.
Inside the house it is better to install beautiful aluminum structures. They are light, look stylish, modern, while the rails of this material are the most affordable.
Designs of handrails can include glass, forged decor elements, various patterns for metal. Such decorations perfectly fit in the interior of the country house, bring comfort and sophistication. The rails can be of different colors, but most often black, as well as dark gray. Aluminum partitions are mostly shiny, metallic in color, light gray.
Advantages of railing for stainless steel stairs
Stainless steel products look modern and stylish, have good characteristics and affordable price.
There are several advantages of fencing for stairs made of stainless steel:
- Increased resistance to corrosion, moisture, temperature changes;
- Light weight combined with high strength and durability;
- Resistance to mechanical damage, acids and alkalis;
- Easy to install and operate, unpretentious.
This explains the widespread stainless steel handrails, they can be seen almost everywhere, from public institutions and ending with houses and cottages. It is possible to connect all the elements for the stainless steel handrail yourself, to purchase the components will not be difficult.
The manufacture of stainless steel handrails is now widespread, because it is the most practical and at the same time easy to use material. Resistance to temperature changes allows the use of stairs from stainless steel in any room, as well as outside the house. At the same time, a wide choice of design designs will help you decide on the choice and change the interior of the room.
It is necessary to choose fences carefully, because for each staircase you need railings and balusters.
Only ladders do not have fencing, but it is obvious, in other cases, railings and balusters are simply necessary to ensure safe movement through the steps.
Types fences metal stairs
Metal stair railings need for a comfortable and safe movement of the ladder to prevent the fall, can perform a decorative function. The design and construction of the staircase components plays an important role in the design of houses. From metal it is possible to create various elements which can cardinally change an interior of a premise with a ladder.
Various design solutions for fencing will help you choose the ideal interior element.
There are two types of railings according to the manufacturing method: forged and welded.
The fences include three components, we already mentioned this above:
- Balusters -And decorative function;
- Handrails - metal structures, mounted on balusters on one or both sides of the march to isolate marching areas;
- Filling of fences provides safety, fastens between racks and fills a void.
are divided into the following types, in turn filling:
- Classic - have nothing but balusters, vertical or inclined;
- Solid - create their wide sheets, often combined with glass and other materials;
- With bolts - the space is filled with metal elements, parallel to the handrails.
Special parts are attached in different ways: by welding to the end of the steps, and also can be bolted directly to the stage. On the reliability and strength of the construction method of attachment does not affect, only changes the visual perception.
GOST: steel fences for stairs, balconies and roofs
There is a special standard that all steel fences must adhere to.
According to GOST metal fences for stairs, terraces and roofs must comply with the following parameters:
- rails does not exceed a height of 90 cm, the filling may be different - lattice, screen etc. Depending on the room and overall design;
- in schools railings should not be less than 120 cm - this is an exception, the gap between the vertical insertions is 10 cm, to prevent children from falling, horizontal bars are rarely used.
stair landings fenced railing follows:
- Internal - the height of the railing is up to 90 cm;
- External - steel railings up to 120 cm;.
- For kindergartens and public buildings - railing at least 1 m 20 cm
enclosing balconies GOST depending on building height:
- Less than 30 m - railing arranged at a distance of 1 m from the floor;
- If the building has a height of more than 30 m - the distance increases to 1 m 10 cm;
- In kindergartens and public buildings railing balconies less than 1 m 20 cm.
also mounted guard on the roof. Regardless of the type of roof height is 60 cm.
Fences made of stainless steel ladders( video)
In conclusion, the metal railings look modern, distinguished by reliability and practicality, as well as an impeccable appearance. All the elements for the fence can be purchased in the store and create a design with their own hands. Using the GOST can force anyone to assemble safe and beautiful fences from various types of metal. A variety of modern designs and materials will allow you to choose the best type of fence that will delight you for years.